ANYONE LOST WEIGHT DOING ZUMBA?

Options

Replies

• honeydoozy
    honeydoozy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Zumba is the BEST! I have the DVDs and the Wii game, but I can't seem to really get into either one. If you can get to a class - do it! There's something about the energy and camaraderie that you get in a class environment. The instructor *makes* the class too, so if you can go try different ones, you should do that too. You can search for zumba classes near you by going to http://www.zumba.com/en-US/parties/search/
  • jcoral
    jcoral Posts: 1
    Options
    I have.... :)
    I've lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks doing Zumba!!! N i love it... i do it about 5 days a weeks about 2 hrs daily....
    Its working great for me.... i have the Kinect for Xbox Zumba 1&2 n i do Zumba in the gym.
  • dncmom
    dncmom Posts: 7
    Options
    I am new to FitnessPal but have been doing Zumba for 9 months now and I can honestly say that this is the first (of many) exercise gigs I've tried and the ONLY one I've stuck with and still LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Since I only just started counting calories and being aware of the intake I have personally not seen any weight specific changes (overall wellbeing yes!!) however I do know of two great stories from gals in my class. One added Zumba to weight watchers and went down 6 dress sizes in a year!! She looks INCREDIBLE now. Another older lady started the same time I did (9 mths ago) along with calorie counting and has lost 50lbs.

The key to Zumba success is having the right instructor. Once you find her/him you won't even know you are working out. :) Have fun!
  • purpleychick
    purpleychick Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've lost 19 pounds doing MFP and Zumba only. Walking bores me. I use Zumba 2 on the Wii.
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    I started out doing Zumba because I was so overweight I couldnt do much else. In the last four months I have gone to strength training only and love it, but I lost about 30 lbs in four months eating healthy and doing zumba!
  • cancousins
    cancousins Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have! I lost 20lbs doing zumba, it is the only work out I get, other than small walks
  • alfpalmer
    alfpalmer Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I LOVE zumba! Its fun and an awesome workout. There is a great instructor here and got the zumba for wii. It is kinda hard to follow along at first but you can catch on and seriously, no one cares if you miss a step or two - just go and have fun with it.
  • jarrettfam
    jarrettfam Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 17 lbs doing Zumba! It is soooo much fun! You want to keep doing it! I had to stop doing it for a while due to me overdoing it! I'm hoping to start doing it again soon! I love doing the movies better then the wii. It is more fun seeing the real thing!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,861 Member
    Options
    LOVE, love, love zumba! It is such fun! :love: :love:

Does it work? Check out the next Zumba instuctor you see. Mine said she started Zumba because she found running on the treadmill too boring.
  • lauren128m
    lauren128m Posts: 75
    Options
    I haven't tried it personally, but I know about 5 people who did and lost a good amount of weight.
  • Manjobug
    Manjobug Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've lost 100 pounds and I attribute most of that to Zumba! I love it! I have the two games for the xbox kinect. Hoping to lose enough to where I feel comfortable enough to take a live class. :)
  • obeseto13point1
    obeseto13point1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba for years in combination with other activities and it definatly did help me lose weight. I do have a few recommendations though: get the right shoes! Do not do zumba in running shoes. They are "sticky" on the bottom and this can cause knee injuries when doing zumba moves. Look for Dance sneakers or cross trainers with low tread.
  • kellyroberts1
    kellyroberts1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think it only works if you are doing it like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPv8ZGrb78Y

the class I went to once or twice was just nearly not up tempo enough.
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have :-)
    I have only been doing Zumba for a few weeks but it really works (if you put the effort in). Im a regular gym-goes anyway so I dont actually find it that hard as a workout, but it's so much fun you dont notice how hard your working. It's really addictiver too as I started going once a week and now go 3 times a week. It will work muscles you didnt know you had, the hour goes sooo quickly and burns a lot of calories. I would difinately recommend it :-)

This!!

The time goes so fast and you have such a good time doing it! I love it!
  • melgillis
    melgillis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I did zumba for several months and didn't lose anything. when I combined it with MFP, and toning exercises, that's when the weight came off.

For me, it has to be exercise and calorie restriction. No other way.
  • JBorg039
    JBorg039 Posts: 24
    Options
    I have been doing zumba for the last couple of months now, I want to lose some flab for summer. I feel so good after the workout that I'm starting to get addicted to it but I do it at home as there are no Classes nearby. I remember reading a good review on fatcuda.com before purchasing and it helped me a lot because I didn't even know what zumba was or if it was for me.
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    my sister has and i just started to, i believe if you actually do it and stick to it you will lose the weight. plus it is so much fun. I think that you really have to move and try in order for it to work though. like some people in the classes dont actually moved, idk why maybe shy but idk anywho it is great work out
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I ordered the 7 DVD Zumba package last week and it will be delivered today!!! I am so excited. I first started doing Zumba classes at the gym. However, I am looking forward to doing ZUMBA as much as I want whenever I want!! I always burned a lot of calories and it is so much fun!!!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    23 lb with diet and using Zumba and biking as my cardio.
  • mom2scc
    mom2scc Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    yep i lost most my weight with zumba on wii and classes. it great time and fun!