What famous person have you ever met?

Options

Replies

• cassblue21
    cassblue21 Posts: 207
    Options
    I have met and gotten my pic taken with Matthew McConaughey. :) He was of course very down to earth and friendly.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Terry Brooks (Author of Shannara series)
    DC Fontana (creator of Romulans in Star Trek)
    going to meet Tim Russ (Tuvok in Star Trek: Voyager) this month.

Nerdy? not at all...
  • ElisaMarie82
    Options
    Johnny Depp!!! And he wasn't as dreamy in person with the smell of booze on his breath, and gawd awful teeth. I'd totally still do him though! :laugh:
  • monicacorona2
    Options
    Alison Sweeney (extremely nice and down to earth)
    Bob Harper (awesome)
    Jillian Michaels (not so much)

And most of the cast and crew of season 10 of BL.......Husband's in the Marines and they did an episode where they trained in Camp Pendleton for a week. Got to see them film and be around them for about a week :)

Michael McDonald (comedian) Mad TV "Stuart" on a flight going to Hawaii
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Jesse Jackson, ... Sat beside him on a flight from LA to Denver one year. He was actually pretty cool to talk to.
  • Melalina
    Melalina Posts: 26
    Options
    I worked for a retailer in Atlanta that was located near four or five country clubs that are loaded with celebrities. I've met Tony Braxton, Jeff Foxworthy, Usher, T. Pain, Kim Zolciak (of Real Housewives of Atlanta), and Bobbi Kristina Brown. Toni Braxton came in wearing gym clothes and full camera make-up, which was weird. T.Pain sent his "crew" in ahead of time to announce that he was going to be shopping and to act like he wasn't there - maybe, had they not announced he was coming, he would have been less conspicuous. Kim's daughter and Bobbi Brown were in on different nights but both acted like brats. Usher was cool and collected, signed a few autographs and went on his way. Jeff Foxworthy shopped frequently in the two stores I worked at in the area and was the nicest of them all. I spent several minutes talking to him about his farm/ranch that was a few miles away and he seemed very down-home.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    robert redford bought me pizza when I was in high school. that was cool. mel gibson one time. dennis quaid once.

otherwise, working in sports it has been semi-famous sports figures.
    NFLers like danieal manning, cedric benson, bernard scott, johnny knox, justin snow, colt mccoy, case keenum, greg mcelroy, RGIII, matt stafford, etc. met mean joe green once.
    MLB, not so many. scott brosius. john lackey, I guess. joe garagiola once.
    NHL, sat down and golfed with phil esposito. he was awesome.

various pro rodeo guys. did get to chat with pat summerall one time. he's a cool dude.
  • taylmarie
    taylmarie Posts: 161
    Options
    Alec Baldwin, I shouldered him and almost knocked him down in front of Madison Square Garden
    Tommy Lee tried to sleep with me in Jackson, MS when I was 18 or 19 and I had to take him to the grocery store cause he was high and demanding corn pops
    Ted Nugent- also Jackson - but he was a mess and couldnt focus on anything
    Justin & Britney in 1998
    Faith Hill
    Leanne Rhimes

Tony Soprano pushed my roommate into a puddle in Manhattan.

ALEC BALDWIN?!?!? I so want to hang out with him. He is my fav!! So funny. I just want to have drinks with him and then he can sit by my bed and talk all night, his voice is the best lol!!

I have met and chatted with:

Penn Jilette (of Penn and Teller after his show, took my hubby for bday)
    Wiz Khalifa (very recently at JFK airport, we were in security together. He reeked of ganja, in a good way lol)
    Johnny Knoxville (I lived in Hawaii and he was drinking at a local hotel)
    Busta Rhymes (he did a concert at my college and partied after)
    Peter Facinelli (Dr. Cullen from Twilight, he was my Grandma's paper boy back in the day)
    Tim Stauffer (pitcher for the San Diego Padres, we graduated high school together in a class of less than 70 people lol)
    Clarke Peters (Actor from The Wire and Treme, he is my high school sweethearts father)
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    Or even seen for real?
    I haven't ever met anybody who is famous. :grumble:
    I have a friend who was at a party with David Schwimmer (from "Friends").

I want my 15 seconds of fame!

