What do you have for breakfast? need ideas!

Options
emptyplate
emptyplate Posts: 62
HI, so i have porridge every day with 6 dried apricots cut up into three each sprinkled on top. It is delish but i'd like to branch out a little as it is around 310 calories and although very healthy i'd like to save some calories every so often. Anyone have any tasty, quick, healthy breakfast ideas they could share? if possible low calorie would be FAB <3

Replies

• wendallb
    wendallb Posts: 15
    Options
    I normally eat cereal with some fruit for breakfast and is about 350 calories..I use 2% milk or you could use almond milk for less calories
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Eggs. I love eggs. <3<3<3. Add some volume by making an omlette with 2 eggs and a ton of veggies. :)
  • stephaniebrowning
    Options
    I eat Quacker Weight Control Oatmeal (160 calories) and buy the variety pack so I can mix it up. Just add a couple packs of splenda and it is delish :)
  • Beezer322
    Beezer322 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese, 1 cup fresh strawberries, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon of raisins. It's delicious :)
    or have it as a snack!
  • jesuslovesme145
    Options
    I almost ALWAYS have some type of shake for breakfast. My favorite one at the moment is 1 cup ice, 1 cup milk, 1 tsp-tbsp coco powder, 1 tsp-tbsp instant espresso powder, and stevia. But in a blender and its awesome! Its around 150 calories :)
  • emptyplate
    Options
    I almost ALWAYS have some type of shake for breakfast. My favorite one at the moment is 1 cup ice, 1 cup milk, 1 tsp-tbsp coco powder, 1 tsp-tbsp instant espresso powder, and stevia. But in a blender and its awesome! Its around 150 calories :)

This is a good idea! normally i never have any of the ingredients like the above suggestions of things with strawberries etc.. sound gorg but we never have those things. i might try that thankyou!
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Why not try overnight oats? Looks pretty yummy. I usually mix 40 grams of oats with one whole egg, 3 egg whites, a splash of low fat milk and 30grams of banana (mixed up the night before) cooked as a 'cake' in a teaspoon of coconut oil.
    Otherwise... eggs, cheese on toast, bacon, a mixed cheese plate...
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I broke open my jar of pickled herring, and I damn near couldn't stop!
  • klien35
    klien35 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like egg beaters with fresh fruits and veggies. The egg beaters are low calorie but have good protein, so helps you feel full and satisfied!
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    My usual breakfast choices:

1) Luna Bar (love, love, LOVE them!!)....180-190 calories

2) Light, fat-free yogurt + chia seeds...135 calories

3) Chocolate chip oatmeal + dark chocolate chips...155 calories

And lots of chilled, unsweetened green tea!! :love:
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Body by Vi shakes for breakfast. If I could just live off of cake batter, I would, but the Body by Vi is a much more reasonable substitute. ;-) My favorite is the Butterfinger shake, and it's 257 calories.
  • MargoPrior
    MargoPrior Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It varies for me. I love eggs so I will often have one whole egg, two egg whites, one to two tablespoons of mayo, a tsp of mustard and some mrs dash lemon pepper. Egg salad without the pickles and bread. Is very good. Other mornings I have oatmeal with between a 1/4 and a 1/2 cup of milk and some sweetner and cinnamon. Always good to switch things up so you don't get bored and want to 'splurge' too much :-)
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    My breakfast this morning, before going to the gym to lift weights, was two eggs and six Morningstar Farms chik'n strips on half of a toasted Joseph's Lavish bread. It was 260 calories, but it was loaded with protein, and it had enough carbs to get me through my workout.
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Eggs.
    Leftover dinner from the night before.
  • Livingbalanced
    Livingbalanced Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I usually have a shake - 1 banana, 1 tbsp peanut butter (or PB2 now that it has arrived!) and about a cup of skim milk - that way, I get fruit, protein, fat and dairy all in one! lol AND It's delicious!
  • mbaker824
    mbaker824 Posts: 16
    Options
    Two hard-boiled eggs with a little garlic salt. I keep a bowl of them in the refrigerator, so it makes a quick and easy (and only 140 calorie) breakfast.
  • emptyplate
    Options
    Why not try overnight oats? Looks pretty yummy. I usually mix 40 grams of oats with one whole egg, 3 egg whites, a splash of low fat milk and 30grams of banana (mixed up the night before) cooked as a 'cake' in a teaspoon of coconut oil.
    Otherwise... eggs, cheese on toast, bacon, a mixed cheese plate...

Wow thats really different, is it good? i never would ahve thought to mix oats and eggs.i'll look into this. Thankyou to everyone for their suggestions they all sound brill
  • cryztalk
    cryztalk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    egg whites, vegetables, and low fat mozzerela cheese. To cut more calories leave out the cheese. 4 egg whites with green peppers, onions and mushrooms is only about 80 calories. Adding 1/8 cup of the cheese adds 40 calories. Using egg beaters instead of seperating is much easier. I also have a granola bar or applesauce with it.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    stir fry mushrooms, onions and tomatoes. Salt and pepper them while frying
    eat with sliced hard boiled eggs.

SOOO YUM
  • Mockingjay_24
    Options
    Wheat bisks and semi skinned milk with a bunch of dried fruits!