why do women seem to want WHO they can't have?

Options
123457»

Replies

• vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I love you with every fiber of my being!!!

like you and that pizza?

Sorry, just had to :P
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    because women in general (not all but A LOT ) are a bunch of backstabing dirty over competive hookers

i also agree with this. especially the "overcompetitive" part. How many women have you heard say "I hate women/girls/females." Or "i don't have female friends."

Why do you think that's the case?
    Ouch. haha, I only have one female friend from back home but its mostly to do with how quiet and reserved I am.

I'm finding all the responses on here quite amusing. Makes for a good study break. :P

wait, I am quite and reserved, and they flock to me ... when they have questions about anything, hand moving, or what not... at times I have to beat them back with a stick (not really, but still).... but when it comes to dating, They flock away. <.<

Though, I argree with the amusing part. :) this is better than watching tv lol

Haha, well I am a female. I was referring to the remark about females being overly competitive and therefore having few female friends. :P

Much better. Who needs tv when you can get on mfp and watch people go off on each other if not for just the sake of argueing. I learned a while back to never post a thread on here because you will get insulted or chewed out by at least a few. haha
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

Spoken from experience.
  • vade43113
    Options
    I learned a while back to never post a thread on here because you will get insulted or chewed out by at least a few. haha

learned the very same lessen.... the hard way,
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I learned a while back to never post a thread on here because you will get insulted or chewed out by at least a few. haha

I don't understand the hostility on here. I thought this site was to support and motivate each other. Ah well... Guess I can settle for it being my source of entertainment for now.
  • vade43113
    Options

I don't understand the hostility on here. I thought this site was to support and motivate each other. Ah well... Guess I can settle for it being my source of entertainment for now.
    It is, but I guess some of people, that respond to posts, believe in the tough love mentality... or the my way or the high way
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    If this post said "Why do SOME women seem to want who they can't have?" no one would be arguing. They'd be agreeing and sharing stories. The problem was the degradation of women as an entire group.
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    In my opinion the OP is right on the money with her post, I think most men will agree that the more attractive the girl on you're arm is the more attractive you will be to other women. I learned this at a very young age, and when my buddy and I turned 21 we would always go out with his older sister and her friends because other women would constantly hit on us and pay alot more attention to us when we were in the company of very attractive women then when we were out without them. In my opinion alot of women (not all) are attracted to the challenge of stealing another womens man. Also women in my experience are alot more bold when checking out a guy that is in the company of another women, they dont seem to care if the guy's companion see's them checking her man out, were as men will be more descrete when checking out a women that is in the company of another man.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Nothing to worry about babe, I'll never be unfaithful to you. You are my source of happiness and I wouldn't let anyone come between us. I love you with every fiber of my being!!!
    [/quote]

Hey you sound like my boyfriend, LOL!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    If this post said "Why do SOME women seem to want who they can't have?" no one would be arguing. They'd be agreeing and sharing stories. The problem was the degradation of women as an entire group.

Wow. Sorry for not being PC. I didnt think someone would be so hung up on semantics if they thought the point was valid. Obviously I've already said that I'm a) a woman and 2) would never behave this way. I did not specify ALL women just as i didn't specifiy SOME women. You chose to make that leap. if you wanted to argue over the omission of a simple word you got our wish.
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    Sorry if that's your experience, but both genders are perfectly capable of being ****ty people.
    Apparently her husband didn't have much of a code either if he was willing to sleep with both of them while still dating his girlfriend. Both men and women want what they can't have and both are capable of going after it, damn the circumstances.
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    From my experience, and observation, I actually found the total opposite to be true lol!! But yes, both sexes seem to be like that. And evolution... there's no such thing:) no ones ever witnessed it. That word is used for things it shouldn't be used for lol
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I can say, unequivocally, that I find a man less attractive when I learn he's taken. And even LESS attractive if he seems to flirt with me while dating or married to someone else. Makes him have "douche" written all over him in my eyes. So even if I was the sort of woman to "go after" a taken man, I'd be done in by my disgust if he reciprocated.

I can also say I've never known any of my female acquaintances to do this sort of thing. If he's taken, he's taken and that's that.

Maybe you need to get to know some classier women?
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hm, it's interesting that you've observed it more from women than from men, because I've observed it more from men than from women. I suppose we've encountered different samples of people :)

I always get the guy with a girlfriend that tries to hit on me.. That doesn't make any sense, because if he's being a crappy boyfriend to the girl that he has now, he's going to be a crappy boyfriend to me too, so I don't want him. I don't see how they don't think about this first..

I think that with women, it's more of a flirting thing. I feel like most women that I've encountered like to flirt, just because a woman can always get a man, but a man can't always get a woman. It feels nice to feel like you have the upper hand, I suppose.
    At least that's how it makes sense in my brain.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN, OP! It makes no sense to me, but I have witnessed it too many times. I have actually overheard women talking about how seeing a wedding ring is a turn on because it means the man will commit... UM, he already committed! And it wasn't to you! There are plenty of marriage-minded men out there, you just have to know where to look and leave the already married/committed men alone. It blows my mind.

I also know a women who has openly slept with/fooled around with men she knew were married or had girlfriends. To me, it makes no sense. That would automatically make my blood boil he was even interested in me. Girls/women need to learn to respect each other, and that means staying away from the married/committed guys. (If said married man is willing to cheat, shame on him too!)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I've never considered going after someone who was married or otherwise taken, and I think it's trashy and desperate when women do that. Same goes for men going after married women or attached women. Trashy.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN, OP! It makes no sense to me, but I have witnessed it too many times. I have actually overheard women talking about how seeing a wedding ring is a turn on because it means the man will commit... UM, he already committed! And it wasn't to you! There are plenty of marriage-minded men out there, you just have to know where to look and leave the already married/committed men alone. It blows my mind.

I also know a women who has openly slept with/fooled around with men she knew were married or had girlfriends. To me, it makes no sense. That would automatically make my blood boil he was even interested in me. Girls/women need to learn to respect each other, and that means staying away from the married/committed guys. (If said married man is willing to cheat, shame on him too!)

Thank you!! It's really sad that some women can be so hurtful and backstabbing. Makes me highly upset.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    When a man is with a woman, it shows he is willing to commit, and that is he a good catch. It makes him more attractive. I have thought guys in relationships were hot, but I would never go after them. I liked a guy one time and he ended up getting a girlfriend and I was still crushing on him during that time.

Yes, it is not the best intention on part of the woman but the man needs to be strong and not flirt back.
    because women in general (not all but A LOT ) are a bunch of backstabing dirty over competive hookers

i also agree with this. especially the "overcompetitive" part. How many women have you heard say "I hate women/girls/females." Or "i don't have female friends."

Why do you think that's the case?

I hate to say it but women that say they don't have female friends usually end up having a reason for it. I knew a girl who said this and for a while I didn't understand and then I realized why - she is very brash with other girls, says things when she should probably keep her mouth shut, etc. I'm no longer friends with her.

This explains it well: http://dating.sfgate.com/date-report/2457-red-flag-alert-beware-the-woman-with-no-female-friends/#
  • PJ901
    PJ901 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think it's more of a confidence thing. Guys (or girls for that matter) are more confident when they're in a relationship. Plus they aren't worrying about getting that next date, they got one. The opposite sex finds that confidence attractive. That's how I see it anyway.

18499363.png
  • imbanter
    imbanter Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Seriously!!! Some women see it as a challenge to be able to get guys that have girlfriends. These are the type of women that add the "B" in "itch"!!

MANY women also go after the man who has a WIFE and FAMILY - I call it lack of Morals :(

You need to quit judging! And I need to start wearing my wedding ring.