What are small thighs?

Options

Replies

• TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I hate my thighs. I think they are HUUGE (btw: NOT me in my picture :p)
    They are 19-20 inches, and I'd like to know what's considered "small" / "thin"...
    And please don't answer 10 inches.... that's not realistic for me :/

So, how small is small thighs? :)

Kinda rude to anyone who has that size thighs or larger. At 4'11 mine are "huge" too I guess.

Not being rude to anyone. I think it's too big - MY opinion. Just like everyone else on this thread has their opinion about my profile picture... ;)

Honestly, it is a tad difficult to give you advice based on your profile picture. They way you have it cropped, it does look like a little girl. BUT, I am going to look past that.

You might have an hourglass figure. If your waist is 23.5 (very tiny) and your hips are 33.5 (still very tiny) you have a curvy shape even though you are a petite woman. It might be difficult to change your natural shape if you are a curvy petite woman.

I think that 19-20" sounds perfect to me for a woman as tiny as you are.

I am 5'4.5" and weigh 127...my thighs are 20.5" and they look normal.

I think you need to look at your whole body and figure out what your shape is and work it to that advantage. I will never be a super skinny girl because of my shape, but I love a dancer's body...so that is my goal.

Just make sure you are achieving your goals in a healthy way that will last your whole life time. You do not want to do something that will harm your body when you are older like I am (42)
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have Chun Li thighs and hated them for a long time. Now that I'm running, they're not really getting smaller, but they feel stronger. I think that's just my shape. Which is fine because really, if they're big and strong, I'm cool with that.
  • skinnyl0l
    skinnyl0l Posts: 63
    Options
    I hate my thighs. I think they are HUUGE (btw: NOT me in my picture :p)
    They are 19-20 inches, and I'd like to know what's considered "small" / "thin"...
    And please don't answer 10 inches.... that's not realistic for me :/

So, how small is small thighs? :)

Kinda rude to anyone who has that size thighs or larger. At 4'11 mine are "huge" too I guess.

Not being rude to anyone. I think it's too big - MY opinion. Just like everyone else on this thread has their opinion about my profile picture... ;)

Honestly, it is a tad difficult to give you advice based on your profile picture. They way you have it cropped, it does look like a little girl. BUT, I am going to look past that.

You might have an hourglass figure. If your waist is 23.5 (very tiny) and your hips are 33.5 (still very tiny) you have a curvy shape even though you are a petite woman. It might be difficult to change your natural shape if you are a curvy petite woman.

I think that 19-20" sounds perfect to me for a woman as tiny as you are.

I am 5'4.5" and weigh 127...my thighs are 20.5" and they look normal.

I think you need to look at your whole body and figure out what your shape is and work it to that advantage. I will never be a super skinny girl because of my shape, but I love a dancer's body...so that is my goal.

Just make sure you are achieving your goals in a healthy way that will last your whole life time. You do not want to do something that will harm your body when you are older like I am (42)

don't think I'm an hourglass shape - isn't your bust measurement supposed to be the same as your hips for an hourglass? ;s
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    These are some small thighs
    Broiled_chicken_thighs_with_smoked_paprika_-_small.jpg
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    don't think I'm an hourglass shape - isn't your bust measurement supposed to be the same as your hips for an hourglass? ;s

I think it has to be within 8"...but do not quote me on that. What are your hips?
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Hm.. I've read that models have 18 inches max .. :s

I'm not saying all models are unhealthy,
    I'm saying that it would be unhealthy for MOST women to be that thin.

Our body's were meant to work & play. I don't ever want to be so thin or so heavy that I have to sit on the sidelines and watch.
  • skinnyl0l
    Options

I think it has to be within 8"...but do not quote me on that. What are your hips?

32-33 ;/
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I have Chun Li thighs

SPINNING STAR KICK!
  • winonajosephine
    winonajosephine Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Mine are 18.5 and I wouldn't mind them being more muscular and growing in width, I'm 5-5 and apple shape :( just to give u an idea...
  • jammiezene
    jammiezene Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and mine are 21 inches :( no gap or even near having one.
  • skinnyl0l
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and mine are 21 inches :( no gap or even near having one.

I think gaps depend on your hip bone structure, so maybe you have very small hips?
  • jammiezene
    jammiezene Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you are probably right....sad day. I really wish they were possible for me.
  • Lovely_Doll
    Lovely_Doll Posts: 72
    Options
    Yeah, you are probably right....sad day. I really wish they were possible for me.

Look at other people in your family, if they have thigh gaps, maybe you can have one, too?
    They tend to run in your genes, the only way I knew I'd get a thigh gap, even if only a small one, is because my sister has one. :p
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    mine are 23" it the middle (widest part) ......
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    no gap :(

ec5b3064865a11e18bb812313804a181_7.jpg
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    no gap :(

ec5b3064865a11e18bb812313804a181_7.jpg

Admit it....you just wanted to show off your ink!:-P
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Mine are 19 inches and don't seem to join at any point at all from top to knees, oddly.
    I do cycle a lot, however. I am just under 5'10 and 126Ibs.
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    Mine are 21 inches and I don't have a gap
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Whoever's legs are in your photo look anorexic, in my opinion. They look like a sick person's legs. Skinny or malnutritioned is NOT attractive.
  • Brennaohh
    Brennaohh Posts: 47
    Options
    mine are about 18" at the widest part and i am 5'7. barely a thigh gap though so im sure hip size contributes to that.

i am also in recovery & trying to gain. I personally think my legs look sickly.