The halfers club...for those needing to lose half or more of

Options

Replies

• goodinmeek
    Options
    The death of your mother is much more devastating than you may realize. You are so busy right now "taking care of things" that you may not even realize that you are dealing with some depression.

I have been dealing with some of that myself...and gained 30 lbs. while I was down and out...I found a smoothie that really helped with energy and mood...don't really know what is in it, but I am a BELIEVER! Nothing has worked for me in the last year...just couldn't stop eating and NEVER excercised! Right Size Smoothies have been a God-send for me! I drink one for breakfast and I'm not hungry until lunch! It is amazing...only 100 calories for a scoop and then your lowfat, soy, or fat-free milk!

I highly recommend it!

Walk outside...don't think of it as excercise..just walk and appreciate nature...you will benefit in many ways!:wink:
  • KCSPEARS
    Options
    IM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR MOTHER.:flowerforyou:

IM SURE YOU CAN GET BACK ON TRACK. YOU KNOW I WAS THINKING THE OTHER DAY, A FRIEND OF MINE WANTED TO STOP SMOKING & SHE WAS LIKE ITS JUST HARD, & I THOUGHT TO MYSELF (WHY CANT YOU PUT THEM DOWN & NEVER PICK THEM BACK UP i DID YEARS AGO) I DIDNT SEE IT BEING THAT HARD... THEN I STOPPED AND THOUGHT TO MYSELF OK, KRISTINA WHY CAN YOU JUST LOSE WEIGHT & KEEP UP DOING IT, WHY CANT YOU NOT BACKSLIDE ON THE WEIGHT LOSS TRAIN... SO THEN I RELIZED ANYTHING WE HAVE TO OVER COME IN LIFE IS A STRUGGLE MORE OF A BATTLEFIELD.. WE JUST GOT TO KEEP FIGHTING...

I THINK THE HARDEST THING FOR MEIS NOT SEEING RESULTS FAST ENOUGH. I FEEL LIKE OK WHAT IM DOING ISNT WORKING SO WHY KEEP DOING IT.

PLEASE KEEP UP YOUR BATTLE, IN THE END YOU'LL BE REWARDED.....YOU CAN DO IT!
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    kamcat, I agree with KC and meek... you're probably dealing with a bit of depression. It's hard enough staying on track when things are good, I can't imagine having to deal with something like that and trying to count and track calories. Get back on track WHEN YOU CAN, and don't worry about it until then. Things will fall into place eventually and you'll come back with a vengeance.

Just an update for me this week..

Last week: 280
    This week: 278

I'm back on track myself and that sea world trip with all my friends (at 270) is looking closer all the time.
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys....it's so nice to have a support group like this. It is much appreciated:)
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Maintained this week. Not surprising with family emergencies leaving little time for planning and hence too many "I'm starving, I guess I'll have to have this pizza since I can't possibly leave to get something healthier."

I've been helping run the pizza shop this week since my uncle is out of commission after gall bladder removal surgery and hence his wife (the owner of the shop) is also out of commission.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Hi all I have lost 2.4 pounds this week. It is about time I have been recording 0's for the last 3 weeks.
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    So I started the Couch 2 5K program today. Or at least an altered version of it. I can't do it the full time yet. But I jogged/walked in intervals for 15 minutes today. I'll work it up to the full thirty. Productive day for me so far. I'm doing better on my calories than I did last week, though the parents are getting frustrated. (20 minutes in the car driving in circles 'where do we eat for lunch'? to end up going to the place I suggested in the first place instead of Beef O Brady's (which has NOTHING healthy basically).)

I don't like aggravating my parents but I'm not going to sacrifice my health for their convenience anymore. If they want to go eat Italian or a huge burger and fries, that's great. Drop me off at home and let me eat one of my smart ones or cook something myself.

In other news, I have to go in and do 3 month follow up A1C labs this Thursday. And a doctors appointment in 2 weeks. -crosses fingers- Hopefully my doc will take me off my meds officially (I'm terrible at taking meds and I'm doing okay without them since I've got my eating habits under control).

I'll keep you all updated! Now someone else post!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    So I started the Couch 2 5K program today. Or at least an altered version of it. I can't do it the full time yet. But I jogged/walked in intervals for 15 minutes today. I'll work it up to the full thirty. Productive day for me so far. I'm doing better on my calories than I did last week, though the parents are getting frustrated. (20 minutes in the car driving in circles 'where do we eat for lunch'? to end up going to the place I suggested in the first place instead of Beef O Brady's (which has NOTHING healthy basically).)

