Heartbroke and defeated...

Options
So I have been at this for a while now and have lost 6 lbs, keep in mind to be at a "healthy BMI" I need to loose 100 but going for more like 66lbs...I work out everyday 7 days a week, wear a Polar F7 to track my burn eat pretty good and pour my heart and soul into weight loss. Today I went to the dr b/c I have been having such a hard time...she recommends that I consult a dr about a lap-band....:cry: Apparently I am so big that I have no hope of dropping of the weight. I'm sure she thinks I am crazy- I broke down and cried in her office. :embarassed: I am planning on starting Insanity Saturday- tomorrow is my last day of RI30 ( I have done 60day straight of Jillian) now I really don't see the point I am big - will always be big and the only thing to help is a surgury that I can not afford :frown: :cry:

Thanks for the vent I needed it

Replies

• oreyna
    oreyna Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Please copy this to your browser and watch...please don't give up...there is always hope. Feel free to add me as a friend.

http://youtu.be/qX9FSZJu448
  • craneia
    craneia Posts: 1
    Options
    Time to find a new doctor. Your current one is an idiot.
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    Add me too ! Don't give up. You can do this. I have only lost 1.1 lbs in three weeks. It stinks but I am not going to quite. Get support from here. We will listen to your vents anytime !

Tina
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I think your Dr is the crazy one. I need to lose a lot more than your 100lbs, and there is no way I would consider a lapband. I need to do this by myself & for myself & not take the 'easy' way out.

Do you not have a rest day? Your body needs recovery time.
    And are you logging everything you eat & drink? A nibble here & a nibble there has a horrid way of adding up very quickly, especially as you tend not to notice you're doing it, as I found out the hard way.
    Your diary is closed, so it might be an idea to open it so people more qualified than I can have a look & advise you. You can always lock it again if you get people bashing you.

You CAN do this. Dont give up.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I lost 80 lbs without any surgery!!! It might take a year or more, but you can totally do this through diet and exercise!!!

edited for spelling..ooops
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options

This.
  • 987Runner
    987Runner Posts: 209
    Options
    Second opinions are a must! Third's maybe too.

Don't give up. Surgery is so drastic. Keep your head up, keep going.
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options

This! How can you be too big to lose weight! Thats absurd! You can do it, maybe you're doing too much too fast to be honest, slowing it down and trying not to stress about it might help...?

Doctors wind me up sometimes! :angry:
  • hayniewoman
    hayniewoman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree.... find a new doctor. Also DO NOT GIVE UP!! Keep in mind that if you are exersizing alot, then you are most likely gaining muscle, and that weighs more than fat, so you may get unreliable results at the scale. Try tracking your weigh loss in measurements instead of pounds. Measure belly, hips, bust, arms.... you should see the results there. Im rooting for you. I have just started my weight loss journey, so feel free to add me as a friend as well. We all need the encourgement!
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options

Definitely. If your ticker is right, there's no way that you're "too big" for doing this on your own. Please don't give up-- you CAN do it.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Um I think the Doctor just wants to make more money. Plenty of people lose by doing it the natural way. You go on with your bad self and KEEP EXERCISING. Day by day you will get there. Don't give up.
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    Your doctor sounds mad as cheese.
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other the doctor is a idiot. Feel free to add me as a friend too
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a such thing as too big to drop weight. I started at 279 pounds, I am only 5' 1. That was a lot of weight for me to carry around being so short. I never, EVER thought I would be able to lose weight, I had tried so many times. I tried phentramine (sp) and I tried just counting calories before as well.

It wasn't until I stopped trying to diet, and started acting and feeling like a healthy person that I got results. You say you are working out 7 days a week, I would suggest cutting back a few days, also make sure you are eating enough. When I started I only walked about a mile 3x a week, played wii fitness games and did about 5 minutes on a stairstepper. I worked my way up to doing more but in the beginning I focused more on what I ate. Good luck and don't give up hope. Just be willing to do it.
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options

I agree! Please don't let the doctor discourage you. :flowerforyou:
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is correct, you can do this. If you would like some more specific help, I suggest you open your diary so that we can see if there is anything else that might help.

Feel free to add me as well if you like. I always welcome new friends.
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Doctors are wrong...all the time. You have the will and you already know the way. You CAN lose weight. You already ARE losing weight. Find another doctor that will be supportive of your new track to health.

Add proving her wrong to the list of reasons why you want to lose weight and carry on!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Don't give up. Feel free to add me. I started at 233 and am down to around 180. I still have some more to go and I struggle with it but I'm doing it. It takes time but you can do this.
  • atlantapiper
    atlantapiper Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You can do this without lapband surgery. Think how lucky you are to have all of the MFP family behind you! Don't give up! Take today to be discouraged and then let it go and get determined!
  • christyd4
    christyd4 Posts: 191
    Options
    I agree with the rest it CAN be done I am proof as well as a ton of others on here. I went 2 months with no weight loss what so ever but when i measured I realized that the inches were coming off faster than the scale. Then one day the scale decided to move. Don't give up and fell free to add me!