Bully

Options
123457»

Replies

• suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options

ETA: I am not condoning my brother hurting this boy, however he was only defending himself :happy:

You should condone it and be proud of your bro. That is what bullies need, a good azz kicking. Our society is getting softer and softer by the year. I remember whefighting was no big deal and just part of growing up. Now schools act like it is a federal offense. More people need to know it is ok to stand up for yourself and more importantly to stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves.

When/if my son gets suspended for beating the pizz out of a bully in his own defense or the defense of others I am going to have a real hard time not chewing out the schools administration. I won't be punishing my son for this I can assure you. The world needs more strong people willing to fit for what is right.

That is what bullies understand.

I agree and I used to always stick up for a couple kids in Jr. High who always were getting picked on.
    But I often wonder whats going on inside that kids head (bully kid) to make him act out like that. THen I found out: it starts at home. Usually the bully is being bullied at home by his parents.
    So I am not sure if beating the crap out of a kid who is bullying other kids would be such a good idea because he is probably getting the crap beat out of him at home all the time.
    The circle needs to be broke somehow.
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Never had a problem. When I started high school I was considerably smaller than everyone else, wore glasses and was a bit of a nerd. First day someone tried to take my specs, I punched him in the face. Needless to say I don't suffer bullies easily.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I was bullied a little bit in middle school due to my weight and the way that I dressed. This much I tolerated and a majority of the kids were people I'd known since Elementary, so I shrugged their hurtful words and gestures off. High school was a whole 'nother ballpark though. I decided to stick with tradition and so attended the high school on the other side of town. I knew none of the other students and had an incredibly hard time really fitting in because I was a little bit different.

For once weight wasn't the issue, and no one seemed to mind my clothes as far as I know. I was shy and loved to constantly draw. And among other things, I was a lover of anime and music that wasn't.. well.. rap or 'black' so they said *rolls eyes*. The school had its share of thugs and 'ghetto' chicks, leaving me as one of those 'weirdos' or someone who was trying to 'act white'. Looking back on it, it was silly for me to even have been upset over these things, but on a young girl who was already having confidence issues and trouble fitting in, I felt like it was me against the world on some days.
  • suziblues2000
    Options
    I was so horrifically bullied as a child and it, along with other factors in my life have cause me to develop PTSD. Yes, like our war vets get. IMHO it's devastating and I am glad to see that as a nation we're finally addressing it. Yes, we'll have nay sayers and those who take it too far in the other direction but, at a baseline this is something that needs to stop. It affects peoples lives far beyone the school yard, or the front yard for that matter.

Thanks for bringing this up, kudos to you!

I asked my family doctor if being bullied for years could cause PTSD and he laughed at me! :mad:

As a mom who lost her eldest son to suicide due to bullying, I would say it's not such a laughing matter. Your doctor needs to go back to med school my friend.
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I've read every single post here and want to apologize on behalf of the world to every hurt that's been done to all of you!

Bullying, in any way shape or form is unacceptable. I'm glad that these issues are coming to light.

I was bullied terribly as a child for being a pale, red-head and chubby. Highschool comes in and the bullying became worse.
    I quit a job because the women in that environment were beyond help. The gossip, drama and lies were outrageous! I was being outright picked on by my boss who would torment me, to the point where she told me to 'get over' my uncle dying.

Glad I'm out of there.
  • suziblues2000
    Options
    I was bullied in school I never understand why? I'm like any other kids in the school.. I guess it's probably why I'm so self conscious, and have a low self esteem. Know I think of it I think they picked on me because of my looks maybe?!? Idk.. So I never finished school cause I couldn't handle it anymore but I'm going for my GED soon.. But I am scared for my daughter go to school but I'm going to teach her to accept somebody who they are.

Because of your looks?? If thats you in the profile pic, You're beautiful!
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I was bullied but not as bad as my brother. I learn to be a class clown and most came to like me, even the bullies. My brother though was tortured and the teachers didnt care, hell it was one that started his school hell till my parents had to go another school. It was he was in kindergarden and the teacher flat said "dont play with jake he is a retard" my parents got her fired the next day.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Yeah its me.. But thank you!! I still remembered this day in high school around lunch time this girl told a guy that I lined him out loud like yelling saying I liked him (which it was a lie) any who everyone was laughing being cruel I just remember every torture I had in that school and yet the teachers or the principle doesn't do any thing about it.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    i can relate to a lot of yous it started at home with an older brother bullying me and the in returned i bullyed my younger siblings mainly for attention i did get at home. my home environment wasn't good at all. i do have the personality that if you mess with my family you will deal with me. in grade 4 there was a boy who would jump my sister every recess and i would walk out see it run and tackal him and lay a beating on him. the school didn't care. me and him got sent to the principles office once out of a few dozen times. the abuse i suffered at home and at school or even in public is so demeaning to my soul. my confidence is not where i would like it to be and i still at the age of 35 seem to attract the a holes in life but there worse because there never alone they have to be in groups of two or more. not like when i was young if you had a problem you through down right there or met some where to fight but now a days the punks have weapons. which is sick. it not worth fighting to lose your life to a wanker. but i also know what it like to be so low to the ground where i didn't want to go on but since my aunt comitted sucide when i was a youngin my take on it is that its a cheaters way out of life. and if life was easy there wouldn't be war or hate or other sad things in life. but i am a stronger person because of the hell i went through. i'm slowly learning to love myself and except that i am different then others. but thats ok... my only regreat in life is that i didn't stand up for myself a lot more and that i sucker punch a kid for no other reason then that he bugg me but in my deffence back then i was a very angry person because i lost my dad to cancer and a 6 year old cousin was killed by a pervert. i wish i could go back and stop my selk that day from hauling off on him. it eats away at me because i made some one else feel what i felt for those who torcher me from grade school all the way up until i dropped out in high school. i am dealing with depreshion and social anxicity. "i am who i am and i like me" my own qoute i don't care what others think of me it simple if you except me for me then we will get along fine if not its ok. as of right now i don't have friends but i have my mfp family and that suits me fine for now