• acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    'I wasnt going to say but.... you looked very bloated'

NICE
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    Don't get rid of your too big clothes, I'm sure you'll need them again (Thanks for the vote of confidence Mom)

Why bother, you'll gain it all back plus some. Dieting doesn't work. (It's called a lifestyle change actually)

Your grandma made all your favorites, her feelings are going to be hurt if you don't have some (Of each apparently... 3 kinds of pie, homemade donuts and chocolate cake)

I don't know what you're talking about, chicken is a diet food (not when it's deep fried chicken wings floating in honey garlic)

LOL I love that last one... yeah, cheese is great protein too but when it's smothering something and covered in sauce - guess what! Not good anymore!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Why? Your not that big! After showing some progress "don't lose no more! You dont want to get too skinny. Background, started at 209 currently at 160.

^Yes! And I should add that I started at 230, and was hearing that by the time I hit 215!! Down to 200 now and everyone is telling me to stop. Uh, no. I am still overweight. Even if I lose another 30 lbs (my goal) I still won't be at a "healthy weight" for my height.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    "You're not fat, you're pleasantly plump." - Being fat is nowhere NEAR being pleasant. I can't fit clothes and I can't jump up and down without feeling like a herd of elephants.

"You weigh that much? You must be solid because you surely don't look it." - I THINK it may have been a compliment? But it's such a tease. :(
  • LilGiselle21
    LilGiselle21 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    "Your not fat."
    "You don't need to exercise"

I'm 5'0 and 250lbs at my heaviest always have been doesn't mean I'm happy that way doesn't mean it's healthy.
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Another was a family member saw me make green tea

"you know that doesnt work"

huh?

what the mircowave?
  • gpmominoh
    gpmominoh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My dad said.. Good because your *kitten* is getting kinda big. Made me laugh at the time.
  • MrsAlcalde
    MrsAlcalde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hubby asks: "What's wrong"

Seriously dude, I'm hungry, I'd love to rip that damn white chocolate dipped vanilla ice cream pop right outta your hands, instead, I get to nibble on 1/4 cup of unsweetned, organic granola for a snack.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    "You're counting calories? Be careful you don't become anorexic!"

Sigh, just because my step sister was in high school, doesn't mean I will. And counting calories helps you know where you are, sheesh.

"You're becoming obsessive!"

Um, just wanted to know how much of this Uncle Ben's microwave rice I'm going to serve myself... hence checking the calories.
  • delikium
    delikium Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    From my (in shape) husband via email: My coworker's kid is selling cookie dough - do we want any?
    Me: *I* don't want any, but I know you and the kids would like it...it's up to you, assuming you're paying for it.

End result: He ordered SIX TUBS OF COOKIE DOUGH.

*facepalm*

whaaahaha men are BIG kids sometimes, if you give them a choice....
  • emstaley4
    emstaley4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You don't look fat to me....look at that woman/man now that's fat. And from my mother, "How much more weight do you plan on losing? because you're getting awfully thin and you don't look so good" Thanks mom way to be supportive.
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    "you don't need to watch what you eat, look at you!"

****** I look this way BECAUSE I watch what I eat
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    My dad said.. Good because your *kitten* is getting kinda big. Made me laugh at the time.

Not nice, but at least he's supportive?:flowerforyou:
  • FrostyFour
    Options
    Here, let me tell you how to be healthy. I walk 1/4 mile a day, eat right, take my vitamins and I'm healthy as a horse.

(My MIL, when she comes home from work she opens up a giant bag of reeses/snickers/kit kats/candied peanuts/3 musketeers and eats the whole thing before she goes to sleep)
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    "You must be starving all the time" - Um, no... I eat a whole, whole lot. Not starving.

"I'd never be able to eat all those vegetables. That's gross" - Yep, to someone who treats their body like crap, it seems gross. It is not.

"I was sure that you only weighed like 180 lbs. and never really needed to diet" - BULL! I was over 300 lbs. You didn't think that or you are blind.
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My favourite is when my size 00 friend says "you're not fat! You're curvy!"

No, I jiggle. I've overweight. It's not "curves" when you have to dig half your hand in to find muscle.
  • FrostyFour
    Options
    "you don't need to watch what you eat, look at you!"

****** I look this way BECAUSE I watch what I eat

THIS!!!! "After you lose the weight then you can eat my cooking again!"
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Don't get rid of your too big clothes, I'm sure you'll need them again (Thanks for the vote of confidence Mom)

Why bother, you'll gain it all back plus some. Dieting doesn't work. (It's called a lifestyle change actually)

Your grandma made all your favorites, her feelings are going to be hurt if you don't have some (Of each apparently... 3 kinds of pie, homemade donuts and chocolate cake)

I don't know what you're talking about, chicken is a diet food (not when it's deep fried chicken wings floating in honey garlic)

Wow, really? I donate my clothes as soon as they get too big so I stay motivated to make sure I don't need them ever again. :)

I love the last one. Chicken is wonderful for you, just not fried. You can fry anything and ruin its healthiness (fried green beans? What's the point?). XD
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    "Better be careful." I hate this line.. I mean, seriously... how can I be careless in losing fat when it comes to my health. It's offending to me because I did my research for eating healthy and exercise, and even planned it all out nicely! No excess of dieting or starving, and no excess or little exercises.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    You lose any more weight and you'll be invisible. (Yeah right, I'm 185lbs right now!! at 5'3")