What are small thighs?

Options

Replies

• blasiansrus
    blasiansrus Posts: 151
    Options
    That person in the picture looks anorexic. I would not want to be that thin.

FYI, although the girl in the picture looks like she may suffer from an eating disorder, people can't look anorexic just because they're skinny because not all anorectics are super skinny...

~18-20" is usually pretty thin (higher if you're taller..)
    mine were pretty thin at 20.25" & I'm short lol
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    don't think I'm an hourglass shape - isn't your bust measurement supposed to be the same as your hips for an hourglass? ;s

I think it has to be within 8"...but do not quote me on that. What are your hips?

32-33 ;/

You are very petite. Your hips are 10" wider than your waist....they say that is a perfect measurement (10" difference between hips and waist). I can promise you that your thighs are not huge. Now could you firm them up to look better, I don't know since I do not know what you look like. But, you are looking at the curve of your hips as fat or huge and really, that is just a shape of a woman. Our waist goes in and our hips go out. It is beautiful...embrace your petite curves!!!
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Feel free to stop the body-bashing any time now. I know this has been brought up before, but why is it ok to bash anorexics for being too thin but not binge eaters or over eaters for being too big? Give me a break.
    How often do you see folks here aspiring to be fat, like those gals aspiring to be twigs?

Oh, so is it ok to bash the overweight people who aren't on here trying to make a change? Is it ok to make fun of a compulsive eater just because they aren't ready to take care of themselves? Some anorexics are simply not ready to recover, and if they aren't ready, it's just not going to happen. Making fun of their bodies sure as hell won't speed up the process. If anything, it could trigger them even more. No, I'm not glorifying emaciated bodies or defending the desire to look that way. But I'm aolso not going to go out of my way to make someone with body issues feel even worse about themselves.

Also, you may want to google body dysmorphic disorder.

If people would just take the time to learn a little bit more about these things, maybe there wouldn't be so many horrible, ignorant comments directed toward girls with EDs on here.
    I'm only on page 4 of this, but had to comment on the above post^^....I think you are right on and you articulated it beautifully. I have BDD, and it can apply not only to the very thin, but to the very obese...it doesn't discriminate. You look in the mirror and you see something that isn't there...either larger or smaller. We all need to support each other, regardless of where are journey is at the moment. While I don't actively support intentional starvation to achieve a goal, I understand that when a person is entrenched in an ED, their thinking is not "healthy," and it creates an ideal that, realistically, is not attainable.
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    So, to add to the actual conversation...I have 21" thighs...which have gone up by 1" since last year thanks to my extreme devotion to Power Yoga :smile: I am 5'9" BTW. I have a "thigh gap" thanks to my 36" hips and bow legs, and have actually always detested it, because I was teased about it in school...but, I don't think it looks bad on specific body types.
  • wendyjo3
    wendyjo3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    the person in the picture looks anorexic...unless you like that knobby-knee 12 year old girl look

Hahahaha that's great. I actually did sort of look like that when I was 12, now that I think of it. :D

Feel free to stop the body-bashing any time now. I know this has been brought up before, but why is it ok to bash anorexics for being too thin but not binge eaters or over eaters for being too big? Give me a break.
    I'm not interested in bashing anyone. I'm also not interested in FEEDING INTO anyone's food issues.

That said: I haven't seen very many obese folks on here saying: I want to be fatter. Or binge eaters saying: I wonder if I could eat 4 thousand calories in my next meal. And, then I often see an age difference. Usually I check out when posters talk about other "girls" looking good. Or "other girls" tell me it's okay to be this thin.... these are kids. Not adults. And if this thread isn't a teen, then the next one to use it as "inspiration" probably will be.

LOL-- very well said!
  • nphillips0124
    Options
    I keep wanting to respond to this thread, but my grandma always told me 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all'.

Or, I guess in this case- 'if you have giant thighs and don't have anything nice to say to tiny people don't say anything at all'.... lol
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    don't think I'm an hourglass shape - isn't your bust measurement supposed to be the same as your hips for an hourglass? ;s

I think it has to be within 8"...but do not quote me on that. What are your hips?

