what are your crazy little quirks

Options

Replies

• jen88ve
    jen88ve Posts: 153
    Options
    I have to touch a window when I go over a train tracks... I did it when I was younger for "good luck" and now I can't stop!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    :laugh: as im reading, i realize i do some of the same things as some of you..oh, wow..i have more issues than i thought :sad: :wink:
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I can't be in the bathroom with the toilet lid open. Never know WHAT kind of horrible, undead monster might spring out of an open toilet but they are unable to raise the lid from inside.
    LOL I don't know what it's about (also a gross thing, I think - tho I keep my toilet sparkling) but I CANNOT be alone in a bathroom with the lid up. creeps me out.
    I can't sleep with flies in the house/room. if there is ONE fly in my apt, it has to be released into the wild or killed before I go to bed

How do you poop? On the lid? Or do you open the lid and have someone stand by you while you poop?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Each night when I get home, I change my clothes. I lay my next day's clothes out at that time.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    When I sit down at a restaurant, I never put my back to the door.

JM

Yep. Didn't know that was a quirk. I do it too.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    ~ i count. everything.
    ~ i make everything equal five in some weird way.
    ~ i ALWAYS sleep furthest from the door, i don't have a "side" other than that.
    ~ i am a sign language interpreter by trade. I fingerspell without realizing it. all the time. when i had my stroke, and wasn't coherent, i was fingerspelling and the dr. got an interpreter to find out what i was saying.
    ~ even if i've brushed my teeth already, i still have to do it after my shower or i don't feel clean.
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I talk to animals
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options

JM

ME TOO! Hey I got to see what's going on!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I eat my food like a toddler. With my fingers. Add that to my weird cow/mooing/creamer quirk and I spend many meals alone :P
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    When I turn the lights off downstairs at night i have to run upstairs away from the dark - and yes I'm a grown woman.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

JM

My hubby does the same thing.

-When I'm in a good mood I go around singing "la la la" in a very high pitched voice.
    -I mostly eat one thing on my plate at a time, and I don't like for my food to touch on my plate.
    -I have to do things in a certain order. Like my morning routine. I have to take my dog out. Make my coffee. Get dressed and it all has to be done by 6:15.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I have to close the closet doors in my bedroom before I can sleep. If I forget to close them and notice it after I lay down I get back up to close them. Same thing when I put my daughter to bed. I don't think she notices it but I can't leave after tucking her in w/o closing the closet doors.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    lots of things i do i have to do twice...
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    When I wake up in the morning I have to count to 60 before I get up.
    I never step on those mats by the produce area in the grocery store or the mats by the drink fountain at restaurants.
    I pay attention to the fragrance a person is wearing when they pass by me. (is that creepy?) lol :noway:
    I always drink out of straws except when I'm at home.
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I can't stand cabinet doors that are open. I have to shut them, even at other peoples homes (so far no one has yelled at me yet).

Drains of any kind, I can't walk over them and I have small panic attacks if I see my children go near them. (Never saw the movie IT)
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    When I turn the lights off downstairs at night i have to run upstairs away from the dark - and yes I'm a grown woman.
    :laugh: me too..im so scared of the dark..i always cover my head, because i think if i cant see whats in it, it cant see me either:blushing:
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    I noticed the other day when I was walking thru wal mart that I hold my breath as im walking thru the pharmacy area. I guess a subconscious thing knowing there are sick people there? I realized I always do that and not on purpose, I just thought "im so damn weird!"
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Thought of a couple of other things..

--My laundry has to be caught up. If there is anything in the basket it drives me crazy. So I am always crazy!
    --I don't like to be touched on the throat and I don't like neck lines that are snug around my throat. I think I was hung or executed at the guillotine in a previous life. haha... (and if that thought doesn't scare you too much, you can friend request me).
  • LatinaButterfly
    LatinaButterfly Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I use Lysol Disinfectant Spray somewhere in my house everyday and I never go anywhere without hand sanitizer. :)
  • gabbingfilly
    gabbingfilly Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    If I'm brushing my teeth in the shower, I hold my hand that I'm not brushing with in the stream of water, palm side up. At my job, I color organize the bic lighters. I have to be early everywhere or else I will go into full panic mode. I have to sleep with my bedroom door shut. Oh, and when I'm eating, I start with one item and work my way around the plate. I don't skip around to different foods and go back to another.