cottage cheese..what do do with it?!

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I find this needs a little more salt and garlic than the recipe calls for, but it's still really good...
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-recipes/creamy-spinach-penne/
  • marzinator13
    marzinator13 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I like it plain ... otherwise i like having it with a bakes potatoe and mixing it. Idk why but it tastes so good :) then just through in green beans and a piece of chicken and u have a delicious meal

( chicken cooked in the crock pot in chicken broth is amazing :) )
  • elorei
    elorei Posts: 6
    Options
    I love cottage cheese plain. Sadly, a half cup has so much sodium it is a rarer treat for me than eating something loaded with sugars or fats. A half cup is not much cottage cheese, it is a small serving; but that comes with almost 600mg of sodium.
  • joeq722
    joeq722 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Throw in tuna right from the can, some brocolli and carrots.
    Now your talkin!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I make something I call chocage cheese. Basically I put some cottage cheese in a bowl. Add cocoa powder. Add a packet of sweetener. Mix it like crazy. Mouthgasm.
    I do this, but add way more stuff...

1/2 cup CC
    1/4 cup almond milk
    1 Tbsp cocoa powder
    1/4 pkg FF/SF pudding, any flavour works great (mmmmm cheesecake...)
    70g frozen blueberries or 1 cup of fresh fruit, to your liking

Freeze for 15-30 minutes.

For extra volume, you can add 1/2 cup of plain yogurt, or top with some cereal, nuts, granola or whatever you like. If I have a lot of fats left for the day I top with natural PB.
    IMAG0344.jpg
    Delish!

Other uses....

Protein Brownies:
    IMAG0179.jpg
    Protein pancakes:
    IMAG0237.jpg

Also great on salad with fresh salsa, nutritional yeast and some balsamic vinegar. Yum! :bigsmile:
  • kazza2cats
    kazza2cats Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Just had some for my dinner. I like the one with pineapple in. I had it on my Jacket potato with salad.

Sometimes have it on Rivitas for lunch too. Low calorie and high in protein.
  • SarieCherries
    SarieCherries Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/2 banana
    3 egg whites
    vanilla
    cinnamon

put it in a blender, mix and pour onto a hot lightly sprayed pan or griddle

flip when there are bubbles

makes about 3 pancakes

I like mine with jam or fresh fruit!

I HAVE to try this!
  • soladolj
    soladolj Posts: 1
    Options
    I like to add some powdered sugar free jell-o to it, maybe add some manderine oranges and/or pineapple, nuts. And if you want even smoother add some cool-whip mixed in with it. very refreshing.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    bro5212.jpg
  • kmgarza
    kmgarza Posts: 31
    Options
    I love cottage cheese!! I eat with fruit like raspberries, blackberries or strawberries sometimes I add a few almonds for crunchy effect. Or I just eat it plain right out the tub LOL :love:
  • Maz9624
    Maz9624 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The pancakes with oats sounds really nice, but need help with the recipe, we don't have 'cups' as a measure in the uk, do you know how many ounces are in a half cup? Also, has it been named and listed on MFP to add the cals etc? Many thanks, Maz.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Mix 500g pot with 2 beaten eggs and the kind of vegetable you like suitable for a quiche, onions, mushrooms, peppers.

Then add to a flan dish and pop in the oven at about 180' for 25 mins or until just turning golden on top. Great warm for a meal or cold as snacks, should make 4 decent portions or 6 snack.

Really low cal overall.

500g is a lot of pot for Pot Quiche. Although, this is a lower carb and more protein packed recipe than Pot Brownies.

:wink:
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • Neecy_Pooh
    Neecy_Pooh Posts: 122
    Options
    With fresh cut fruit or berries, or w/o fruit and only with pepper. : )
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    The pancakes with oats sounds really nice, but need help with the recipe, we don't have 'cups' as a measure in the uk, do you know how many ounces are in a half cup? Also, has it been named and listed on MFP to add the cals etc? Many thanks, Maz.
    About 40g of oats
    125 each of CC and egg whites

Equal parts of any volumetric measure will yield the same result
  • my6kiddies
    my6kiddies Posts: 4
    Options
    Sliced fresh tomatoes, topped with cottage cheese and sprinkled with a little garlic powder...yum

Also VERY yummy mixed in lime jello with pineapple!
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas :)

I usually just eat mine plain with some pepper, but some of these suggestions sound yummy!