Older man with Younger Woman (Ladies Only)

Options

Replies

• KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Ugh. My dad just married a woman from Thailand who is a year younger than me (she's 31, he's 56.) He's going through the paperwork now to move her here (US) in about six months. I'm really trying to be positive about the whole thing, as he seems happy, but I just can't shake this :grumble: :sick::explode: :sick: :huh: feeling. Am I wrong to find the whole situation unappealing?
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I definitely prefer to date guys older than me.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I really wouldn't date someone more than 5 years older than me but never younger . I prefer someone who is going through the same thing as me in terms of life process such as college, buying a new house etc. Its funny because I just told a man who was 35 that he is too old for me yesterday ( I am 24). Honestly, at my age, I don't want to date someone with a impending mid-life crisis in a few years.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My guy is almost 13 years older. He is the absolute love of my life, and we plan on getting married and having kids. I couldn't imagine my life without him.. Some women like guys older, I didn't know that until I met my man :) Now guys my age, it just seems weird. Too young and immature. ( some )
  • Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    When you see a man >40 with a woman <25............................................thats just plain creepy!!!
    Daddy issues and weird fetishes have to contribute to that s***!!!!!!
    And in addition they'll die soon.....................

I wouldn't advise a 10 year age gap at your age.
    Oh hell no!!! I'm staying in my own age group:)
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Going to slightly "bogard" my way on to this thread. Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. My woman just turned 30. I'm 45. We've been in a committed relationship for over 3 years and have an 8-month-old son. We relate on so many different levels despite the age difference. Its working for us.
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    My hubby is 9 years older than me :)

Mine too! And we couldn't be happier! :love:
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    My grandpa was 18 years older than my grandma. Age is just a number. You can't help who you fall in love with.
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I lived a lot of life early on. So when i was in my early 20s and newly divorced, i found i didn't have anything in common with the males my age in college. So i dated men twice my age. Even today, i find something incredibly sexy about a man around 50-55. That confidence and maturity that "boys" just don't have.

All that said, my husband is a year younger than me, and we've been together almost 20 years. :D
  • Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Ugh. My dad just married a woman from Thailand who is a year younger than me (she's 31, he's 56.) He's going through the paperwork now to move her here (US) in about six months. I'm really trying to be positive about the whole thing, as he seems happy, but I just can't shake this :grumble: :sick::explode: :sick: :huh: feeling. Am I wrong to find the whole situation unappealing?
    No offence, but seems like one of those mail order bride things.................................that s*** ain't right!!!
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have dated both older and younger guys. to be honest I had more bad experinces with the older guys. I wouldn't say its wrong per sey it depends on the maturity of the guy. but a big age difference would be very awkward and weird for me. my being almost 37 years old I personally couldn't picture dating someone that much older than me they could almost be old enough to by my dad.

personally I myself wouldn't go for anyone more than 6 years younger or 3 years older than me.
  • Fluxx2009
    Fluxx2009 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My husband is 10.5 years older than me and we have a son. He's not a big fan of me reminding him of the gap but it works very well for us. After all, don't men take longer to mature? I'd say it's true since hubby dear acts my age most of the time, if not younger lol.
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    No offence, but seems like one of those mail order bride things.................................that s*** ain't right!!!

My suspicions are confirmed!!! :laugh:.....:sick: .......:cry: ..........:grumble:
  • tonicandgin
    tonicandgin Posts: 175
    Options
    It doesn't bother me, it's up to the 2 people involved. I've dated older, younger, taller, shorter - its about personality and chemistry- I wouldn't let a number be a deciding factor
  • Kiris2
    Kiris2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 years older than my husband! He was 39 and I was 49 when we married. Been a great marriage and neither of us wanted children, anyway! :)
  • littlebluej
    littlebluej Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My partner is 7 years older than me (19/26). We get along perfectly. For whatever reason I just can't relate to guys that are my age.
    My dad is 7 years older than my mom.
    My paternal grandpa was 8 years older than my paternal grandma.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    *I* only EVER date older men. I haven't dated a man my age since high school... even that was a mistake. Of course, I was jailbait back then too, so the older men wouldn't bother me much at that time lol My current man of 7 years (also the father of my child) is 14 years older than I am.

Due to the early absence of my father (my mother and I left him when I was 9 - abusive drunk/druggie), I suppose there could be some sort of deep-seated psychological explanations to the age preference... no one can ever REALLY know what happens in the human psyche, so I couldn't completely ignore that theory.

However, my dislike towards [MOST - not all] men my age also contributes to my preference in older men. I've never had a good experience with a man my age because they were all too irresponsible, childish/juvenile, selfish, and obnoxious. They don't know chivalry, loyalty, or common sense for that matter, and they aren't typically in it for the long run. Granted, a man, or women, in their 20's may sometimes be considered too young to even know what "forever" really means, but that's always been what I was personally looking for - someone I could at least see a future with.

Anyways, not to write a book or anything lol but all the older men I've been with have been wonderful to me, to my family, very respectful and just ... mature. Of course, I'm not generalizing, not all older men are marriage-worthy supermen, and not all younger men are obnoxious, juvenile delinquents, but from my experiences with both age groups I just personally find that an older man fits my personality, my wants and my needs better than younger men. Which is why my vote goes to: Older Men! lol

BUT... to each their own! As long as we're all happy, nothing matters. Love knows nothing but love.

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • kaytimack
    kaytimack Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know the initial post was referring to a 10-15 year gap, but even then I don't see a huge issue with it. It really depends on the people. You have to be compatible, regardless of age. Age plays a factor in that, but shouldn't be the deciding one.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I've had relationships with older guys - usually no more than about 5 or 6 years older. I prefer it.
    I know my nan dated my grandad - married him - 20 year age gap. He was older. They were happily married for a very long time.

I don't think it's wrong at all. I think if A couple share similar interests, passions, goals etc and they're happy together, then age isn't really an issue. Maybe 20 years is a little much personally for me. Ten year gap maximum.
  • zinok
    zinok Posts: 185
    Options
    My last boyfriend was 10 years older than me. I'm 22.
    I found his age attractive.