Am I Too Fat to Be Here?

Options

Replies

• ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not!!, but get too thin and there might be problems... jk :)
  • mustangbryce
    Options
    A lot of good advice - stay with it, this is a great resource to track your calories and macronutrients. This tool will make the biggest impact
  • Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Of course you can be here, this is where you want to be! It's a great site, people are very motivational and non judgmental! Most people are here to lose weight like you, wether its 10, 50,100,200 or more pounds. There are many people that have lost ALOT of weight, read the success stories that will get you motivated, and remember to take pics and measurements for yourself now so you can see how far you come. Good luck, and add me as a friend if you want. :flowerforyou:
  • nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    No such thing as being TOO fat to be on here. We're all here for the same thing! to get in shape!! :D so welcome! the road to fitness is a bit hard at times but it's worth it! :D
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Well first off there is no Too Fat to Be here, that's just rubbish. I was pretty close to 4 bills when I started too, I was 376.4, that .4 made a huge difference. Good Luck on your journey.
  • MisMissey
    MisMissey Posts: 10
    Options
    Maria, I started at MFP at 430lbs. 4-3-0! That was October 1 of last year, and right this second I am sitting on the couch, covered in sweat from a killer workout that I hope will help get me into the 200's by next week. I'm only 7 lbs away from 299. Many people would look at that and think, wow, she's still 300lbs, but guess what, I'm not 430 anymore and I'm proud of it! I lost my first 100 lbs in 5 months and since then it's been MUCH harder. I feel that since I still have so far to go it should come off easy, but it's not easy. I get discouraged, so very discouraged and coming to MFP is often how I work thru that disappointment. People here are amazing and inspirational and motivational. I rarely post, I'm very much a lurker, but I was compelled to post this to you to let you know that you CAN do it. You're worth it Maria.
  • prettylyzard
    prettylyzard Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me! I have a ton of weight to lose too! In fact, double myself, ugh! By the way, have you ever tried water walking? I don't know if you have access to a pool, but walking "laps" in the pool back and fourth is a great way to start. It helps support your weight, but you get the cardio and resistance, and can push yourself harder than if starting out on land. You can also move your arms in the water to get them some resistance training as well, of just help build up your shoulder strength! Good luck, we're all here together!
  • jmach002
    jmach002 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    you are totally in the right place! the first step to getting healthy i realizing you need too! would love to be part of your support system!
  • Fourmenandalady28
    Options
    No, you are not. We all had to start from somewhere and you are in the right place at the right time if you ask me. :) Remember this is a process not an overnight thing and you will be just fine. Find some loving supportive pals and that won't be hard at all on this site. Good luck to you!!
  • katrina1501
    katrina1501 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well first off there is no Too Fat to Be here, that's just rubbish. I was pretty close to 4 bills when I started too, I was 376.4, that .4 made a huge difference. Good Luck on your journey.

well done on the loss

and too fat NO we are all here to support each other with our weight issues and i wish you every success, you are also welcome to add me if you like - good luck xx
  • aminahzjohnson
    aminahzjohnson Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    No, "you are not too fat to be here". This is the place to be! Everyone on here has been so supportive and that helps when you have someone on your side. You can definitely add me as a friend :)
  • steflbrown
    steflbrown Posts: 168
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step toward a healthier lifestyle! The first thing is to realize you need to make a change, and here you are! At my highest weight I was over 300 and in 4 short months of really trying, I have lost nearly 40lbs. Make small goals and allow small rewards for those goals. You can do this! Feel free to add me as a friend. I love to be a cheering squad for others as they have been for me!!!
  • laken87
    laken87 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    there is no such thing as being too fat to be here. first of all,you are making the right choice by joining. second of all,BABY STEPS!!! if you are striving to walk/workout,for example,for 15 minutes a day,but one large 15 minute session is too painful;break it down. three 5 minute sessions is better than nothing. third of all,you have more support on this website than you even know.

congrats on your first baby step of joining and improving your lifestyle.
  • lindasknight
    lindasknight Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you Maria:) I just joined mfp a few days ago and the people here are awesome and very supportive. I have well over a 100 pounds to lose and I know I can lose it and so can you:) I am gonna send you an add request! Congrats on joining, I know you will be an inspiration to many.
    Sincerely,
    Linda
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    the thing is... your weight is a number... it is NOT who or what you are... it's just a location in your journey right now, your starting point, to a healthier you.. that's all... try to not let it define you hun, though easier said than done, i know.

You are now in the right place though, and heading in the right direction, taking control of that which you CAN control, you!
    *S*

welcome aboard!
  • don666car
    don666car Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    your not alone ever think about gastric bypass? be strong this web site lots of support be friend me if care to best wishes
  • erin1276
    erin1276 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And you can talk to me anytime! We all have different amounts to lose- you will do it and you will have plenty of wonderful people there for you along the way! Hang in there!! Feel free to add me.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    No such thing as long as you're trying.
  • BoiNeezy
    BoiNeezy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    No ur not 2 fat 2 be here 1st of all let's get a more positive attitude bcuz ur better then that negative thinking feel free to add me remember u can do this dnt be so hard on urself let's deal with this issue head on
  • cristaine
    cristaine Posts: 87
    Options
    This site is a wealth of both wonderful tools and wonderful people fighting that same fight that you and I are fighting right now, to reclaim our bodies and our health.

One thing I do want to say though, is NEVER look down on yourself for your weight. I consider my weight to simply be the proof of all my YESTERDAY's choices and circumstances, not my TODAY and it certainly will not be part of my self-definition in my tomorrow's either.

From what I have seen on this site, everyone is helpful and supportive.

Those small victories each day are what will add up to big success overall for all of us. We can't let our struggles determine our success any more than we want a number on our scale to define who we are. I hope you find success here. Smile and be your beautiful self.

We can do this, we are all in it together :)