I will never look good in a bikini.

Options

Replies

• PurplePookie
    PurplePookie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    And I'm totally bummed about it.

I'm 25ish pounds from my goal, even when I lose all of it I wont be able to get into a bikini. Why? Because I have horrible stretch marks from my pregnancy. They're boobs to calves. :( I have tried all sorts of stretch mark cremes and none of that work.

Is anyone in the same boat?

I am and I know how you feel. I have stretch marks both from children and being really fat and have no plans to wear a bikini EVER. That said, I'm not even close to being 25lbs away from my goal (way to go by the way!) so it's a non issue for me. I love the advice people are giving though and agree - I'm sure you'd look awesome in whatever you want to wear. Go for it!
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Believe me every woman has stretch marks somewhere on their body :) I have them from my 3 babies but I know I have earned them and I will rock my bikini and be proud as should you. You are gorgeous and all that matters is what you think :) Believe me with your beautiful face no one will be looking at your stomach hunny!
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have made peace with the fact that I will never look good in a 2 piece, but I'm ok with it. I haven't had kids, but I did way over 300 lbs and I'm pretty sure my stomach will be wrecked forever. At this point I just want to be healthy.
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Wish MFP would add a "Like" button...cause seriously...every single response deserves a HUGE LIKE!, if anyone ever asks you, just tell em, these are "nature tattoos" I wear them with PRIDE!...
    Love this :)
  • bartlett5
    bartlett5 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks from my boobs down to my inner thighs. I'll still one day wear a bikini. I'm 15-20 pounds from my weight loss ultimate goal. I'm waiting for my tummy to flatten up more before I attempted it again, I tried one on and while it wasn't horrible, I am still not ready yet.

sst.jpg

Under the pants is bad though, I have had 2 c-sections and the mommy tummy will probably be my last place to go. My stretch marks have lightened up a lot, but they will never go away. However I've learned to accept them. If someone has a problem with it, they can kiss my butt! I worked my butt off and you better believe I'll be in a bikini one day. My stretch marks are a reminder of my babies... I'm not ashamed of them!
  • ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    I will WEAR a 2 piece bathing suit even if my belly looks like I have been mauled by a lion & a tiger. I carried a human being inside my belly. I am not a Hollywood plastic. I am a woman who GAVE birth to a healthy 7lbs 14 ounces child.

I say, wear it PROUDLY.

I was walking around in 2 piece after my baby came out. Belly hanging & all.
  • him1025
    him1025 Posts: 44
    Options
    i complain to my hubby about my stretch marks all the time and he said honey guys dont notice them lol find a bikini your comfy in and you wont notice them either. ive had 3 kids and im currently hefty i have found for me that i feel more comfy ina high waisted bikini that covers my belly and i wear a string top
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I also think that I will never be able to look good in a bikini.. not because of my stretch marks but of the loose skin :grumble: Hopefully when I'm to my "goal weight" and with lost of strength work it will look a whole lot better than it does but I doubt it will be flat again.
  • littlebluej
    littlebluej Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Practically anyone has/can get stretch marks. I have them on my boobs, hips, and thighs. My boyfriend looks like a tiger, as he has them all over his back, some on arms/shoulders, legs, butt, etc (he lifts weights and is currently in a bulking phase).

I totally understand how you can feel self-conscious about your stretch marks. Seriously though, almost everyone has or can get them. It's a part of life. I'm self-conscious about some of my scars from surgeries. But it's not as though someone is going to come up to you and scrutinize you because you have them! And if someone does, you can punch them in the face :tongue: :happy:
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks don't mean you won't look good. Stretch marks aren't ugly. Most people have them.
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I have stertch marks. And just ordered another bikini from VS. My body shape looks best in a bikini. So that's what I wear. No one notices them as much as you do. I say wear that bikini!!!
  • MIchelleH2027
    MIchelleH2027 Posts: 1,239 Member
    Options
    Once you stop caring about what other people think of you, you'll enjoy life more. There are far more worse people wearing things they shouldn't.

Wear it.
    ^^^^^Love it! I couldn't agree more!^^^^
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Once you stop caring about what other people think of you, you'll enjoy life more. There are far more worse people wearing things they shouldn't.

Wear it.
    THIS!:heart:
  • moskinnny
    moskinnny Posts: 118
    Options
    does not matter...........if they dont like it, they dont have to look. Rock the bikini and never mind what the other think!! Im gonna put on a two piece for the first time (in 15 years) this weekend and my belly still has skin and stretch marks.....and im also rockin an artificial leg, so there. I put in alot of hard work to lose my weight and so have you.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. A 8lb 8 oz baby and a 10lb 5oz baby 3 years later are to blame! I have them on my arms, legs, stomach, pretty much anywhere you can get them. I dont know that I will ever wear a bikini but 15lbs from now I sure will be tempted!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I have never, ever worn a bikini. I prefer to cover my stomach. If you really want to wear one, just do it. I think I'll stick to something that covers me a little more. I'm also a little upset about my stretchmarks. ._.
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    stretch marks??? I have stretch marks and a huge scar from a vesicle surgery!!! but I dont care!! Im going to the beach and have my two bikini pieces!!!!!!!!!!!! and Im sure Im hot on my bikini!!!!!!! :love:
    Maybe you need more confidence in yourself!!! never mind what the other think about you!!
  • mrsejennings
    mrsejennings Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I feel ya.... After 3 kids and yo-yo weight loss... I look awful.

*RANDOM!* I see this profile pick and your after photo looks amazing!
  • mrsejennings
    mrsejennings Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I had bad stretch marks with my kid too. I have noticed they have gotten alot less noticable over the 3 years. ALSO I notice them less with the weight I am loosing. I think spray tan would be a good idea too (boo on skin cancer!) ALSO - Watch it on the vitamin E. Try it in a small place on your body. I found out I was allergic to vitamin E the hard way following that advice. Wait and see after those 25 lbs how you feel.