32-33 ;/

You are very petite. Your hips are 10" wider than your waist....they say that is a perfect measurement (10" difference between hips and waist). I can promise you that your thighs are not huge. Now could you firm them up to look better, I don't know since I do not know what you look like. But, you are looking at the curve of your hips as fat or huge and really, that is just a shape of a woman. Our waist goes in and our hips go out. It is beautiful...embrace your petite curves!!!

^^THIS!!!^^ With a 10" difference between your hips and waist and about the same between your bust and waist, your figure is truly an hourglass and probably way more attractive than you realize. I'm 4'11" and the tops of my thighs are 21" the last I checked. and if I could ever DREAM of a 10" difference between my hips and waist I would be ecstatic! I've had three kids, so at this point I don't know if that's possible, but it is what I am striving for at some point in my future. I really think you're probably fine just the way you are and just need to learn to see the 'whole picture' instead of focusing so strongly on the size of a single body part. See yourself as the beautiful person I think you probably are and stop trying to fix what isn't broken! :flowerforyou:
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    That person in the picture looks anorexic. I would not want to be that thin.

Pretty much. There is nothing cute about that picture, and if someone wants to look like that they either 1. Believe that the skinnier you are, the better; or 2. Want attention.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Mine are 22inches. The size is lovely on my frame, but I'd like more muscle and less rat on them.
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    5'8, 19.5 inch thighs, and no gap. My hips apparently won't let me have one. :(
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    5'8 18.5" thighs with a bit of a thigh gap. I don't love my thighs, that's for sure. I'd like to lose another inch or so :)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Stop worrying about size and just work on making them look like this..

DanaLinnBailey_16.jpg
    I would never want to look like that! Not to mention it's not all that realistic for the average person.

Anyways, I have no idea what the measurement of the biggest part of my thigh is. I'm about to go check but I know it's probably bigger than most of what has been posted in here!
  • Dargealing
    Dargealing Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    samll thighs would be the ones you see on cornish game hens.. couldn't resist..
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    So you mean to say my thighs are "huge"??? Sorry I was offended by your post. My thighs are 19.5" & I have a gap in those thighs. My body fat falls along 19-20%.
  • jnerdin
    jnerdin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Mine are about 29", but I'm a 6'3" male and I cycle a lot, so they're not small. My point? Who cares? Just get healthy.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options

DanaLinnBailey_16.jpg
    I would never want to look like that! Not to mention it's not all that realistic for the average person.

Anyways, I have no idea what the measurement of the biggest part of my thigh is. I'm about to go check but I know it's probably bigger than most of what has been posted in here!

I don't think those thighs are not realistic for average people like you. In fact they may even be smaller than what you see in the photo. Lean thighs can make the impression of a big manly thighs but in reality they're not masculine.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I hate my thighs. I think they are HUUGE (btw: NOT me in my picture :p)
    They are 19-20 inches, and I'd like to know what's considered "small" / "thin"...
    And please don't answer 10 inches.... that's not realistic for me :/

So, how small is small thighs? :)

That profile picture, just in my opinion is gross. A girl needs almost twice that
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options

DanaLinnBailey_16.jpg

I don't think those thighs are not realistic for average people like you. In fact they may even be smaller than what you see in the photo. Lean thighs can make the impression of a big manly thighs but in reality they're not masculine.
    I don't like anything about that look, her arms, legs, abs...it's too muscular (to me). There's nothing wrong with looking like that, but I don't like it personally and it's annoying when that sort of look gets pushed on people for no reason.
  • powership00
    powership00 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That photo appears to depict someone with an eating disorder. Which would be against the rules of our website.

You aren't trying to do that, RIGHT?

I agree, I think the photo is not appropriate.
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    If you want legs like a small child with no femininity then like your profile pic...... however im 5'7" and have 21" thighs and everyone says they would love to have my legs...depends on height aswell i think!

I'm only 5'2 which makes 20'' look bigger than if I was like 5'7'' ...

I'm 5'2", 109 or so lbs, and my thighs are 21" at their thickest point. They just barely touch together at that point. I consider my thighs to be thick in comparison with the rest of my body, but they still look and feel pretty good to me. I would be happy to lose one inch maybe, but I would prefer not to go any thinner than that (and my body wouldn't do that anyway because it's just the way my body composition is).