Stupid things people say when they hear you're dieting

Options

Replies

• Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    "Should you really be eating that??"
    "I don't need to eat like you, I don't need to lose weight!!" ... from the hubs and the kids..
    funny, this is what my daughter will say, and my mother-in-law said "so how many peices of pizza are u "allowed" to have"
    everyone says "should u be eating that" its like yeah i should im accounting for it and its not your business, im the one keeping track of what i eat not you!
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    "It's about time. I was wondering how big your *kitten* would get this time before you finally decided to stop stuffing your face"

"I'm happy you've been losing some weight but you're not done yet, right? I mean you're still pretty big"
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Another was a family member saw me make green tea

"you know that doesnt work"

huh?

what the mircowave?

Lol!!!!
  • grex1949
    grex1949 Posts: 130
    Options
    "you don't need to watch what you eat, look at you!"

****** I look this way BECAUSE I watch what I eat

My point.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    "Why are you on a diet??"

Uhm. Everyone's on a diet. My diet consists of relatively moderate caloric intake consisting of roughly consistent blend of macronutrients, intended to make me feel and look a certain way. And other people's diet is "whatever is closest to their hands and fits inside their body".

(Edited to add: Yeah, what Grex1949 said.)
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Or the ever present "have you tried the kiwi and cumquat diet? It says you can lose that 20 pounds in .000034 nanoseconds and it's only $129.95 a week!"

Oh yes! If I had a £ for every time someone recommended a new 'diet' to me I'd be a rich woman.

My favorite is, 'Don't lose any more weight, you're starting to look gaunt'. No I'm not it's just that my cheekbones are starting to show thru the pads of fat that have been covering them for years.
  • _LilPowerHouse
    _LilPowerHouse Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My size 00petite wife says,
    "Im fat, look at my pot belly" , Looks nothing like a pot belly,
    then I take my shirt off and say yea look at my six pack...... (super sarcastically.) as my gut hangs over my pants..
    I did that everytime she complained and now she just doesnt do it anymore, she actually got the point
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    "Should you really be eating that??"
    "I don't need to eat like you, I don't need to lose weight!!" ... from the hubs and the kids..
    funny, this is what my daughter will say, and my mother-in-law said "so how many peices of pizza are u "allowed" to have"
    everyone says "should u be eating that" its like yeah i should im accounting for it and its not your business, im the one keeping track of what i eat not you!

Yeah, my family will ask, "How many points do you have today?" Because I used to be on Weight Watchers. I'll take care of myself and you worry about yourself, mmkay?
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    "You think drinking protein shakes will help you lose weight? We give that stuff to the cows to help them bulk up!" - I'm actually drinking them to help me burn fat and gain muscle. But thanks Dad & Stepmom for making me feel like a cow!

"You need to eat more real food. I'm tired of hearing all the time that all you & my grandson are eating is chicken and broccoli. Feed that kid some meat!" - Meaning a burger and fries.... Again Step mom. Excuse me but chicken & broccoli is HIS favorite meal and I don't see a need to change that.

"Don't you think you have done enough? You really don't need to lose any more." - I started at 250 and this was said when I was about 180. I'm now around 150 and just focusing on building muscle and toning.

Gotta love family!!!
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    "You're not fat. You're just big bone." Seriously? I'm only 5'0 and my wrists are smaller than a 10 year old's.
    Another one. "You're just muscular. You're just shaped that way so i don't think you can get skinnier." Yeah 5 years ago I weighed 30lbs less.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    "It's good what you're doing now, but we're big people. You're gonna look like your mother when you get older."

My mom is obese with diabetes and is trying to do better. And your body doesn't just pull fat out of the air because the rest of your family is overweight. -.- Thanks dad, from both of us.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    How about "how can you afford that eating healthy is so expensive I cant do it"
  • Jenn_10
    Jenn_10 Posts: 83
    Options
    " oh so your dieting, lets see how long you last this time"

"that will never work here try this diet"

“you can eat this its healthy” (no not when its fried and has more calories than I can count.)

“you need to do this and you need to do that”

“its going to take forever to lose all the weight you have to lose”

And my all time favorite “you need to go on a diet not a lifestyle change“ -.- (face palm)
  • tlynnclemmons
    tlynnclemmons Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    from my husband - "it doesn't matter to me if you're big - I like you the way you are - it doesn't bother me at all" - uhmmmmm hello
    BUT I DON'T LIKE ME THE WAY I AM!!!

from my grandpa (RIP) - "it's about time, lil fatty" (think about it - lil fatty? don't they kinda cancel each other out?)

from a friend - "why bother, just enjoy your life and eat what you want" (mind you, she weighs about 110 lbs & i reminded her that I HAVE eaten what I want for the last 15 years and because of that, I am no longer enjoying anything!)
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    "Why are you on a diet??"

Uhm. Everyone's on a diet. My diet consists of relatively moderate caloric intake consisting of roughly consistent blend of macronutrients, intended to make me feel and look a certain way. And other people's diet is "whatever is closest to their hands and fits inside their body".

(Edited to add: Yeah, what Grex1949 said.)
    THIIIIIS

People are not bears that can go all winter without a diet!
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    When my friends who are on "Fad Diets" Try to get me to Join them!

" You should NEVER eat carbs" :explode: As I am eating apple for snack.

They count the teaspoons of sugar i put in my coffee.:drinker:

"Why are you starving yourself?" Im not.

They know i count calories..
    " YA know McDonald's chicken nuggets only have 230 calories!" Sure yep... that is healthy! :noway:

You are not as much fun since you have gone on this "diet" :sad: not true.. I just think it has caused them to take an inward look at themselves and they dont like what they see!

10086220.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • sexyrosey
    sexyrosey Posts: 137
    Options
    *you deserve it
    * You’re always on a diet
    * You have big bones
    *being a little over weight runs in the family. Yeah right a LITTLE!
    MY favorite one….you have such a pretty face if you lose too much you will look old!
  • workoutgirl23
    workoutgirl23 Posts: 267
    Options
    I get people saying to me, oh you dont' need to diet. your small as it is. but i obviously have like 20-30 pounds to still lose. and also it bugs me, when people pick on me for dieting. Like i say i'm dieting. and they say, oh, that's silly, you got to eat and enjoy your life. you don't need to starve yourself.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    "But you look normal" Gee, thanks. I get that one a lot.

"You can't eat that, it has FAT it in!"

"How did you do it?" I counted calories and exercised. "Ohhh" in the most disappointed tone ever.

"You can't lift weights, you'll turn into The Hulk."

"Wow, should you really be eating AGAIN?"

"You're doing so well. now, if you could just get rid of those flabby arms and thighs." That little gem is just one of many from my MIL.

"I'd love to work out with you but...." Insert EVERY EXCUSE EVER here. Really, you can't make time to work out with someone who works 10 hours a day + an hour travel + cooks dinner and cleans up + works a little extra from home every night? Oh, and who has an ankle injury. Cool, I understand.

"How's your diet going?" My diet is fine, thanks. How's yours?

Also, one of my friends sat me down and had a very serious conversation with me when I had just made it to a healthy weight and told me she would like me to get help for my anorexia.

"Oh, don't ask Bee if she wants one. She's on a DIET."

"You must be all muscle. You don't look overweight at all." Yeah, well, you haven't seen me naked, dude. I promise you things look different that way.
  • Anastacia1119
    Anastacia1119 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    "What do you need to lose weight for"?

GET THE EFF OUT OF HERE....I am obviously fat....sheesh!!!

Ummmm cause my clothes don't fit, my tummy jiggles, the room goes silent when I enter... shall I continue?

Yes!! This!! ^^^^^