30 Day Shred.....Lets Support Each Other!

Options

Replies

• PumpkinsandChocolate
    PumpkinsandChocolate Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What type of protein? drinks do everyone drink after doing 30DS?

I'm trying to the chocolate shakeology right now - as you can tell from my username I love chocolate and turns out it's not all that bad with the right ingredients. The only downside is the price and where you can buy it, so I'm looking into an alternative after I finish this bag.
  • PumpkinsandChocolate
    PumpkinsandChocolate Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just did my weigh in and I'm down 2lbs!! I'm on L2D4 and just looked back at my diary and am realizing I need to start making better choices with my food. While I won't deprive myself of my favorites now and again (brownies, pizza, pasta, mashed potatoes), I can start reaching for that apple for a snack rather than a couple of cookies.

Has anyone tried doing C25K at the same time as 30DS? If so, what were the results?
  • cheeky1095
    cheeky1095 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I thought I'd give a little update.
    So day 7 of the shred for me & today was the easiest of them all. Im still going to carry on to day 10 so I can master the moves then it's up & on to level 2. I can see a huge difference in my stamina, I've lost 4lb & my jeans are falling down, so it is obviously working! :smile:
    I have also just bought my self a HRM, found it at a good price & seen some good reviews on it. So now I'll be able to track what I am really burning as opposed to using estimates. How are you all getting on? Hope your all doing well :smile:
  • Ladytulip
    Ladytulip Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Im going to start tonight.
    Did the 6weeks to a 6 pack last night, but I think I need to incorporate the 30 day shred before hand. seeing as this is the 1st group that is doing it around the same time as me. I hope to keep motivated as well as spread as much motivation as i can, i have 17 days till my holiday and I am going to do my god damm best to shift even a couple of pounds :)
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    Im going to start tonight.
    Did the 6weeks to a 6 pack last night, but I think I need to incorporate the 30 day shred before hand. seeing as this is the 1st group that is doing it around the same time as me. I hope to keep motivated as well as spread as much motivation as i can, i have 17 days till my holiday and I am going to do my god damm best to shift even a couple of pounds :)
    It's easier to stick to if you have a goal for why your doing it, my friend is doing it because she is going on holiday soon too. I am doing it because I have a wedding coming up & purposely bought a dress a size too small. Good luck tonight & let us know how you get on :smile:
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it because I want to fit back into my smaller clothes for summer and I'll keep doing it until I lose all the weight I need to. This may turn into the 365 day shred! :noway:

Starting day 1 of level 2 tomorrow!!!! God help me. :bigsmile:

Oh a bit of encouragement: I haven't seen the scale move yet, but I've noticed that my energy and endurance have increased. I was able to jump all around, dance, and really give 150 % of my effort. I really surprised my Zumba instructor. So don't get discouraged if the scale doesn't move. Just keep moving!
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have A LOT of trouble with the fact that the level one workout starts with pushups? I know I constantly push myself and everyone on my friends list to push through, but they really make me want to shut the damn thing off in the first few minutes. They're so frustrating.
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    For those who can't afford or don't live in a place where you can buy this

Here's Level 2 online! (and you also can download it!)

and Level 3
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    Anyone else have A LOT of trouble with the fact that the level one workout starts with pushups? I know I constantly push myself and everyone on my friends list to push through, but they really make me want to shut the damn thing off in the first few minutes. They're so frustrating.

I felt the same for the first 4-5 days, I am on day 8 today & found it so much easier to push through. I have just took a sneal peek at level 2 & arrrggghhh it looks hard. Keep up the good work & you will notice soon enough that it gets easier :smile:
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I always have a problem with pushups, but after a few days, I liked starting with the pushups. I still do 1/2 of them on my knees, but I really focus on form.

