Are you a cat lover?

Options

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Grew up with dogs, until we got our first cat (we still had the dogs) we had her for 17 years before we lost her to complications from lymphosarcoma. When I moved out on my own I got two cats from the Humane Society: A torti named Trilby Bastet and an all black American Shorthair named Toulouse Sekhmet. They're currently 10 years old and I'm already having to stay away from any place that has pet adoptions since I keep wanting more....
  • willforbes
    willforbes Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have 2 cats. They make me smile and laugh everyday.
  • wiglett
    wiglett Posts: 53
    Options
    bump for cat lovers!
  • Nebrie
    Nebrie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yup. My husband and I have 2 cats. Eddie who is 8 and Lila who is 13. Eddie as a kitten is my picture.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I hate domestic cats. But I love PROPER CATS like these...

[img][/img]1752106293_6f8933118c_z.jpg
    The old hunter.. by Dipak49ers, on Flickr

and these...

[img][/img]3317564628_a4e6d6d7ea_z.jpg
    IMG_6801a by Dipak49ers, on Flickr

[img][/img]1800700235_d755c46d85_z.jpg
    Simba.. by Dipak49ers, on Flickr

Domestic cats are just like great cats. Same behaviors. They're just smaller.
    You should get some. :happy:
  • SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    I love my cat to pieces , she was a rescue cat as a baby and she is now 19 totally deaf and starting to show her age but it just makes me love her even more :-)

Its so great to see other people on here with older cats I was starting to think I was the only person with an antique kitty !
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I love cats. <3
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    2 British Blue Shorthairs, Jinx and Jasper. Except Jasper thinks he's a dog. Only cat I know that barks at the neighbour's cat :) Feel free to add!

<- Just added Jasper as my profile pic. He's a big lump. 6.5kg of pure muscle and stupidity but I love him :)
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I have 3... Rhiannon, Ava & Emer. They are my kids. Love them!!!
  • Stripycat
    Stripycat Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Between me and my partner we've lost 6 stone (84lbs), so there's lots more room in the bed these days, but it's taken up by my lovely stripy boycat Fagin who insists on sleeping in with us, and stretches out across the bed or pushes us to the sides.

I've had him since he was tiny, and I looked after his mother just before he was born, so I've known him since he was a bulge in him mum's stripes. Now he's 10years old, and the most most communicative, funny, loving and happy cat I've ever known. I've always loved animals (had rabbits growing up, and they're fantastic company), but he's my best furry little mate. He comes racing down the street when I get home from work, calls to me if he can't see me in the house, and likes to be involved in most conversations, even if he knows nothing about the subjects. He's ace.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Yes I am a huge cat lover! My cat is my baby! My kids are too old for cuddles now, so thank goodness for my purring friend!! :heart:
  • E_K71
    E_K71 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Always been dogs i grew up with, and got my 1st tabby almost 3 yrs ago. Couple months later we adopted another kitten, a small black cat.
    Both live perfectly happy with my big x Belgian Shephard pooch, which one of the cats grooms constantly :love:
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    beautiful cats
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I love my puds... We have 4, and I cant sit down without one being on my lap sharpish!! I did have 5 but one was being bullied and he was getting ill and I had to rehome him, that was heartbreaking....
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i have 3 cats
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    Yesssss :) Well I love all animals. I have a cat :)
  • mandie0378
    mandie0378 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have 4 cats right now. Shameus, Calhoun, Fergus and Shelby. The boyfriend had to throw off the Irish theme with Shelby, but at least she's adorable.
  • Cheezberger
    Cheezberger Posts: 12
    Options
    Cat lover c:
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Major cat lover here, but only have 1.

I spent the last 2.5+ years getting allergy shots just so I could be around them (had them as a kid), and was finally able to save one from a shelter in January. He's the most crazy cat I've ever been around. Totally thinks he's human and so much fun.

Feel free to add a fellow cat lover. I have some of his pics in my profile, too.

IMAG0194.jpg
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Definitely NOT a cat lover. I don't know what it is about them but they just seem sneaky and that they are plotting something at all times.

But, I did want to wish you well and best of luck! You can do this!