I don't like aggravating my parents but I'm not going to sacrifice my health for their convenience anymore. If they want to go eat Italian or a huge burger and fries, that's great. Drop me off at home and let me eat one of my smart ones or cook something myself.

In other news, I have to go in and do 3 month follow up A1C labs this Thursday. And a doctors appointment in 2 weeks. -crosses fingers- Hopefully my doc will take me off my meds officially (I'm terrible at taking meds and I'm doing okay without them since I've got my eating habits under control).

I'll keep you all updated! Now someone else post!

I hope your A 1C labs are great. I wish I could get my husband to get his type 2 under control...You are doing the right thing. I am proud of you. >>>>>>>>>Couch 2 5k, good for you.

I am not sure what has happened to all the halfers. I check in periodically and, less and less people are posting. I am also part of an "over 200's group" you might be interested in coming and checking us out as well.....
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Well I feel productive.

I came home, made dinner for myself (parents are out), and seasoned the left overs (browned turkey meat) for shepherds pie later this week. I ate, vacuumed, did the dishes, did 2 assignments and 2 500 word papers.

And btw... I love turkey taco night. :happy:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :happy: Weighed in today and I have lost a total of 76 pounds. In 13 more pounds I will be halfway to my ultimate goal of losing half my body weight, plus 19 pounds.:laugh:

Just after I had weighed, I ran into a lady I haven't seen in several months. Her first comment to me was "Good Gosh, Girl how much weight have you lost?"
    :heart: It was so much fun to tell her about Curves and MFP.

I know the last 100 pounds will be harder to lose than the first 100 but I finally BELIEVE it can be done.
  • patrice27
    Options
    Really nice posts on this group. Count me in! I am a middle-aged female, 5'3 and I need to lose at least 100 lbs.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello Patrice and Welcome to MFP and the Halfers Club. Together we WILL succeed.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    :happy: Weighed in today and I have lost a total of 76 pounds. In 13 more pounds I will be halfway to my ultimate goal of losing half my body weight, plus 19 pounds.:laugh:

Just after I had weighed, I ran into a lady I haven't seen in several months. Her first comment to me was "Good Gosh, Girl how much weight have you lost?"

I know the last 100 pounds will be harder to lose than the first 100 but I finally BELIEVE it can be done.

Wow, that is amazing. How long has it taken you to lose 76 pounds? Just curious. I am really happy for you and I look forward to being at the half way mark as well...
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Really nice posts on this group. Count me in! I am a middle-aged female, 5'3 and I need to lose at least 100 lbs.

Welcome, and we are all here with ya....:flowerforyou:
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Welcome Patrice! This is a great site, and its good you're using the community for support. I can't tell you how important it is to have an outside support system, especially if it isn't there at home :grumble:

Weigh in Day!

Last week: 278
    This week: 276

Two pounds whoot! I definitely see the importance of getting out and moving more now that my calories are going down. Not going over my calories on the days I didn't run was a bit difficult, but I had no problems the days I did. So I'm going to kick it up a notch, run MWF, and do WiiActive TTHSSu, at least for 15 minutes. Enough to get my heart pumping and burn a few calories.
  • LJCannon
    Options

Wow, that is amazing. How long has it taken you to lose 76 pounds? Just curious. I am really happy for you and I look forward to being at the half way mark as well...

I joined Curves on March 29 of this year and I found MFP shortly after that so it has been about 6 months. No one is more surprised by that than me:laugh:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am down .4 almost half a pound. That is okay I went in the desired direction even if it was small......
  • LJCannon
    Options
    Momma2four, Congrats on losing the .4 pound. It is fun too, to just focus on the BIG number (for me, anyway) Instead of telling people that I lost 7 pounds this month I love the reactions when I just say I've lost 76 total.

But you are right, the most important thing is that the scale is moving in the right direction.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Thanks, I will take it... I lost 2.4 last week so I kinda had a feeling this week would be a bit less, just not so much less:laugh:
  • patrice27
    Options
    Hi all,
    Happy Friday! I walked by the halloween candy aisle and that left hand with a mind of its own did not put a bag of milky way bars in the basket! That is a first... On a plateau, but trying to still not cheat- just seeing all the success stories here helps