Stupid things people say when they hear you're dieting

Options

Replies

• FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    Don't get rid of your too big clothes, I'm sure you'll need them again (Thanks for the vote of confidence Mom)

Why bother, you'll gain it all back plus some. Dieting doesn't work. (It's called a lifestyle change actually)

Your grandma made all your favorites, her feelings are going to be hurt if you don't have some (Of each apparently... 3 kinds of pie, homemade donuts and chocolate cake)

I don't know what you're talking about, chicken is a diet food (not when it's deep fried chicken wings floating in honey garlic)

Wow, really? I donate my clothes as soon as they get too big so I stay motivated to make sure I don't need them ever again. :)

I love the last one. Chicken is wonderful for you, just not fried. You can fry anything and ruin its healthiness (fried green beans? What's the point?). XD

Last night my son pooped all over my maternity pants and I said "You know what, just throw them away, they don't fit me anymore anyway!"
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    "you don't need to watch what you eat, look at you!"

****** I look this way BECAUSE I watch what I eat

THIS!!!! "After you lose the weight then you can eat my cooking again!"

Yeah, then my *kitten* would bloat back up to where it was before and I'd have to work it off again. No thanks! Lol.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Or the ever present "have you tried the kiwi and cumquat diet? It says you can lose that 20 pounds in .000034 nanoseconds and it's only $129.95 a week!"
  • jrreed1
    jrreed1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Is XXXX sick? She looks so skinny.

A friend and I are working out at the same gym and she looks luminous, amazing, and FIT! She has these wonderful cheekbones showing and people think she is way too skinny.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Wow, really? I donate my clothes as soon as they get too big so I stay motivated to make sure I don't need them ever again. :)

I love the last one. Chicken is wonderful for you, just not fried. You can fry anything and ruin its healthiness (fried green beans? What's the point?). XD

Last night my son pooped all over my maternity pants and I said "You know what, just throw them away, they don't fit me anymore anyway!"

LOL! Good for you. Making a positive out of a messy situation, I suppose. XD
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    Or the ever present "have you tried the kiwi and cumquat diet? It says you can lose that 20 pounds in .000034 nanoseconds and it's only $129.95 a week!"

I was thinking of trying that! My Wish It Off Workout would go great with that!
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    <
    upon showing this picture to my friend last week . . . "wow, what do you want to look like that for?"
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    "You are thin already, you don't need to diet."

"Come on, one brownie isn't going to hurt."

"Well, if you aren't eating it I'll feel guilty if I do."

"You've lost so much weight, what's your magically cure?" And then you tell them watching what goes in your pie hole and getting off your *kitten* and they look at you funny...
  • kdkeys14
    kdkeys14 Posts: 16
    Options
    1.Are you serious?
    2. So you cant eat good food anymore?
    3. Good Job, I guess but I am not going to starve myself just to be skinny.
    4. I'd rather just be fat and be comfortable with who I am instead of trying to change my self.
    5. It's going to take forever for you to loose that weight.
    6. you eat your diet food and I will eat my burger in your face until you give up.
  • irishcanadianwoman
    Options
    Sounds like your 'friends' don't want things to change. Maybe you are heavier than they are so they feel OK. If you change and get healthier it redefines them! Good luck. Be healthy and fit!
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    SCENE: Me eating ONE chocolate chip cookie

Hater says...."See, youw ere doing so well. Now you are sliding off."

Seriously?!?! You think this is what will break the bank?

Dude, I workout 6 days a week, burn over 7000 calories in a week , and I can have a cheat DAY and the scale still shift downwards.

-eats 2 cookies- Don't be mad because you can't eat cookies and maintain the sexy! =]

5499814.png
  • bubbles1212
    bubbles1212 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    "Should you really be eating that??"
    "I don't need to eat like you, I don't need to lose weight!!" ... from the hubs and the kids..
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    "you look healthy at this weight"..sure to you, im used to being 30lb lighter and my bmi isnt normal at this weight!
    "oh you probably cant eat out because your on that crazy diet'-ah im eating healthy , how is that crazy?
    "you'll never be a size 6 again " - watch me mother-in-law and ill will look better than before!
    "you just had a baby thats why your that size" =- baby or not weight is no excuse
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    " Well as long as your husbands happy with how you look now"
    Like he would be unhappy with a fit wife.

"Don't get all muscular, that isn't sexy on women"

Both from my mom. I had a talking to her about the muscle comment.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    From a lady at work: "Are you going into bodybuilding?" When she saw a copy of NROLFW on my desk.

No, ma'am I just want to lift weights instead of doing cardio.

And when I asked her about a seafood restaurant when I wanted some crawfish " you can eat crawfish on your diet???"

Um yes, sorry to break it to you but Alot of yummy foods are good for you!!
  • AloveYourself
    Options
    you are not fat.... you are "fit fat" because your bigger, but your active...
    i have lost 25 lbs in the last year on my own.. (just joined here today)... and people keep saying odd things to me like "where did you go, there is nothing left of you" when i hear that i want to scream and cry out sure i was more visible because there was more to my body, but i was actually invisible because i was hiding behind it.
  • grex1949
    grex1949 Posts: 130
    Options
    I'm not dieting. "Diet" is NOT a verb.

di·et/ˈdī-it/
    Noun:
    The kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats.
    A legislative assembly in certain countries.

OK, there's a definition of the word used as a verb, too, but I would suggest eliminated that usage from your vocabulary.

If you are following the MFP program the right way, you are not "dieting". You have made a positive lifestyle change, and it's permanent.

(steps off the soapbox) :smile:
  • tkaawa
    tkaawa Posts: 302
    Options
    Why? Your not that big! After showing some progress "don't lose no more! You dont want to get too skinny. Background, started at 209 currently at 160.

I'm getting that a lot right now. I've lost 41lbs and countless inches since I've started losing weight and I feel and look much better....I want to lose at least 30 more to put me at an ideal weight(150lbs) but everyone is like.."don't lose anymore weight...you're already too skinny"..."ew...you're getting too skinny" like really people..c'mon
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options

I was thinking of trying that! My Wish It Off Workout would go great with that!

Because you're a friend, I'll let you in on a little secret. I can get you a $20 discount on the diet, and it'll come packaged with not one, but TWO extra wishes for your Wish it Off Workout. If you act now, shipping is free and I'll make sure you get the extra-special kiwi, cumquat, and MANGO diet as well. Call 1-800-GET-SCAM. Operators are standing by.
  • brentrhodes
    brentrhodes Posts: 139
    Options
    "you look better with a little weight on you, I don't like it when you're thin"----My mother

I don't care if she thinks I look good?! lol!