30 Day Shred.....Lets Support Each Other!

Options

Replies

• nkechio23
    nkechio23 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I started this last week and it is a killer. Not sure how many calories it burns in those 20 minutes, does anybody know?

WHen I used my HRM level two for me ranges from about 120-145. Depending on how hard I work.
  • AnnaYESiCANdoIT
    AnnaYESiCANdoIT Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am going out and buying this today! Ive heard so many good things about it so I cant wait to start!!
  • nkechio23
    nkechio23 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Month 2...
    Beginning at level 2....I did level 1 for a month mixed with other workouts.

LEVEL 2, day 2...OMG....this is a killer change and more body weight incorporated...

My suggestion...
    Start with 5 lb weights and if its easy, go to 8 or 10lb. Lift heavy to result in loss of inches and tone. If you start a set and can do five reps with 10lb and back down to 8....its ok...dig deep....you can do this.
    Rest rest rest...your body must recover. ITS VERY IMPORTANT to allow healing and recovery. Injury is too common and it takes more than a day to heal.

Finish with a protien shake within 30 min....VERY IMPORTANT!

thus far...9.75" lost

MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE, and do not weigh if you can!
    Really stretch well at the end...
    Push through it...if you have to stop...keep moving in place...do not stop...

MOST OF ALL....GET A HRM...the numbers in here are off. Remember this is cardio combined with strength, and the calorie burn may be lower, but you will burn calories long after this workout, as with cardio, you will not.

WE GOT THIS LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started about a week and a half ago!! I admit I don't do it everyday but have been going to the gym to take strength training type classes. I feel like i have noticed a difference..

What is the importance of the protein shake??
  • trudi27
    trudi27 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    im going to attempt to do this again!!! last time i did upto day 6 and just gave up i always felt exhausted, i used to drop the kids off at school and do it about 9.30, im thinking maybe i should eat something as soon as i wake up so i have some energy.what do you guys think?
  • chasing135
    chasing135 Posts: 7
    Options
    I just started this yesterday. I've done 2 days so far using 5 lb weights. I'm sore already in my thighs and arms!
  • cheeky1095
    cheeky1095 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    im going to attempt to do this again!!! last time i did upto day 6 and just gave up i always felt exhausted, i used to drop the kids off at school and do it about 9.30, im thinking maybe i should eat something as soon as i wake up so i have some energy.what do you guys think?
    I think it's a case of the person when it concerns food, I used to eat at least 45 mins before doing the shred & by the end of it I would be feeling proper sick & then some for about 2 hours after. Now I eat after my workout & feel heaps better. I'm sure somebody on here could give you some advice for a pre-workout energy boost. Stick around & we will make sure you don't quit this time around :o)
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Level 1 is on youtube!! :)
  • jerseygirl08
    jerseygirl08 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 Day Shred this morning and my quads still feel a little like Jello :) Totally a great burn though!
  • ericadgood
    ericadgood Posts: 9
    Options
    Hey y'all -- this is my first day on Fitness Pal, and I'm actually joining to help me stay motivated. I'm on day 6 of the Shred, and unfortunately I have GAINED three pounds.

I know it's probably just water weight, but has anyone else had a similar experience?

I can feel myself getting more stamina, and I know that as bad as this is kicking my butt it has to be doing some good. It's just a bummer that the pants I've just started to fit back into are back in the drawer.
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    JBsCrazyGirl Posts: 337
    Options
    Alright,

confession time. :indifferent:

I started the 30day shred, :happy:

made it to day 8. :grumble:

I got so bored... :yawn: :sad:

but the worst part of me stopping was, I stopped something that was working. :mad:

But! I want to jump back on this wagon,
    and mix it up this time :wink:

So good luck everyone!
  • 1suzanne08
    1suzanne08 Posts: 1
    Options
    i started with 7lbs ... that seriously killed me sooo now im at 5 lbs.. i still cant do the side lungs with shoulder raises :$
  • waxingwaning
    Options
    I'm on day 6 now and I feel exactly the same! I'm pretty sure it's working, and my body is feeling better, but for some reason, I'm sitting on the sofa posting about it, when I know I haven't got much time left before I need to get ready and go to work...

