Options

Replies

• zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    "You're not fat, you're just big boned"

Uhh.. bones don't jiggle.

"Ugh.. how can you eat that stuff? I can't even pronounce half of it"

Try reading a menu other than fast food.

"Why do you drink all that water? It's so tasteless.. mix some Kool-Aid in with it or something..."

...and the cup of sugar per packet too??

"So what? You're the fitness expert now? That's a hoot!"

Nope.. just educating myself about my body. (Looks like it's workin too)
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Oh come on, having some of this isn't going to kill ya!!
    ...your right, it won't but all this weight really is KILLING ME!!
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    why are you dieting? don't you know their are starving people in Africa who are begging for food.

Why don't you just eat what is in front of you? umm that is what got me fat in the first place.

Why do you leave food on your plate? umm Grandma I am not a member of the clean your plate club that's your domain not mine.
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    My roommate...

"Why do you take that protien Powder?"

"You don't eat enough." I'm only eating around 3000 calories a day.

From other people,

"Did you stop eating carbs?" No, I eat plenty of them.

"Did you stop drinking beer?" Nope, Just don't drink as much

"It must suck not to eat real food." I had a steak last night.

"What type of diet are you on?" I'm not on a diet... I just eat healthy.
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    "What you're doing is wrong. you should do X instead" when all scientific data proves that X is completely wrong

examples: "You should eat way less" when you're eating at a good deficit from your maintenance
    "You should spend more time walking" when you're supposed to be increasing the intensity instead
    "You should lose as much weight as you can" when you're already losing 2-3 lbs and don't want to raise this number.
    "You should wear a jacket so you sweat more and burn fat" self explanatory.
  • irenephillip824
    Options
    "Oooooo, we got a health nut over here!"
    :laugh:
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    "I'm sick of your healthy cooking, I want something that tastes good!" Once again, sorry Grammy. XD

I get this one alot...

Annoying isn't it? If my grammy cooked every day, I'd never lose the weight. She loves butter as if it was another child. :/
  • akrnrunner
    akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My favorite these days is "you've been working so hard, you deserve that treat!" uhmmmm I'm not a dog!!!
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    "When I see it, I will believe it.."

I've told almost nobody outside the home about what I'm doing. I heard enough snarky remarks while I was pregnant about do this, not this, that I think I'm just gonna take a vacation from it! When they see it THEN they can get snarky lol

^^this. i don't talk about diet on FB. I don't talk about it with people that aren't family. Even the family is annoyed with me! haha! Thank god for MFP that I can talk about it here.

I like that we can be candid on MFP. I don't exactly post about how my gut hangs on FB lol
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I honestly got this one from the mother in law "Yes, its fried, but its okra, and thats a vegetable, so that's GOOD for you. Besides, I cooked it in the deep fryer, and it cooks so fast that way, it doesn't have time to soak up much of the oil"

The woman taught biology and anatomy at a college level.. she KNOWS how silly she's being when she says this.

And from my father in law, referencing how I had just said I had to stop somewhere seperate for my lunch, since everyone else I was with wanted Krystal burgers, I called everything on the menu "junk", he says "... junk, what? Food.. its still food even if you think its junk food, you could have eaten it.. you didn't HAVE to go somewhere else!"

Oh and my personal favorite "Yeah, that might be better FOR you.. but I won't eat it, becuase it just doesn't taste as good"

All of this from my in laws... I just happened to marry into a family that stay very tall and lean even though they grew up eating deep fried, buttered everything! My husband will eat healthfully with me.. but the others think a salad smothered in ranch dressing and a BLT are "good" choices..

Hey I make a pretty lean BLT haha Skip the bread and roll it in lettuce.

I take time out to do a calorie search before eating out anywhere and yes it takes a few minutes but to me it's worth it.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    "Oooooo, we got a health nut over here!"