I was a RN in Houston/Humble Tx and lived and grew up in Nashville
    so I have met Oprah( her father was friends with my Dad. I have met most of the Oak Ridge Boys (a hs peer is the drummer for them and his Father is William Lee Golden), I have met Willie Nelson (my sister was a server at his son's wedding but I didn't meet him that way), We had drinks one night with Charlie Pride(First Af-Am country music singer), I've met Johnny Cash, Grandpa Jones (his Daughter Alicia introduced me), I've met Al Gore (he was campaigning for office in Nashville and it was no big deal), I have met Marianne from Gilligan's island (she was at my HS graduation). I met a lot of older singers especially country music ppl etc. Like Roy Orbison was sitting behind us at a restaurant when I was young and I said "hi" to him but didn't know who he was lol. Kris Krisofferson and Rita Coolidge (when they were married (were sitting behind us in a chili parlor once and we asked if it was him and he said he was "Johnny Fudge" and they all laughed:) I met Roy Acuff once in HS. And several others but I can't remember them all.. and I have a FB friend who is my husband's HS peer was tv producer Chris Peterson from "That 70's show" and he was in the "Punk'd" episode with Mila Kunis so that was pretty cool. We saw a lot of ppl at the Phoenix Comicon like Stan Lee (Marvel comics) and Billy Dee Williams and Wil Wheaton (Star Trek) and Leonard Nimoy, Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters)
    And Dusty Hill from ZZ top (took care of his Mom) once, Amy Grant (took care of her Grandma a long time ago and Amy visited) and George Foreman (took care of a family member once) and Kellye Cash (Miss America 1987).
    I also met the other guy with Kris Kristofferson who wrote "Me and Bobby McGhee": Fred Foster and saw the necklace he wears from when it went gold (A half dollar size gold necklace they give/gave them).
    And an in the early 90's I met Hakeem Olajuwon from the Houston Rockets
    Linda Blair around the time that she was doing "The Exorcist"
  • BosLady1
    BosLady1 Posts: 83
    Options
    Probably doesn't count as famous to anyone on here, but if you have a preschooler, or a little one, it was awesome. We met the Fresh Beat Band (from Nick Jr.), paid $300 for a family of 3 to see their concert and do the meet and greet, but so worth it. They may not be "famous" per say based on the names ppl have listed on here before me, but they are really talented and are on TV at our house every day. My now 3 year old was blown away by the experience =) so that is ALL that matters =) and for the record, they are really nice as well.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I met the horse that played Shadowfax in LOTR. Does that count? :)

oh ****, ABSOLUTELY :)
    feckin a
  • BandedTriaRN
    Options
    I met the horse that played Shadowfax in LOTR. Does that count? :)

Wow , he was the horse of horses! Amazing really! Did you meet Gandalf the white too? :)
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Mother Teresa. err.. she held me in her arms when i was a kid. thats about it :blushing:
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    most of the celebrities I met were at a convention, I saw Tom Felton (Dracoy Malfoy), a few cast members of True Blood, it was Sam, Pam and Lafayette

the only time I saw a celebrity not at a convention was during the time I was working at a movie theater and Usher went to see a movie with that girl from TLC. Usher is a total **** and full of himself, he made the the back row and front row seats of where he was sitting cleared so it was just him and his girl at that time to themselves, I thought it was a **** move personally, especially when other people who paid to see the movie as well were asked to move away from them.

I would love to meet Robert Downey Jr though!
  • lyssaloo
    lyssaloo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Tech N9ne, at one of his concerts.. :happy:
  • BandedTriaRN
    Options
    I use to have the biggest Crush on Randy White when I was younger!
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Most people involved in Uk politics including Margaret Thatcher, our current Prime Minister David Cameron, George Osborne etc.

I'm a political agent so this is not entirely unsurprising.

Used to be a stage manager in theatre. Didn't work with many famous people - did mostly small scale stuff - although I did work with Brian Blessed on a pantomime for a while.
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I met Jewel back stage at an intimate concert venue in Missoula, MT where I'm from. She's one of my musical influences so this was a great privledge for me. Very nice girl :)
  • KristenStone
    KristenStone Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Nice topic! And I'm sooooooooooo jealous of the girl who met Dane Cook!! Bah!

I once waited on Biff from Back to the Future. He likes tuna melts-who knew!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Jackson Rathbone, 100 monkeys concert
    Josh Turner, after his concert.