Ladies why must you wear stinky perfume to the gym?

Options

Replies

• RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Yes it is horrible working out next to strong smelling perfume or cologne
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    no make up or perfume here.
    I can't stand the women that come in with a full face of make up and perfume. Are you sure you are here to work out or to get fcked?

But people come from other places! I have makeup on when I start my workout, and a flesh colored towel when I'm finished. It's pretty nasty, but it really shouldn't offend others...
    Exactly! Even if you did put on make up just to go to the gym, that's your business! Silly? Maybe. Offensive? No.

I never said I was offended by it, just said i thought it was dumb.

I'll tell you what's dumb- Occasionally I'll have eyeliner or eyeshadow that's not waterproof (it's an accident when it happens) but I don't realize it, and at the end of my workout I look like a certifiable crack *kitten*.

Edit: because of the PC rules of this site, I mean no offense to crack *kitten* who would obviously never be caught deat at the gym.
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the women that come in with a full face of make up and perfume. Are you sure you are here to work out or to get fcked?

But people come from other places! I have makeup on when I start my workout, and a flesh colored towel when I'm finished. It's pretty nasty, but it really shouldn't offend others...
    Exactly! Even if you did put on make up just to go to the gym, that's your business! Silly? Maybe. Offensive? No.

No, you said "I can't stand the women that come in with a full face of make up and perfume. Are you sure you are here to work out or to get fcked?" Which is rude and judgmental.

well I guess I'm rude and judgmental then. boohoo.
    I should have worded it a little differently for the cry babies. obviously i can stand then...since I deal with them, but it's silly and stupid. period.
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    But what if I'm going to the gym right after work or something? I will worry about washing the rest of it off when I get home...,If my makeup offends or distracts anyone then that's their problem...not mine. Now I understand the perfume thing....I'm a fan of body spray because it's a lighter scent (mine is anyways).
    Options

I'll tell you what's dumb- Occasionally I'll have eyeliner or eyeshadow that's not waterproof (it's an accident when it happens) but I don't realize it, and at the end of my workout I look like a certifiable crack *kitten*.
    LMAO! my point exactly. I understand some women come from work or else where, but the area I live at these women cake the make up on before going into the gym. it's silly.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hell I was wondering the same thing about the boys soaking themselves in Polo Sport and Drakar. (or is it to k's) either way, lay off).
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options

No, you said "I can't stand the women that come in with a full face of make up and perfume. Are you sure you are here to work out or to get fcked?" Which is rude and judgmental.

I should have worded it a little differently for the cry babies. obviously i can stand then...since I deal with them, but it's silly and stupid. period.
    Don't care what you think about me and don't care that you're rude, that's your own problem. I'll go on not being bothered by things that don't actually effect me at all when I work out and you can go on your way.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Maybe they are trying to hide any Chicken of the Sea odor? I'd rather smell perfume while working out than something fresh from a fish hatchery. Just sayin'.
    Options

Don't care what you think about me and don't care that you're rude, that's your own problem. I'll go on not being bothered by things that don't actually effect me at all when I work out and you can go on your way.

Obviously a part of you does care or you wouldn't have been bothered enough to even write back to me. geez no reason to get your panties in a wad.
  • addict3
    addict3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I wish I didn't have to put that I was kidding, but with some people on here, ya never know. *sigh*

I totally wear deo...and at least run my fingers through my hair before I put it up.

LMAO! Yep, kinda sad huh?
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    don't look at me! perfume would make me ill while working out.
  • trinitylyons01
    trinitylyons01 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I completely understand the point and feel that no one - women or men - should apply strong scents before going to work out. That being said, some people put on perfume/cologne in the morning when going to work and then go to workout right after work. That makes it kind of hard to go to the gym and not have it on. Also, there is a difference between spraying on perfume and bathing in it. (This also goes for cologne, men!) Furthermore, there is a difference in quality perfume/colognes and cheap stuff that is overwhelming and doesn't smell so nice. My point is if you are heading straight to the gym from work and you put on perfume in the morning maybe it's a good idea not to put on as much, avoid the cheap stuff or use a milder scent. If you're going straight to the gym from the house it is NOT necessary to apply any type of scent OTHER than deodorant!

As for women who wear makeup to the gym that is - or at least should be - a personal and individual choice and no one else's business. If you don't like it don't wear it but don't criticize others for their right to choose. People wear makeup for many different reasons. Some because they have low self-esteem, others because they want to cover scars or problem skin, some because they just like to have it on and still others because other than during their sleeping hours they literally wear makeup all the time. Whatever the reason, It is just a preference and people really shouldn't be judged on that. Sometimes I think we - the human race - is really not tolerant of things that simply don't concern us. It's kind of sad.

Strong scents? Now THAT can definitely be bothersome!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    What's worse? The perfume/cologne or B.O.? You have to pick one or the other, no waffling "they probably don't really have bad B.O." answers
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    What's worse? The perfume/cologne or B.O.? You have to pick one or the other, no waffling "they probably don't really have bad B.O." answers
    B.O is worse to me. :sick:
  • poncito
    poncito Posts: 19
    Options
    Its also men.. .with their cheap and smelly perfumes! ughhhh!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I don't wear perfume, I wear lotion that has a nice light scent . Perfume and cologne choke me .
  • agentscully514
    Options
    But what if I'm going to the gym right after work or something? I will worry about washing the rest of it off when I get home...,If my makeup offends or distracts anyone then that's their problem...not mine. Now I understand the perfume thing....I'm a fan of body spray because it's a lighter scent (mine is anyways).

exactly! and honestly, who cares if another woman wears makeup to the gym? even if she put it on specifically for the gym. Do whatever makes your comfortable. It doesn't affect me at all!
  • agentscully514
    Options

bad BO is worse to me.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options

Obviously a part of you does care or you wouldn't have been bothered enough to even write back to me. geez no reason to get your panties in a wad.
    Honestly, it's annoying that you practically implied that any woman that wears make up to the gym is a slut who's only there to find someone to sleep with her. I am bothered by your attitude that's unfortunately shared by too many people.
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I don't wear scents to the gym because I'm not at the gym to pickup guys, I'm there to work out!!