Rudeness Is the New Appetite Suppressant

Options

Replies

• HeealthyMee
    HeealthyMee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    To clarify - I normally wouldn't have a response like that, but this one caught me off guard and I couldn't believe the audacity. Maybe I stooped to her level, but she sure as hell deserved it. She's lucky she didn't end up wearing my lunch. :)
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Was this guy fit? Some men are like that. I used to work for a grocery store and this lady was buying food for her husband and while I was scanning items he was telling her that she shouldn't eat those things, but in a rood manner. Almost saying she'll gain weight. He seemed like one of those macho men that likes his women stick then. She was also a very pretty lady. I felt bad for her cuz he was embarrassing her. If my man was like that I would be GONE.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    You showed restraint. And I think you deserve a cookie.

However, kicking his *kitten* would've burned many more calories and earned you a sundae.

Keep up the good work. Haters are gonna hate.

img-haters-gonna-hate-panda-352.jpeg
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that put a dent in your day. I can't imagine what that idiot was thinking.

I put on weight in my stomach. Not anywhere else. So when I put on weight, guess what? I look pregnant! I hate that. A co-worker known for poor social skills asked me if I was pregnant, in a group of people a few years ago. I was mortified. And I still remember how that felt.

My philosophy is that, if I don't see a head emerging from down below, I won't acknowledge a pregnancy until the person confirms it to me. I NEVER want to make someone feel like that. I hope your day improves!
  • Pet03
    Pet03 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I sure hope this guy was not overweight himself otherwise I would have asked him if he was pregnant and then I would have told him the same thing. I don't think I could have been as nice as you were. You could have told him to go pack sand. Then order your food and eat it later. Wjat a jerk!
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Just had a run in with THE rudest man I have ever met. He asked me if I was pregnant, which you NEVER ask a woman. When in doubt, keep your damn mouth shut. Since my parents raised me with manners and I realize that some people didn't come up with the same advantage I laughed it off and said no, I wasn't pregnant that I had just gained some weight. He then says "Well if you're not pregnant, you need to be on a diet." Okay... rude much? Damn. The loud thunk I heard just after his comment was my co-worker's jaw hitting the floor since she was privy to the whole conversation. The bad news... my self esteem just dropped a few hundred notches. The good news... I'm not hungry for lunch anymore so thanks, *kitten*... I guess.

That sucks, I'm really sorry. You handled it well. Would you like me to talk to him for you?
  • pursuingexcellence
    Options
    Some ppl just say what others think. In which case if it offended you you should have told him what you were thinking instead of writing it here.

DITTO!!!!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Morons say the darndest things................to borrow / paraphrase the immortal Winston Churchill, "I may be fat but I can lose weight but you, sir, will still be stupid"

^^ This and with my mouth I would have said a few other choice words as well and left him crying in the aisle. That is just how I roll
  • pursuingexcellence
    Options
    wow, i wonder what's wrong with his own body that he feels he needed to point out a complete stranger's flaws in such a rude and unacceptable way. He probably has a tiny wiener...... LOL
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Does he work there? If so, file a complaint with HR and have him fired. Don't put up with that crap from anyone!

Then, tell him "I may be overweight but guess what . . . you're an unemployeed idiot a$$clown with bad manners."
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    What an *kitten*.. I would have thrown all my manners out the window and let him have it. :grumble:

^^^^ THIS. Unfortunately, bullying does not appear to stop once some *kitten* get out of school. Some people never grow up and will go through their miserable lives hurting others. Ignore him, he is an *kitten*.
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    What a dink!
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    remember people tear others down to make themselves feel better about THEM, always, dont forget it. Just smile and say God bless you every time....it freaks people out.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I want to combine this thread with the "people on the forum are rude" threads so everyone wins.

OP, I'm sorry you felt bad after someone else's comments to you. I hope your self-esteem didn't really drop a few hundred notches. I see you are new to MFP. Rather than focus on the man who made comments to you, I encourage you to focus on you, your goals, and your progress. That's what matters. There are some wonderful methods for making healthier decisions here, and some knowledgeable, wickedly funny people on MFP.
  • bleacheblonde
    bleacheblonde Posts: 333
    Options
    You should have asked him why his **** is so limp and tiny. That might have shut him up. And I'm glad I thought of that, because next time I have a run-in with a jerk telling me I'm fat, I'm going to use that :)
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Lol, was he Asian?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Not sure if I get the joke....and this coming from a fellow Asian.

Sometimes, rudeness comes in many, many forms. I'm glad that you had the manners to keep yourself together. By that one act alone you stand head and shoulders above the ignorance that is a part of the human race.
  • kimdarren
    kimdarren Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You should have asked him if he was born an a**hole or did he learn to be one as he got older! Some people just have no consideration for anyones feelings.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the jerk started his day with a nice cold Haterade smoothie.

Some idiot cashier asked me if I was pregnant once. Sad thing is, she seemed kind of stupid and kinda sincere about the question, but it was out of nowhere and I had been on a really good kick of eating healthy and exercising, so it was like a piss stormcloud opened up and rained on my head.

:flowerforyou: F@#$ 'em.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hun on behalf of all rude people, (not that i am one) I apologize!!!

That jerk wanted to belittle you to make hisself feel better.. remember it was NOT about YOU!

It amazes me when people seem to get away with rude comments, for if I had been in your shoes at that very moment, I would have told him where he could STICK that comment!!.. :laugh:

I hope you don't let stupid people ruin your day! Remember you have the power over their comments. YOU can accept them and feel terrible or you can ignore them for the ignorance that they are.. and Turn your day around to make it better! :flowerforyou:

Wishing you a better weekend and hoping karma catches up to that rude jerk tonight! :wink:
  • jen88ve
    jen88ve Posts: 153
    Options
    OMG! I can't believe that! Don't let anyone talk to you like that! Just keep working hard and flaut your bombshell body right pass him! LOL *jaw dropping* :happy: