Older man with Younger Woman (Ladies Only)

Options

Replies

• lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My current BF is 14 years older than me. I'm 25, he's 39. And I know the stereotype of the older rich man spoiling the girl. I actually make more $ than him so no big gifts there. But I think it's maybe a different mind set. He refuses to let me pay for drinks or meals out. It was this way when we were just friends before we were dating. In my experience, I've never had a guy closer to my own age have those "rules". He says that its not a point of argument for him bc that's how it should be. I don't complain, but it does irk me sometimes and I make it up by stocking him with beer and gin haha.
    We've talked about marriage, but he is opposed to having kids of his own bc he was born with spina bifida. So until we actually make the big plunge into getting hitched, adoption or other methods aren't getting discussed.

So maybe this was more of a therapy session, but thanks for reading! Hahaha
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My ex was 26 years older than me, and we have 3 children.
  • quruuxley
    quruuxley Posts: 20
    Options
    I have a slightly different approach to the older man interest.

I am married to a man my age. And as much as I fantasize about having married someone 10+ years older (money, career, goals set), I am financially ambitious, and I have goals for overseas business. I personally do not know of any reasons men date such younger than themselves (10 +yrs younger!) other than sexual reasons - beautiful, funny, attractive. Maybe even less jaded than the women their own age. How can I expect this man to support me 100% in my endeavours, advise me and encourage me, when he views me as being younger and therefore less aware/experienced/able to make sound decisions on my own?

I'd hate to feel like I'm being either coddled or chided, should business mistakes occur(and they will).

Date a man confidant enough to be with a woman his own age. No weird mentalities or fetishes from either of us, just a life partner with no other expectations. Is that too idealistic?
  • lavlei
    lavlei Posts: 26
    Options
    I've only really dated older men. I generally look for them to be around ten years older, sometimes more... and this sounds ridiculous but I find it's because I'm an older soul... I don't enjoy things that men the same age as me do. I like wine bars and theatre trips and good meals in good restaurants. I have yet to meet a guy in his twenties that is happy to come and watch Opera with me. (And I certainly wouldn't discount him if he did.) So yeah, I guess for me, it's an attitude thing more than an age thing. I don't like clubbing or drinking excessive alcohol, I don't like guys who sit around all day playing video games either and older men tend not to do that. I know it's a huge generalisation, but it's one that has proved true for me time and again.

^^ YES!
  • mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have been together two and a half years. He is 14 years older than me.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I dated a man twice my age at the time. It was an intense amazing supportive great relationship. I would've had babies with him. For a variety of reasons, mostly life circumstances and choices related to careers and other things, it didn't work out. But I often wonder.

Time has passed. I'm married now and my hubs is 6 years older than me.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I once worked with a lady who was 49, her hubs was 75.
  • micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    Firstly, opinions can be neither right nor wrong, so saying this woman is "wrong" in her opinion is.... well, wrong. You both are entitled to disagree, but she is not wrong in her opinion. Then again, opinions are like a@@holes, everyone has one.

Yes, opinions can be wrong. If I say that in my opinion one race of people are better than another, then I'm wrong, opinion or not. In a more clearcut way if I say it's my opinion that a tomato isn't a fruit, well again I'm wrong. Opinion doesn't mean it's infallible or unquestionable!

Not really sure I understand the op. Are you saying you don't believe some women marry and raise families with people 10-15 years older than them? Because opinion or not, well, you're wrong (if that's what you were saying, I'm not sure).
  • kitkatwag
    kitkatwag Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My husband is 12 years older than me. I wouldnt have thought in the past that I would have married with such an age gap, but the timeing in each of our lives was right and we are the most perfect match. I think it depends on several factors that are in play and not just age. BTW we have been married just over a year. We had both been married before to other people for a very long time.
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have been together two and a half years. He is 14 years older than me.

Omfg, I love your ticker. That's hilarious.
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My husband is 2 months short of being 10 years older than I. We have 1 daughter. I know a couple with a 22 year age difference(dating for 10 years-not married)
  • jenjay76
    jenjay76 Posts: 42
    Options
    I personally don't think I would have anything in common with someone that much older than me. My limit would probably 5-7 years older than myself. I'm 35 and I cannot imagine being with a 50 yr old.
  • SophiaSwimGirl
    Options
    A friend of mine is married to someone who is twenty years older. They are perfectly happy, and have a beautiful daughter.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I dated a guy who was 10 years older than I was. We were together off and on for 15 years. I had to move on, and now he realizes what he had...oh well, such is life. Now I'm engaged to a guy 3 years younger...go figure.
  • cyn4him
    cyn4him Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Have not read all the posts yet, but I assure you there are. My step mom used to be my best friend. She is three years older than me
    Her and my dad had kids at same time as I did. So my brothers are 16 and 13. My sons are 10, 13, and 15. She was with my father til he died. 17 years her senior.
    Now she is with another man who is I believe 18 years her senior. Also married him.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Why would you think that wasn't true? Are all couples like that imaginary?
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Ladies thank you for your support of us old timers!:flowerforyou:
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of chicks who date older men. I personally haven't...don't know if I would.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I'm in my mid 20s and most (not all) of the guys my age act like frat boys. That's not my thing at all, please give me a man with some brains.
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    :wink: My hubby is only 3 years older than me .... and our likes and dislikes are so ...different . :laugh
    Could not imagine being with an older man ....hubby makes me mad now ...with his old fashioned ideas . and tunnel vision .lol .