Refrigerator Oatmeal/Overnight Oatmeal. I finally tried it.

Options

Replies

• NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    bump! i'm definitely trying this!
  • auntkk28
    auntkk28 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I put a whole scoop of vanilla protien powder in it but I think that was too much, next time I'll do half a scoop. I also used 1 TBS. ground flaxseed instead of chia seeds. It was really thick so I ate mine with an additional 8 ounces of almond milk. Can't wait to try again!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    This is how I make them:

40g steel cut oats
    100g vanilla greek yogurt
    5g chia seeds
    35g vanilla body fortress isolate
    100g frozen blueberries
    1/2c water

441 calories, 45g protein, 10g fibre

Do you cook yours because of the steel cut oats or just overnight in fridge?

^^^ This is my question too, we only eat steel cut oats and if I can do this the night before with out having to cook them I am going to be super happy. I do batch cook steel cut oats but this will be way easier.
  • klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to try this! Yum! :)
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    This is how I make them:

40g steel cut oats
    5g chia seeds
    100g frozen blueberries
    1/2c water

^^^ This is my question too, we only eat steel cut oats and if I can do this the night before with out having to cook them I am going to be super happy. I do batch cook steel cut oats but this will be way easier.

Bump, hopefully get an answer for this question.
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have heard it works the same with Steel cut oats, but I've never tried it. I have some at home, might try it tonight, so I will report back. I've only used the Old Fashioned Oats...not the quick oats. I'm hooked on this though...and if it works with the steel cut oats, even better :)
  • NewMoi1
    NewMoi1 Posts: 36
    Options
    Bump
  • freshy_2012
    Options
    Looks good!
  • kmgarza
    kmgarza Posts: 31
    Options
    Bump!!
    Going to try this sometime this week :smile:
  • shelldancel
    shelldancel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Can I use something other than greek yogurt? I've had it once before and told myself I would never eat it again, its really gross.
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Gonna try too... what about flax seeds, will they work in this recipe? Gonna seach for the pins on Pinterest as well.
  • isisbryan
    isisbryan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I tried it. I loved that it was definetly filling but the flavor was off. I could definetly taste the greek yogurt. I only used almond milk, rolled oats, and greek yogurt because I couldn't find Chia seeds. I didn't add anything else, so I didn't like the flavor. After I find the Chia seeds, I will try it again and add some fruits and sweetener.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    This is how I make them:

40g steel cut oats
    5g chia seeds
    100g frozen blueberries
    1/2c water

Bump, hopefully get an answer for this question.

Bump again but may message the source.
  • laila101
    laila101 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AllieCatz
    AllieCatz Posts: 26
    Options
    At the time I didn't have Old Fashioned Oats, only the Quick Oats and it still turned out really good. I made up a large batch in a bowl and scooped it into individual refrigerator bowls and added different flavored stuff to each for variety. One I added Capella Flavor Drops (very concentrated flavorings) Chocolate Fudge Brownie and banana, another I used real fruit strawberry jam, one was with reduced calorie maple syrup and a diced date. I also made one with Blueberry Crumble concentrated flavoring, fresh blueberries and stevia.

The last batch I made I used the Old Fashioned Oats and I'm not sure which I liked better, both were very good. I don't see why the steel cut wouldn't work. It might be a little more chewy but that's not bad.
  • lauramarie924
    Options
    Do u heat the oatmeal? Cold oatmeal doesn't really appeal to me but I would probably like it hot. thx!
  • fluffeesquirrel
    fluffeesquirrel Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Want to try this... :)
  • AllieCatz
    AllieCatz Posts: 26
    Options
    I eat it cold. I don't think it would taste very good hot and the yogurt might curdle?? It doesn't really taste like oatmeal cereal, more like an oatmeal cookie batter.
  • kuregisto
    kuregisto Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Mm.. I'm a fan of the ol' overnight oats. I haven't had them in awhile.. Maybe I'll put my chia seeds to use this week. :)