Belly Button Rings--Trashy or Cute?

Options

Replies

• riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Kinda trashy :-(. Still love them though. :-)
  • makdeniz
    makdeniz Posts: 28
    Options
    Painful!
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize belly rings were still such a big deal .... soooo 90's when belly shirts were the thing.

Just to age myself, I had mine pierced in the Mall in 1993!
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Give your body time to heal (several months) before you get into any water at all..saltwater, lakewater or a swimming pool. If you have it done go to a clean and sterile place and talk to them about how to care for it... If you are going to the beach really soon wait until after....you don't want to risk an infection. When you first have it pierced it is like an open wound until it heals....about 6 months....i have 4 piercings below the neck...would not even risk infection by not giving them time to heal properly.
    San :)
  • mikewpg1ca
    mikewpg1ca Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Each to their own, but in the majority of cases if I had to pick trashy or cute, I'd go with trashy.
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Had mine done at 17 - I'm now 28. I still love it and plan to keep it for a while. I've gone through two pregnancies with it and had no problems. It did take some time to heal at first - by far the worst piercing I've had in terms of how long it took to heal. And I agree that while salt water may be a great idea, ocean water - not so much. You need to keep that baby clean clean clean.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Does the opinion of others matter that much =) If you like it, get it done and to hell with the haters! Mind you, you're braver than me; I'd rather just get more tattoos than dabble in the world of piercings.

haha thats interesting I am of the exact opposite mind on that, Tattoos are so much more permanent that I consider piercings to be more of something to dabble in, you don't like it you take it out. Can't do that with tattoos. But I am with you on the "if you like it get it" it's your body do what you like!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    To me...neither. I think they are kind of pointless.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    i say each to their own! We are all individuals and do what feels right for us. My daughter got her's done in high school but she no longer wears it since she's a Mommy now and will be 33 tomorrow.
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I don't like them!
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have 2 one on top and one on the bottom, i think it looks good if u have a flat stomach.
  • txbabe20032000
    Options
    They're definitely cute! I've had mine done since I was 14 ( I was A LOT thinner!) and I REFUSE to take it out because it is part of my motivation! I want to show it off again!!!! :)
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Meh - I've had mine for 15ish years...I'm 45 now and I *still* like it! :drinker:
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I love them and now that I am a smaller size want one, but SO thinks they are trashy so will not be getting one :)
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Cute. I had it before I had all my kids and gained all this weight. It is closed now but I plan to get it pierced again after I get to my goal weight.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    they re cute .
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    sneetches4-2bxxd4z.jpg
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I have mine done but as I'm not in belly-showing shape, my bf is the only one who sees it.

It's more memorable than anything. My mom took me, my cousin by marriage, and a friend to a shop in Florida to get them done. She was drunk and lied to a notary about her relation to us. Told the notary she was the legal gaurdian of 3 very different looking girls the same age... We were 14 and 15 years old. :laugh:
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I'm way older than most posters here. With the belly I have now..no way would I do it.

But when I am at goal weight...if I can tighten and tone enough......I am going to have my navel pierced!

To each his own!
  • wilkerson
    wilkerson Posts: 26
    Options
    i think cute, i got mine done at the beach 11 yrs ago, and im diabetic and have a hard time healing, but mine did great, the salt water seamed to help.