What was the first excercise video you ever did?

Options

Replies

• mrsmac69
    mrsmac69 Posts: 6
    Options
    Before the age of video I did Richard Simmons' workout ALBUM. Forget what it was called......

It was on tv but the first workout "video" I did was 20 minute workout. Tae Bo was the first one I really got into though.
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    My exercise days go back to before there were home videos to exercise to!

My first at home exercise program: Exercise with Gloria (my mom gave me her old LP & instruction book)

Then in the early 80's I started working out to: Carol Hensel's Exercise and Dance Program (also an LP and instruction book)

and then, when I got a VCR, I graduated to Richard Simmon's Sweating to the Oldies!

My exercise days go back further as well. I joined my first gym in 1975, when I was 14 and they believed it was bad for kids to do resistance training younger that that. My yearly membership was $44.00.
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    The Original Buns Of Steel with Greg Smithey.....................got rid of the vhs version and got the dvd a few years back! Still kicks my butt!!!!
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If you count childhood, then the first exercise programs I ever did were on TV with Jack LaLanne and Exercise with Gloria. I was a skinny little kid, but it was fun to exercise with my mother, and Gloria often had her children exercising with her.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Lyle Alzado "No Sweat" on VHS {still have the video}.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    "the goddess workout"(bellly dancing) and "total body"? (with "shepressa")
  • Maridelsol82
    Options
    MTV The Grind Hip Hop work out videos! lol way back in the day! I remember my grandma caught me doing them in the living room & tried to start dancing with me! It was so funny! I must have been like 12 years old.

7628060.png
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I don't really know. I've honestly always hated work out videos. I remember doing some terrible yoga video in middle school. I just have no enjoyed most of the ones I've tried. I had a yoga video which was okay, but now I much prefer to do yoga without it. I do like the POP Pilates videos, but that's about it.
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options
    Running from my mom chasing after me with the wooden spoon...

Still running to this day...with her not from her though. She's my inspiration. At nearly 50, she can knock out at least 4-6 miles on the daily.

Whoops...just realized this was first exercise VID...hmmm probably a yoga dvd xD
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    The old 90's Callanetics video lol
  • angelpie36426
    angelpie36426 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I watched Richard Simmons when he was on tv. First video? Susan Anton!
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Jane Fonda and Denise Austin videos..
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred in February of this year. Now I'm a hardcore Jillian fan. Not so much a fan of *her*, but a fan of her dvds.
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    The old 90's Callanetics video lol

Lol...I had that one, too!
  • steph0924
    steph0924 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I played soccer most of my life, but for at home exercise, mine was not a video, but Denise Austin on TV. Like on ESPN or something like that. I would tape them. This was in my teens. Then I moved to step aerobics, but I can't even remember her name. Mostly Denise Austin videos though.
  • skinnyshortie
    Options
    Beginning of high school, 'Pump it up' dance DVD. Couldn't bloody do it. I'm so uncoordinated. :grumble:
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Billy blanks tae bo....the first set he released wayyyyyy back :P I still do his work outs from time time...they're really good. I love the flex workout the most
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!

The first one I ever did was Abs of Steel w/ Tamilee Webb but that's only because my stingy friend would not lend me her Sweatin to the Oldies VHS she never did!
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I remember in the 90's Alyssa Milano had a workout VHS called Teen Steam. Never did it though.

Also my roommate in college had the Jennie Garth workout tape (Beverly Hills 90210). It wasn't half bad..
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo! And my other young mom friends would come over with their kiddos, we'd push all the furniture back & punch & kick it out while the kids played. :)