Is anyone else having trouble getting bored with this, and how do you keep motivated? As it's only day 6 today I don't want to put myself off by measuring too early. Any tips?

Sarah :)
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    I'm on day 6 now and I feel exactly the same! I'm pretty sure it's working, and my body is feeling better, but for some reason, I'm sitting on the sofa posting about it, when I know I haven't got much time left before I need to get ready and go to work...

Is anyone else having trouble getting bored with this, and how do you keep motivated? As it's only day 6 today I don't want to put myself off by measuring too early. Any tips?

Sarah :)
    My body started feeling better after day 6, level 1 & I did start getting abit bored of the workout by day 7 but then I figured I only had 3 days left of level 1 then I would be going on to level 2 which believe me is a big change to level 1. The moves are different & harder so take longer for you to get the hang of & less time to get bored of. As your concentrating too hard on perfecting your moves to get maximum results.
    To stay motivated I bought a dress a size too small for me & try it on all the time, it didn't zip up when I bought it.....Now it does :smile: I just need to lose weight around my tummy so it isn't so 'clingy' but the shred has obv helped me lose some inches if the dress now zips up. I have also been on a countdown since day 1 to do a half way measure, I too didnt want to measure too soon as I knew I would bail out if I didn't see results. Tomorrow is my half way point (day 15) so I will take some measurements.
    Just keep telling yourself you put your body through pain for the first 3 days, still pushed through & got to day 6 so if you quit the pain was for nothing, it all pays off in the end. Only 4 more days (1hr 20 mins or exercise) to go until you are upto level 2. You can do this :smile:
  • Kay2405
    Kay2405 Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm starting my 30 day Shred today! I really hope it works. Heard lots of good reviews about it so far :)
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    After the way my back and thighs were yesterday I was shocked how easily I crawled out of bed this morning. :) Back is fine and thighs are only a bit sore. My shoulders are a whole other story sadly! Time to go do battle with Jillian and see how far I get before I my arms give up (and I'm determined to get to the end!).
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Feel free to read my blog which reports my shred progress from day one. I finished my shred yesterday and will be writing my final blog post later today.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/dej1978

Happy shredding!!
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I started this about 10 days ago, but I pulled an tummy muscle and its taking a while to heal. I feel ready to start again but this time im making sure I have a mat as I dont think working out on a hard floor is good for me.
    Also collecting some weights from argos tonight.

I know this might have already been asked but how are people recording 30ds in their exercise diary? I cannot figure out how to do it.

Im also going to be going to the gym 2-3 times a week to do extra weights, im already seeing results from this so dont want to give it us.

Thanks
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    I started this about 10 days ago, but I pulled an tummy muscle and its taking a while to heal. I feel ready to start again but this time im making sure I have a mat as I dont think working out on a hard floor is good for me.
    Also collecting some weights from argos tonight.

I know this might have already been asked but how are people recording 30ds in their exercise diary? I cannot figure out how to do it.

Im also going to be going to the gym 2-3 times a week to do extra weights, im already seeing results from this so dont want to give it us.

Thanks
    Circuit Training, General. Unless you have a HRM then you can add the exercise & your calorie burn yourself.
    MFP don't have the 30 Day Shred in their database>
  • dariadoll
    dariadoll Posts: 18
    Options
    I started it yesterday and my god I can see why you can lose 20lbs in 30 days!!! KILLER!!!

But will be so worth it :D Keep up the good work, peeps!
  • sunnie326
    sunnie326 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    :smile: hye, thanks Cheeky, imma do that, although I failed to get my lard *kitten* up this morning to do it, tomorrow back on it. Still on level one at the moment, tryna keep up. Large breasts + jumping jacks = x_x (can't watch face) LOL
    Haha I know exactly what you mean, I too am big up top. I wear normal bra with sports bra over top & there is still no controlling them LMAO

I cuss Jillian every single time I have to do the jumping jacks. She obviously has no idea what it is like to be big up top trying to do those hideous exercises. :) Grrrr..... I do them, but I don't like it!!!