What do you have for breakfast? need ideas!

Options

Replies

• Josephina57
    Josephina57 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Mon-Fri I always have the same: 1 cup skim milk cooked with 1/4 cup rolled oats and 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal. On the weekend usually something bigger. Eggs, waffles or pancakes.
  • TheChosenOne_
    Options
    I eat cereal
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    150g of oats
    300ml of whole milk
    3 eggs
    50ml double cream.
    Cup of tea.
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Avocado and pear smoothie... DELICIOUS :)

Avocado
    Milk or yoghurt
    Tinned pears (I drain mine but it depends on how many calories you want brekkie to be)

As an option you can add cinnamon, peanut butter or other ingredients as you wish. You can just mix up a combination of above to whatever calorie level you like.
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I eat 4 egg whites with one piece of sprouted plain toast or sprouted toast with natural pnut butter and 1 cup of black coffee....those two things are all I usually eat. Keeps my breakfast under 200 cal a day. I did try steel cut oats for a couple of days, but cant get through my run and lifting with out the protein. I have to have protein. Also I eat clean so shakes with synthetic vitamins, protein minerals etc I dont use....I have an ulcer, I eat clean or hurt ;0)
  • JasonRVA
    JasonRVA Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Refrigerator Oatmeal!

http://www.theyummylife.com

It's on this site
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    oats with stevia and berries
    Protein smoothie with strawberries
    egg white wrap
    these 3 are always my breakfasts!!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I get a breakfast burrito at my local super market called "La Favorita". The Huevos Rancheros version has 180 cal, 24g carbs, 10 g protein, 125 mg sodium, 3 g sugar, and I can read all the ingredients on the label without needing a chemistry degree.

If you can't find something similar, you can make them ahead and freeze them then wrap individually in waxed paper... they are basically just a flour tortilla, shambled eggs, seasoning and a bit of salsa. Yum :-)
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Egg beaters,2 turkey bacon in a OLE wrap(14g fiber) Yummy about 240 cal.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    don't know that i'm saving you calories--1/3 cup oatmeal with 1/4 cup (or less) raisins and 2T diced walnuts

that's my GO TO.

second fave is nutrigrain whole wheat waffle with yoplait greek 2x the protein strawberry yogurt. sometimes with raisins added.
  • tanyaleighcummings
    Options
    I roast and remove the skin from one pepper(I like Thai peppers) and chop 1/4 of it. Sear a slice of turkey and chop that as well. Mix them with one egg and 1/3 cup egg whites, a slice of torn up fat-free cheese and black pepper. Scramble and enjoy.
    Not being a morning person I have four jars ready with a serving in each in the fridge. Just shake, pour, scramble and it is usually done about the same time as my morning expresso - perfect.
  • strong4171
    strong4171 Posts: 1
    Options
    Half a cup of plain greek yogurt, mixed with half a cup of fruit (frozen black cherries are my fave), a tablespoon of ground flax seeds and a tablespoon of walnuts. Enjoy!
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Why not try overnight oats? Looks pretty yummy. I usually mix 40 grams of oats with one whole egg, 3 egg whites, a splash of low fat milk and 30grams of banana (mixed up the night before) cooked as a 'cake' in a teaspoon of coconut oil.
    Otherwise... eggs, cheese on toast, bacon, a mixed cheese plate...

Wow thats really different, is it good? i never would ahve thought to mix oats and eggs.i'll look into this. Thankyou to everyone for their suggestions they all sound brill
    For me, it is one of my favourite things to eat. I sometimes add some whey protein powder as well, or grated apple. Try it :)
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I eat omega 3 eggs with 25% less saturated fat and cholesterol!! They feed the eggs flax seed, then I cut up tomato, onion, and green bellpepper, with no fat american cheese added... then some vanilla silk sweetend almond milk! so yummy!
  • brmore
    brmore Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good Food Made Simple brand frozen steel cut oats with berries for 200 cals (http://goodfoodmadesimple.com/our-products/oatmeal/variety3) ... not affiliated, just like 'em a lot ... generally my main source of carbs for day.

Single egg omelet with 1/2 a piece of low fat colby-jack or provolone for 115 cals.

Cup of coffee for 5 cals.

Grand total of 320 calories and I'm really very comfortable / full until lunch.
  • kdkeys14
    kdkeys14 Posts: 16
    Options
    My breakfast is my big meal for the day usually. I have 6 tbsp of egg whites/2 slices of low sodium, low calorie bacon/ 1 oz of breakfast sausage crumbles/1 tbsp of chopped onion and 1/4 cup of colby jack cheese. Mix it together and scramble with olive oil spray.
    =354 calories
    820 sodium
    27 protein
    5 carbs
    26 fat OR
    1 cup of multi-grain cheerios and 1/2 cup of skim milk
  • AMKAG
    AMKAG Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat english muffin, 1 oz avacado and 2 egg beaters...
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I have a bowl of wheaties and milk. My sis says have a carnation instant breakfast with low fat milk.
  • sarahsaur
    sarahsaur Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    2 regular instant oatmeal packets with 1 tbsp strawberry polaner all fruit = 235 calories
    1 whole egg, 1 egg white, 2 strips of turkey bacon and an orange = about 237 calories
    Those are my go to breakfasts. Some days I have leftovers. I also love love love the Jimmy Dean Delights turkey sausage bowls, but I don't get them that often.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese
    Cinnamon chocolate oatmeal