• rockinright
    rockinright Posts: 241
    Options
    I hope someone else clicks on this thinking it's about steroid use. :-\

I thought that too.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    For you juicers.....did you get the raw mouth/burning sensation?

I only drink one green drink a day and am noticing that when I eat almonds now, my tongue feels raw, other foods too. It has gotten better over the past few days, but just wondering if this is the "detox" thing I keep reading about?

I am not sure if it is part of the "detox" but your juice could either be to acidic (that makes my mouth a little raw) or you could be semi-allergic to something in your juice. I would just play around to see if it gets better.

Hope I helped :flowerforyou:
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options

I only drink one green drink a day and am noticing that when I eat almonds now, my tongue feels raw, other foods too. It has gotten better over the past few days, but just wondering if this is the "detox" thing I keep reading about?

I am not sure if it is part of the "detox" but your juice could either be to acidic (that makes my mouth a little raw) or you could be semi-allergic to something in your juice. I would just play around to see if it gets better.

Thanks ArtGeek22, I think I figured it out. I am going to experiment this week and I think its related to the Ginger root (too much). Live and learn I guess :happy:
  • hsubharas
    hsubharas Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    In reply to ljbennett's post-

I started juicing about 4 weeks ago. I love it. I usually just have one for breakfast and then eat healthy meals for lunch and dinner. My morning juice consists of cucumber, romaine, celery, parsley, lemon, apple, carrot, ginger, kale and spinach. Took me a while to get used to drinking "green drinks" but I love it now! Definitely helps wake me up in the morning. You can experiment with lots of different mixes. I would just make sure to use mostly vegetables, with a fruit or two mixed in.

I do one similar to this recipe only without the ginger. I add broccoli and it sure is green, but really yummy. Definitely do some experimenting. Good luck!
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options

I noticed the burning when I used ginger. I think I'm using too much
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    I started a thread awhile back about this after watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead at the recommendation of my mom, aunt and uncle. I haven't done it yet; however, they have. Although, I have seen no weight changes in them as of yet, they claim they have more energy and feel better physically, and mentally than they were before juicing.
  • KxK0509
    KxK0509 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    we juice things like ... cannabis...

Do they sell this at Whole Foods?
  • kbugsmeemaw
    kbugsmeemaw Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I found a how to count calories

Look up ingredients in calorie count. Make note of fiber amounts as well.
    Multiply the grams of fiber by 4 this will give you the fiber calories
    Subtract the amount of fiber calories from the total amount of calories.
  • nashai01
    Options
    I started a thread awhile back about this after watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead at the recommendation of my mom, aunt and uncle. I haven't done it yet; however, they have. Although, I have seen no weight changes in them as of yet, they claim they have more energy and feel better physically, and mentally than they were before juicing.

I have a coworker who juiced for I do beleive 14 days and she loss 18 pounds so far. I'm not juicing for meals so I don't expect to lose any weight.
  • nickyskins
    nickyskins Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I want a juicer
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    I was trying to find a palatable recipe to include beets because beets have tons of great nutrition but they smell like my grandfathers basement after he ate a can of peanuts so I found one in the big book of juices and I tweaked it a bit.

1 small apple
    1 small orange
    1/2 beet
    1 celery stalk
    3 carrots
    2 large kale leaves

It was good, the apple and orange definitely helped hide the flavor of the beet.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I hope someone else clicks on this thinking it's about steroid use. :-\

Lololol

I drink carrot juice with lunch everyday. Kale and green apples are great, too.

There's a doc called fat, sick and nearly dead, its very informative!
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options

Thanks ArtGeek22, I think I figured it out. I am going to experiment this week and I think its related to the Ginger root (too much). Live and learn I guess :happy:

Oh, yes to much ginger is terrible! Whenever I use ginger, the most I use is about 1 inch of ginger. Also, if you use things like kale and don't care for the taste to much, use lime and/or lemon. It really cuts the taste and give it a zing :smile:
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nashai01
    Options
    I was trying to find a palatable recipe to include beets because beets have tons of great nutrition but they smell like my grandfathers basement after he ate a can of peanuts so I found one in the big book of juices and I tweaked it a bit.

1 small apple
    1 small orange
    1/2 beet
    1 celery stalk
    3 carrots
    2 large kale leaves

It was good, the apple and orange definitely helped hide the flavor of the beet.

Lol at your descriptions of the smell. I will try this recipe
  • demeterlv
    demeterlv Posts: 6
    Options
    I LOVE juicing!! I too got converted by Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. I couldn't stop thinking about it after I saw it so I ended up getting a Breville also. I was having problems having enough time in the morning to make my juices for breakfast and lunch so I started having a juicing day on Sundays. I would make my juices by the serving and freeze them in freezer bags. I was worried about losing nutrients but I discovered that added a bit of citrus helps keep it fresh, when I unfreeze and drink they taste the same as if I'd just made them that morning. I don't keep them in the freezer for more than a week or two tops though.
  • bigdogc23
    bigdogc23 Posts: 66
    Options
    Oh man I thought this was a ROIDS posting.... Hmmmm... looks left, looks right..... slowly back at the door, turns around and runs!!!!!!
  • StarvingDiva
    Options

1 small apple
    1 small orange
    1/2 beet
    1 celery stalk
    3 carrots
    2 large kale leaves

Lol at your descriptions of the smell. I will try this recipe

HA! I did another beet juice the other day

1/2 beet
    3 apples

That was delicious. Could totally drink it, comes in around 222 calories.
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    we own a juicer but have slacked cause of the price of fruts and veggys here duringthe winter.... im commenting to i can come back and look at all the juicer ideas....it is great way to get a metter balanced diet..thank you for your post