1/2 cucumber
    2 cups kale
    2 cups spinach
    1 green apple
    1/2 lemon
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    HunterKiller_wechange Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Juice is a good way of getting healthy but i wouldn't drink too much as you will be taking in a hell of a lot of sugar. I tend to eat it in its unjuiced form as you also benefit from the fibre from it. Veggies on the otherhand i imagine should be fine. :)
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Juicing is great! As a matter of fact I'm going to juice this weekend! a great recipe is:

1 bag of Spinach
    1 Ginger Root (size depends on your taste)
    1 bunch of Beets
    1 bag of Carrots
    1 bag of Celery
    4 bunches of Parsley
    1 bag of Granny Smith Apples (cuts the bitterness of Ginger Root) Remove Seeds from apples

Keep in an air-tight container, will last for 1 week

I've always read that the juice will lose it's vitamins unless you drink it right away.
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I want to try to juice more veggies. So all of these recipe's are great for me. Thanks again. I wish there was a way I didn't have to taste any of the pulp from the fruits.... I hate Pulp lol
  • delikium
    delikium Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I want to try to juice more veggies. So all of these recipe's are great for me. Thanks again. I wish there was a way I didn't have to taste any of the pulp from the fruits.... I hate Pulp lol

pulp is fibre pulp is fibre pulp is fibre pulp is fibre pulp is fibre pulp is fibre
    anyways have a look at this website, it has some delicious juices.
    http://www.juicemaster.com/
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    For you juicers.....did you get the raw mouth/burning sensation?

I only drink one green drink a day and am noticing that when I eat almonds now, my tongue feels raw, other foods too. It has gotten better over the past few days, but just wondering if this is the "detox" thing I keep reading about?
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options

pulp is fibre pulp is fibre pulp is fibre pulp is fibre pulp is fibre pulp is fibre
    anyways have a look at this website, it has some delicious juices.
    http://www.juicemaster.com/

After I juice some stuff, I sometimes save the pulp and make salsa out of it :)
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    yes i juice every day! It's pretty much the only way I can make myself eat enough fruit/veggies. Now it's like a treat getting in my micronutrients instead of torture
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I have done juicing a few times in the past as part of a raw diet once, and part of a "I-think-I'm-eating-healthy" diet. Both times I drank lots of fruit juice combos, smoothies, and fruit with veggie juice and both times I gained weight. Most veggie juice is really good for you, but beware the fruit juice. It is loaded with sugar and "good" or "bad" sugar, your body says yum-yum and uses those calories to pack on the fat. I would definitely log everything so you know just how much sugar/calories you are getting (if you are trying to lose weight).
  • pascale485
    pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I only have a blender, can I still make green juices??
  • delilah47
    Options
    For you juicers.....did you get the raw mouth/burning sensation?

I only drink one green drink a day and am noticing that when I eat almonds now, my tongue feels raw, other foods too. It has gotten better over the past few days, but just wondering if this is the "detox" thing I keep reading about?

You might do a little research on the sore tongue thing. I vaguely remember in the past, it could be a symptom of some kind of deficiency.
  • EbonySD
    EbonySD Posts: 142
    Options
    I got braces which for me meant having 6 teeth extracted so chewing firm stuff like raw fruits and vegies isn't an option. So I've been juicing for about 2 months now usually in place of snacks throughout the day or as my lunch. I stick primarily to veggies since fruit is loaded with sugar although I do add at least 1 apple. Lemon juice will keep the juice from turning brown throughout the day. Check out the Jack Lalane facebook page - there are tons of yummy receipes.
  • delilah47
    Options
    I only have a blender, can I still make green juices??

After my juicer broke, I used my blender. If you have a good blender with a strong motor, you can use it instead of the juicer. And, you get the benefit of all the fiber and good stuff from the pulp. I made smoothies starting with a huge handful of fresh spinach, then berries, banana.. and finally some almond milk and pureed it up for about a minute. You can't taste the spinach and it makes a thick yummy smoothie.
  • EbonySD
    EbonySD Posts: 142
    Options
    BTW - I haven't found a tool to help estimate calories. But I drink 8 cups veggie juice per day and have not seen an adverse impact to my weight loss.
  • pascale485
    pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • nashai01
    Options
    I have only been trying fruits juices at this time. I'm going to try my first veggie one tonight. I hate fruits and veggies so I'm surprised how good the juices have been tasting.
  • delikium
    delikium Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I got braces which for me meant having 6 teeth extracted so chewing firm stuff like raw fruits and vegies isn't an option. So I've been juicing for about 2 months now usually in place of snacks throughout the day or as my lunch. I stick primarily to veggies since fruit is loaded with sugar although I do add at least 1 apple. Lemon juice will keep the juice from turning brown throughout the day. Check out the Jack Lalane facebook page - there are tons of yummy receipes.

Hahaha i googles Lalane and this is what i read:
    LaLanne said his two simple rules of nutrition are: "if man made it, don't eat it", and "if it tastes good, spit it out."
  • nashai01
    Options
    LaLanne said his two simple rules of nutrition are: "if man made it, don't eat it", and "if it tastes good, spit it out."
    [/quote]

His Quote is dead on lol.

I'm starting to realize juicing with all the fruits is alot of sugar. So hopefully the veggies are tasteful. I tried a V8 100% vegetable with low sodium drink and it was horrible.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options

His Quote is dead on lol.

I'm starting to realize juicing with all the fruits is alot of sugar. So hopefully the veggies are tasteful. I tried a V8 100% vegetable with low sodium drink and it was horrible.

If you don't like veggies make sure you add at least one fruit in there. Like a green apple for some sweetness in with spinach or kale. Or some lemon or lime.

There is a Fennell/Pear mix that is very refreshing.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I juice and take it with me in a 32 ounce Poweraid bottle to work. I only do one meal a day at most often every other day. My diary is open if anyone wants to take a look at breakfast.