How long did take you to lose 30 pounds

Options

Replies

• nichole325
    nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am on my journey to ONEderland and haven't seen a loss in about a month. I'm crossing my fingers that I see one tomorrow....

I will say one thing...I HAVE changed my eating and I weigh everything (or try to) and I also hit the gym 6 days a week. However, I do not deprive myself. I live with my boyfriend who can eat anything and everything so we still get pizza, we still eat pasta, we still go to restaurants, we still have an occasional drink, I am just trying to make healthier choices.

So the weight is coming off veryyyyy slowly...but I want to make this a realistic weight loss. I seen no point in completely depriving myself of the things I love for the weight to come off, because when I start eating those things again it will come right back, which I DONT want.

Good luck!
  • healthybodyhealthymind
    Options
    3 and a half months. Only a pound a way :)
  • TasTam
    TasTam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It took me about 4 months to lose 27 lbs and that's with a plateau of 15 days when I didn't lose anything. I cranked up my calories about 250-300 a day and started losing again. So it was averaging about 1.5 lbs a week.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I'm only on 13.5lb so far (8 weeks), but I shall report back when I get there ;)
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal of 30 pounds lost today :happy: ! Im here since january 11th so just under 4 months.
  • kellicrandall
    Options
    It took me 4 1/2 months. I stick to 1200 calories a day and try my best to get on the elliptical and do arm weights daily. Lately I have not been so dedicated but not gaining anything. Good luck. You can do it! If you have a bad day or a bad week, just get back to it and don't think you should give up because you blew it once or twice. Just keep trying!
  • kalyy
    kalyy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It took me 4 months to lose 23 lbs. I still have between 35 and 43 lbs left, hopefully by February '13 lol :D
    I just started using mfp last week eating around 1630 calories and lost 1.5lbs, I weighted half lb less this morning but I only count Friday's weight in.

Good luck!
  • ines25
    ines25 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 30lbs too I started January 16 the first to weeks lost 3lbs than I started gaining it back in feb I was running a lot and nothing at the first week of march I lost 4lbs and after that my weight stared to drop so will see this month what will happe I'll recommend u not to weight ur self the first 6 -8 weeks cause if ur are working out u gonna gain muscle and them it will start the weight loss so don't worry about time every body is different but if u r near the 200lb those 30 pounds will come of faster
  • SoBodyMazing
    SoBodyMazing Posts: 159
    Options
    It took me 6 months...
  • laurels12
    laurels12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I logged a 30lb loss this week and have just hit the 110 day mark. On the cusp of one-derland! Can't wait!!

You'll get there before you know it!! :happy:

Lxx
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    It took me about 3 months to lose 30lbs. I used Atkins to help jump start my weight loss. It was wonderful.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    About 6 months. Good luck :)
  • Carrmaduke
    Carrmaduke Posts: 42
    Options
    6 weeks.
  • lyssaloo
    lyssaloo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    30 pounds took me nearly 4 months
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    It took me 5 months, but I only wanted to lose 40 total and I took it the slow-and-steady route of following MFP recommendations and eating back my exercise calories. People who have a lot more weight to lose can lose the same number of pounds more quickly. :-)
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    It took me about 6 months or so. Ilost 10 pounds before starting on MFP. As much as I wish it would have come off faster, slow and steady wins the race.
  • hrcowman
    hrcowman Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It took me a little over 4 months.
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Took me 3 months to lose 33 lbs. Hit that mile marker last Friday. I just watch my calories, and try not to indulge in "bad" things, drink lots of water, and exercise. You can do this!!!
  • gellolicious
    Options
    If I hit it this week, it will have taken me a week shy of 6 months. This has been a slow and steady process where I've just been learning to eat and live like a thin person. I haven't cut anything out of my diet. I have days where I don't count calories and just eat what I want (tailgating, holidays, date night) but I try and adjust for it elsewhere throughout the week.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    It took me about 6 months or so. Ilost 10 pounds before starting on MFP. As much as I wish it would have come off faster, slow and steady wins the race.

This!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!