Now, day 1 level 2....I'm longing to start with pushups! HA! It's pretty intense, but I really felt great and energized when I was done. I think i sweated more in the 20-25 minutes of Level 2 than I do in 45 min of Zumba.
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    So today was day 8 for me & I used a HRM to track my calories. I put it on when I was doing the warm up, I took it off as soon as I finished the cool down & the results were amazing to what I have previously been tracking.
    The HRM calculated I had burnt 412 calories as opposed to the 214 calories I had been guessing I'd burnt.
    I will now be using my HRM with any exercise I do so that my calorie burn is accurate as opposed to MFP's estimations.
    How are you all getting on?
    I've noticed my stamina is through the roof compared to day 1 & I have managed to shed 5lbs :happy:
  • slimpickings36
    Options
    Just started today taken measurements and before photos lets just see what happens !
  • RScisco07
    RScisco07 Posts: 3
    Options
    I also just started the 6 week 6 pack today and can already feel the burn! I am incorporating that in with my C25K that I am doing 6 days a week (instead of 3) and the 30 day shred (I am on day 7). The only thing I had a real tough time doing was getting up early enough to complete all of them before I have to head off to work. I started this with Weight Watchers because a friend and I have a bet going on... more like our own version of The Biggest Loser (except, instead of just pounds we are counting inches too). I don't want to lose the bet because that means I would have to give up 100 bucks! Our weigh in day is June 28. I'm down 6 pounds in 3 weeks (I cheated two weekends in a row) but I haven't taken my measurements since day one. I would REALLY like to see some before and after pictures of anyone who has completed any of the above DVD's or C25K or hear about your results. I am 5'5", SW: 181.3, CW: 174.6, GW: 130. Thanks to all of you guys who give so much motivation!!! I will also post my before and after pictures for each exercize I am doing. :)
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm only on day 3 but aching less already. I do need some support though because I dropped my old washing machine on my foot tonight and I'm sure I won't be able to do all the jumping around parts tomorrow :/ I want to keep going with it and do everything I think I can apart from the jumping jacks, skip rope and bum kicks. I hope this doesn't make a major difference, I will do the squat punches during those ones since it's also part of the cardio, I just feel it's not as intense.
  • Precious1016
    Options
    Where can I get a hold of that workout ??
  • ag328
    ag328 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all,

I just did level 1 for the first time. I read it was pretty intense, but now I know for sure haha. Now that it's over I feel great about actually working out for the first time in quite a while. I guess I should get a HRM to find out how exactly I'm doing. Good luck to the rest of you with it!!!
  • alc06
    alc06 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just did my first day of 30 ds! I talked my husband into doing it with me. We just finished the first workout. He doesn't look so happy right now, but I know he will feel better after a few days! LOL We took photos and before measurements last night. I'm hoping with the support we can make it through :smile:
  • Araucaria29
    Araucaria29 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of Level 1 today :) My first time at it. Forgot to take pictures. Will do so today for the "before"
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Month 2...
    Beginning at level 2....I did level 1 for a month mixed with other workouts.

LEVEL 2, day 2...OMG....this is a killer change and more body weight incorporated...

My suggestion...
    Start with 5 lb weights and if its easy, go to 8 or 10lb. Lift heavy to result in loss of inches and tone. If you start a set and can do five reps with 10lb and back down to 8....its ok...dig deep....you can do this.
    Rest rest rest...your body must recover. ITS VERY IMPORTANT to allow healing and recovery. Injury is too common and it takes more than a day to heal.

Finish with a protien shake within 30 min....VERY IMPORTANT!

thus far...9.75" lost

MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE, and do not weigh if you can!
    Really stretch well at the end...
    Push through it...if you have to stop...keep moving in place...do not stop...

MOST OF ALL....GET A HRM...the numbers in here are off. Remember this is cardio combined with strength, and the calorie burn may be lower, but you will burn calories long after this workout, as with cardio, you will not.

WE GOT THIS LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like this post. I was so very sore when I started it. I took 3 days off. My legs and arms were killing me. I could barely move. I started with 5lb weights which I think were a little much for me so I went and bought some 3lb weights. Still a nice burn, but not harsh where I can't do it
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    Where can I get a hold of that workout ??
    I got mine from amazon for £4.99 & free delivery :smile: