What was your first car?

Options

Replies

• HURLEYX3RO
    HURLEYX3RO Posts: 269
    Options
    A red 1996 Nissan 200sx. I stopped driving it because I got in a minor accident and the front bumped came off. I tried to start it a couple months later and it wouldnt start so I sold it for $300 for parts. The guy that came to look at it, bought, then poured some gas in it and it worked just fine. I wasn't the brightest crayon in the box.

Wow *Facepalm* :noway: lol
  • HURLEYX3RO
    HURLEYX3RO Posts: 269
    Options
    '93 Nissan 240sx

Her name was Lola :tongue:

She was a show girl.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I bought my first car from my mom in 2003 and it was a Ford Tempo 1993. The motor gave up on me the same year and it was as expensive as the car to get a new motor, so I gave it up.
  • yessiseguy
    yessiseguy Posts: 116
    Options
    A 1995 sporty jetta with sunroof. It was year 1995! memories! I had a blast in it :)
  • berniemay
    berniemay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    1983 Mustang GLX with T-tops! (What a piece of junk.)
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    A 1969 Mini. It was racing green and had two holes in the floor pan which were covered up by plastic sheeting and news papers with car mats on top. When I was taking my driving test it was in torrential rain and I just prayed that the water didn't seep into the car. Thankfully we - the Mini and I - passed the test without incident.

I only had the Mini for a year (after which my love affair with VWs began) but I'll never forget it! :love:
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    mine was a nissan maxima, with a sunroof. I thought I was so cool!
  • collinj8
    collinj8 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    '91 Ford Ranger I miss that thing. Sadly, I never took a picture of it either.
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Navy Blue Mercury Topaz 2-door "sport" :laugh:
    I think I paid extra for the word sport written on the door :ohwell: Not exactly a sports car people!! :noway:
    But I only paid $900 cash for it, so it was ALL mine baby :bigsmile:
  • peterson_jessica
    Options
    2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Coupe. Silver got it the day before my 16th birthday. still have it... I don't think I will ever be able to part with it!
  • nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    my first car was a Mazda 626..it was red..ran great 2..i loved it
  • HeatherRM14
    HeatherRM14 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1980 Chevy Luv....4 speed. Man I loved that little truck!
  • Bostoncoffee
    Bostoncoffee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1988 Buick Regal, loved the dash on this car when I bought it. Wish I had replaced the engine when it tanked.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    1976 Chevy Camaro - lemon yellow. Paid $3,500 for it in 1983. A good, solid car for a first time driver - voice of experience talking. Had it for 2 years before I sold it to my cousin who painted in navy blue.
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Mine was a white 1996 Honda Accord EX-R, I named her Sachiko - "Child of Good Fortune". ****in' beauty! By the time I ran her into the ground (not my fault!! bad repair job after hitting a deer!), she was 11 years old and had half a million kms on her!
    I love my new car (2007 Honda Fit Sport, named Akane - "Brilliant Red") but I still miss my Sachiko!
  • kimziebaby
    kimziebaby Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Mine was a 96 Nissan Altima with the paint chipping off in blotches all over it.
    Still loved it anyway :P
  • rlmcnay
    rlmcnay Posts: 62
    Options
    Mine was a 1979 Chevy Monte Carlo with the INFAMOUS 305 with a Holley Quadra-Jet. Gas was 95 cents a gallon then and i could fill it up for the same price I fill my Pontiac Vibe up for now. The lifters ticked, it had the chevy oil leak, and no speedometer. I loved that car. My dad and I painted it Interstate sign green with chrome saw blades and firestone firehawk white letter tires. I miss that car everyday. I once had to drive it home 30 miles in rush hour traffic with just the emergency brake because a caliper seized and overheated causing me to lose all brake pressure. But she got me home in one piece. They don't make cars like that anymore. LONG LIVE THE BIG GREEN MONTE!!!!!
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    As soon as I turned 16 I got the family 94' Nissan King cab. Had to pay to get the motor fixed. I was quite proud of my "baby" truck
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    A red 1985 Cavalier Type 10 (I guess it was the precursor to the RS.). I drove that car into the ground.
  • smiles4deb
    smiles4deb Posts: 65
    Options
    82 Ford Fairmont, bright canary yellow with tan seats. Didn't have air, had am radio. Gas gauge didn't work, so we had to write down our milage in a little notebook to see when we were getting low on gas. Had to share it with my sister...