That was from a coworker. They brought in pizza, donuts and all kinds of goodies every day and I'd just nibble on my granola bars and stuff. XD
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    Me: I just ate from subway (11 clock)
    Friend: And you say you're on a diet? haha
    Me: Thats true
    Friend: What sort of diet involves you eating 2 lunches
    Me: The type that made me lose 10 kg already

boom headshot
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Oh.. and another of my favorites.. (I live in a small country town)

"That ain't food.. that's the food that food eats!"
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    "You're not fat, you're just big boned"

Uhh.. bones don't jiggle.

"Ugh.. how can you eat that stuff? I can't even pronounce half of it"

Try reading a menu other than fast food.

"Why do you drink all that water? It's so tasteless.. mix some Kool-Aid in with it or something..."

...and the cup of sugar per packet too??

"So what? You're the fitness expert now? That's a hoot!"

Nope.. just educating myself about my body. (Looks like it's workin too)

Love your 1-liners! I'll carry these with me when people get on my case
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I bought you your own giant greasy pizza, you have to eat it at least 1 slice since I paid for it - After I've repeatedly said No I don't want any takeaway thank you, I've already eaten my tea.
  • prov31jd
    prov31jd Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My mom goes "I can't make changes to this recipe for you. I'm an old woman (53) so I NEED meat on my bones."

Then she added 2 FREAKING CUPS of full fat parmesan cheese. I was adding her recipe to the MFP database because I wanted some of her Tortellini. I NEVER knew she put 1550 calories of cheese in it. Her recipe doubled in calories when she did that.

Now the joke around my house is:

I'm not sure this salad is gonna bind properly. I should add 2 cups of parmesan cheese.
    OR
    Something is missing in this breaded chicken breast. It's a little bland. I should add 2 cups of parmesan cheese.
    Or
    You know what would go really well with this low-fat chocolate pudding? 2 cups of parmesan cheese.

14839892.png

LMAO!! Work it!
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    :
    "It's about time. I was wondering how big your *kitten* would get this time before you finally decided to stop stuffing your face"

"I'm happy you've been losing some weight but you're not done yet, right? I mean you're still pretty big"

I hope whoever said these things to you is not a spouse/significant other or a friend of yours. That was awful for someone to say.

The first one was my mom and the second was my brother. Of course both of them are seriously overweight and smoke a pack a day but I'm the one with issues. :grumble:
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    "If you really want to lose weight, here's what you do. Every day, eat 2 cups of brown rice, 1 cup of carrot juice, and 2 cups of milk... and *that's all you should eat*."

The funny thing is, I just entered that "diet" into my diary for tomorrow, just for grins. Using whole milk, it's a sparse but relatively well-balanced diet. It's 816 calories, so you certainly couldn't LIVE on it comfortably, but it at least has approximately the right proportions of fat, carbs, and proteins.

In fact, by doubling the milk and adding a cup of rice, the diet is only lacking ten grams of fat to be a perfect daily intake for me, plus I'd have to add a little sodium and look into a multivitamin or something.

Not that I would want to eat the same thing every day or find that satisfying, but DAMN that's close to an ideal combination if you had to pick only three things to eat. This doctor may not be so much of a quack, other than the silly "and ONLY eat that" BS.
  • patf1979
    patf1979 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    "you don't need to lose weight... you've had 3 kids!"

I didn't realise having kids was a reason to be unfit and flabby!
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    How about "how can you afford that eating healthy is so expensive I cant do it"

love this one ..... we have halved our food bill since moving to 100% healthy diet for us and the kids eat mostly what we do .... we cook double and triple portions and freeze them in case we are in a hurry one night, it saves going for bad choices ....

It truly does not cost more to eat healthy. I had this same misconception because I would buy some fresh stuff and some prepackaged and of course all the junk food. Not anymore. My weekly food budget is now $200 down from $300 (I have a small army of 4 teenagers and a hubby to feed). Buying meat and veggies in bulk, and taking time to actually plan out your menu for the week has been tremendous. However, my hubby did just say something about :that's great honey but how long do you really think you can keep this up?" Umm hello, do you listen to a word I say, this is OUR lifestyle change, not a diet, not temporary. How about next time I'm prepping meals you be the sous chef and give me a damn hand. :bigsmile: