Am I Too Fat to Be Here?

Options

Replies

• o2co2
    o2co2 Posts: 8
    Options
    So I'm guessing that the last time you went to the doctor you asked him, "am I too sick to be treated?"

Dear, wonderful woman, do you realize that you have just decided to be your own best friend?

Nobody, I mean NOBODY needs you to be well more than you do. You are the standard that your children will follow into adulthood. Becoming self-aware without self-hating is the first step to bettering your own and your kids lives. Love you, love being you.

No, you can't change your past but your future starts now and will get better day by day. Look through the posts and see some of the walking miracles who have been where you are today and have reclaimed their lives, one bite at a time.

You are EXACTLY why this site was created, to help people take a responsible and healthy approach to weight management.

The Doctor would tell you, "you've come to the right place!"
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as "too fat to be here." You belong here, if you want to be here, and commit to a healthy lifestyle. I weighed 324 in January, and have lost 33 lbs so far. Maybe just start off walking. That would be a good start toward exercising. You don't have to walk far or fast, as long as you are counting your calories, tracking them, and eating enough. You will build up endurance over time. Welcome to MFP. There are really a lot of nice people here. I am going to send you a friend request, and if you choose to accept or not, it will be okay. I, too, delete people who don't log for long periods of time, without notice, or who eat too little on a consistent basis.
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    No one is! Welcome..
    Just take one day at a time - some are good some not so good..just share when you need to..
    Add me too .
    Jan
  • MsMarie213
    MsMarie213 Posts: 21
    Options
    Welcome Im Pretty New Here Myself And Just From Reading A Few Community Posts I Can Tell Most People Here Are Very Supportive And Friendly. Theres No Such Thing Of Being To Fat We All Are Here For The Same Thing To Lose Weight And Get Healthy. ツ Welcome Again. Ill Send You A Request And We Can Keep An Eye On Eachother During Our Weightloss Journey
  • Charlayray
    Charlayray Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You are not too fat! This site is truly amazing because it motivates you to keep going. I will not lie, it gets hard sometimes, but when you see everyone else reaching their goals and such, you tend to just say - wow. If they can do it, so can I.

Good luck on your journey to becoming healthy :)
  • VanGroovyBear
    Options
    It's as good a place as any to be!!! Getting in shape and losing weight knows no prejudice! That first big step is reaching out...and you are well on your way! This site is great. I am new to it as well, but immediately found support and encouragement.

Wishing you the best of luck and please feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Hiya :) and welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are not too fat......this site is wonderful as well as encouraging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feel free to add me :) and welcome and good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jennin2010
    jennin2010 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi Maria,
    My name is Jennifer, I live in Winnipeg, Manaitoba Canada. You are not to fat to be here. Good for you that you are. I am really struggling with my weight this time and I too could use some support too. I've been on here for about 6 months trying track what I'm doing.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Definitely not too fat to be on here!!!!! If anything, this place is for perfect for people looking for weight loss!
  • FretheMJsmokingcannibal
    Options
    I was nearly 200 pounds (198 lbs) when I came here. I've lost 15 pounds so far.
    Your not too big to be here. We're all in this together and we're all here to support and advise one another in the best possible way.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    You have landed on the right spot ... baby steps will take you a long way... do what you are able to do pushing just a lil each day - don't try to cut too much out or introduce too much in... we are here to support you...

I myself have never been high in the numbers of weight but I can tell you that I admire your steps towards a healthy you :)
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    PLEASE BE NICE TO YOURSELF!

I am happy to see you here. Be encouraged and don't give up. I am the girl in purple. Believe it or not I used to be your size back in 1998 with the exception of a few pounds. Walking everyday got me to where I am now. You can do it too. I am currently 196 pounds. My goal is to lose about 60-80 lbs because as you can see I have had a hard time standing up straight because of my large backside. If this will help you to get motivated. I knew nothing about getting inshape before now. I was in shape before my first child weighing in at 135 by the time I gave birth, well just add 100 pounds to that and so on. I joined because I was like yourself, tired of being tired, sick of not sleeping well and most of all not having the energy to play with my kids. So I made the change on March 17th 2012 I go to the gym every stinking day, when I'm not at the gym, I jump rope at home with my daughter and dance vigorously as well for about an hour each day.

Okay, Now I have to tell you the truth. You are large so the first 50-100 lbs can come off real easy if you change up your eating, drink a boatload of water and walk every stinking day, I don't care if you don't want to, you must tell yourself like I do that you have too. This is what I did 100 lbs ago. Next, watch shows like the biggest loser and I used to be fat. This should motivate you. It motivates me and I will set the DVR so I don't miss an episode. I am so inspired, that I copy what I see the trainers teaching the contestants so it will help me at home. I am very long winded so I will let you go now. Remember, you can and will do it. look at my pics of my back. This change happened even when I did not see the scale move over 3-4 weeks alone.

Every day you make yourself eat right and get some sort of exercise at least 1 hour you will feel gook and you can be assured that you are putting a dent in your weight loss. The trainer at my gym told me 3 days a week 30 min each day. Honestly for larger people like us 5 days 1hour is not going to hurt but help. Trust me and good luck.
  • JessMoTX
    JessMoTX Posts: 74
    Options
    You've taken the first step in making a healthier you for yourself and your children. Feel free to add me. I'm always looking for more friends to cheer on, help keep me motivated and keep them motivated.

Jess
  • bhug918
    bhug918 Posts: 23
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on your weight loss journey. You are in the right place with a bunch of great people.
  • jettyib1
    jettyib1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Being too fat for anything is not the case., You just feel free to vent, talk, whatever. We are right here with you.
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    wow you inspire me!
  • Betsiz17
    Betsiz17 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Maria,

So happy to see you here. As everyone before me has already said, welcome. You are in the right place. You belong here and we all are taking this journey together. I agree wholeheartedly with the advice - baby steps one step at a time. If you try to do everything at once, you will get discouraged and lose momentum, so think about 1 or 2 things you can change each week to improve your overall health. Drink one more glass of water, eat one more fruit or veggie, park one more parking space away, etc. You can do it. Please add me if you'd like another friend.

Betsi
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    You are just right to be here! Don't be so hard on yourself. Today is a day of new beginnings and the past is behind you. Start small and build your way up. Just little things. Try to stay within your calories by making small changes like leaving cheese off a sandwich or eating a little smaller portion of something you like. Move a little more every day. Don't worry you can't walk a mile or do a pushup. Just do a few extra steps every day. Take it slow and easy. It may take time, but I guarantee you you'll get there.
  • jodyw83
    jodyw83 Posts: 38
    Options
    You should definitely be here Maria! It's awesome that you are ready to start this journey and better your life so you can spend more time with your kids and enjoy things more! You don't have to start with exercise, just look at what you eat and how much. Simply cutting calories can really pull off the pounds! It will be a long journey, but you can do it. Since you are so overweight I would definitely talk to your doctor before you start any weight loss program, but if you need anything this community is really awesome and full of support! Good luck Maria!
  • keaani34
    keaani34 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey Maria,
    Welcome! feel free to add me as a friend.