What do you eat for breakfast? Bored of egg whites!

Options
kfitzpa
kfitzpa Posts: 326
Hey guys, I just need some new breakfast ideas. Lately I've been eating a chopped up laughing cow cheese, weight watchers american slice, and egg whites and making an egg mug for breakfast each morning. But now I'm getting super bored of it and I need some new quick and easy breakfast ideas. Help!

Replies

• Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I usually have a protein shake for breakfast, but I also enjoy a breakfast sandwich using the Delightful wheat bread, egg white, 1 strip of bacon cut in half, and tomato. It's less than 225 calories for the whole sandwich.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Kashi Blueberry Waffles
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    typically toast with lite spread
    yoplait light yogurt( tons of flavors)
    and 2 cuties oranges , or a banana, or apple slices

some times
    toast with peanut butter sliced banana and honey

some times oatmeal with chopped apples, raisins and a tiny bit of brown sugar
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Cooked Whole Rolled Oats, 1 tbls natty PB, little cinnamon.
  • TB134
    TB134 Posts: 6
    Options
    Spiced porridge
    30g porridge oats, 10g dried raisins, 10g dries cranberry raisins, 10g flaxseed, sprinklings of allspice, cinnamon, ground nutmeg and turmeric. Stir in 150ml light soya milk and add water to cover. Microwave for 3 min 30sec. add extra soya milk to cover if necessary.
    Lots of good stuff in there, keeps you going for a good 3 and a half hours.
    Enjoy!

Glenn
    Scotland
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i ate an english muffin with peanut butter on it for years, but i stopped eating bread for breakfast a while back and i feel much less weighed down throughout the day; plus i don't worry as much about carbs for the rest of the day. i eat a smoothie every morning and it's freaking delicious. also keeps me full until lunch.

1/2 cup skim milk (can adjust for thickness)
    2 oz plain greek yogurt (estimated: i use 2 big tbsp)
    1 banana
    4-5 chunks frozen pineapple
    3-4 frozen slices of orange

blend and enjoy! makes about 3 cups of smoothie. i buy full pineapples and cut them up and freeze them - i go through at least a pineapple a week. same with oranges - buy the big cheap bag and slice them all up and freeze them. if it isn't sweet enough for you, you can add honey, but i don't think it needs it. if you aren't full enough, you can add oats or protein powder too, i hear (haven't tried this).
  • KristieJC
    KristieJC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    See the recipe I posted earlier today: egg/salmon casserole for breakfast. Delicious!
  • JayElleOh
    JayElleOh Posts: 61
    Options
    I have 1C of fat free cottage cheese & 1/4 C Granola..sometimes I sub out the granola for fresh fruit.
  • dtpss188
    dtpss188 Posts: 85
    Options
    One full egg, two egg whites, (two yolks go to the dogs), frozen or fresh spinach, 1/4 C. low fat shredded cheddar, made up into an omelette with non stick spray. Full for hours. I almost alway follow breakfast with water through and beyond lunch time.

or,

Steel cut outs with blueberries and'or raspberries,

or

bran cereal with skim milk and blueberries, or Aldi vitality cereal with milk.

or

bran cereal or aldi vitality cereal with yogurt mixed instead of milk,
  • lmandarae
    lmandarae Posts: 5
    Options
    I and my other pals on MFP eat the 210 calorie - Jimmy Dean D'Lights - Canadian Bacon on honey wheat english muffin. These are a little high in the sodium count but not horrible.

A great quick way to get in a decent breakfast for an on the go person. I am a full time corporate working mother of 2!

I also like the low cal thomasville english muffins with a laughing cow wedge spread on and warmed up in the microwave. Yummy!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    whole eggs not as boring as just whites
  • pf3855
    pf3855 Posts: 31
    Options
    Jay Robb protein shake that I freeze for about an hour and a half to make it more 'shake' like and an apple or some other fruit & berries. Takes me awhile to drink the shake and keeps me full until lunch. Breakfast is at 7 a.m. and lunch is about 12:30.
  • HURLEYX3RO
    HURLEYX3RO Posts: 269
    Options
    I alternate.

1 Banana & 8oz Strawberry Whey Protein Shake

1 Banana & Apex Fit Oatmeal Raisin Bar

2 Pieces of Wheat Toast & Egg Whites

2 Pieces of Wheat Toast & Protein Shake
  • missmuse06
    missmuse06 Posts: 50
    Options
    Some good ideas!
  • jfield6
    jfield6 Posts: 56
    Options
    Oatmeal
    Special K
    Jimmy Dean D-lights - Turkey Sausage Quesadilla
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I eat Kelkins triple berry granola, mainly because it's GMO free. After this bag is gone, I'm going to start making my own organic granola.
    I also have a smoothie in the morning, usually the skinnytaste green monster smoothie- There's a big hit of protein in that thing! I'm playing around with it at the minute to reduce the sugar.
  • NK203
    NK203 Posts: 35
    Options
    Total raisin bran w/ skim milk and banana or strawberries
  • debra4647
    debra4647 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bran flakes, strawberries and milk.
  • caegem
    caegem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Love My Body By Vi Shakes!