2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Hey ladies, I've been MIA for a couple days, but am back! :) Today I was planning a 3 or 4 mile run on the treadmill, but Blake had other plans. He was just screaming for about 10 minutes straight, so I had to stop after running just one mile. I really wanted to do more because Sunday was a planned rest day and yesterday was an unintentional one--I had my 6 week post partum check up and had a Mirena IUD placed. I didn't expect to be so crampy afterwards, but I just felt yucky and didn't work out. So my wimpy 1 mile run today makes me 1/7 for the week.

Blake is crying yet again, so gotta run. Hope you're all having a fabulous week!!!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    I hope your little guy is not coming down with something Heather! You will find the time and energy get in the fitness!

WOW Deb your schedule sounds tiring!!!

Way to run thinktank!!!

My 3/7 exercise was 2 half mile potty walks with the dogs, JMBR workout 6 and a 3 mile jog!!
  • jl20whyd
    jl20whyd Posts: 79 Member
    Hi everyone!

I got my 3/7 in tonight with an intense workout, but just barely. I really didn't want to work out at all today as I was feeling quiet sluggish. I was trying to justify not working out tonight when Emily, my 6yo, tells me I have to. When I asked her why she explained that I needed to get "skinny" to have a baby. That pushed me enough to get moving and then once I started I really pushed myself. I guess I just didn't want to let anyone down.

Where do you guys find the strength to workout, even if just a little, when it is just an "off" day?
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Hey group! LAst nights game was a win... but it was a very stressful game, the score just kept flip floppin :noway: My son pitched and ran into some trouble in the 4th inning, he walked bases loaded :huh: , and they took him off the mound, then the reliever got him out of that and did well the next 2 innings.. then he ran into some trouble, loaded bases and had only 1 out... the other team started coming back... this was a conference game so it was an important one to win... so they threw my son back on the mound for the last 2 outs... he came in with runners on 2nd and third.... oh gosh! He did manage to do it... but I don't even know how he deals with the stress:grumble:
    By the time I got finished cleaning the concession stand, came home... and sat down it was 10:30... adn I was having dinner?????? I had a pork loin roast and red potatoes cooking int he crock pot... thank goodness.... but what a horrible time to eat!

jl20... way to get it in when you didn't feel like it! I do as you did... I tell myself, just 10 minutes and usually once I get going... I always want to do more!.....
    Verda... OMG! Your workouts are still killer... thanks for the motivation..... I want to be as tough as you some day!!
    Heather.... HUgs to Blake... hate to hear he has been a bit on the fussy side... a growth spurt maybe??? My little guy was like that.. I know you mentioned he nursed all the time....
    Great run Aila!!!!!
    One more cup of coffee and off to purchase supplies for here and the diamond....
    Verda.. today I am tired! Wednesday :frown: :yawn:
  • thinktank32k
    thinktank32k Posts: 716
    Thanks everyone.

I was going to log yesterday and have no idea when I feel asleep. Yesterday I did spin class for 20 miles. ANd when I say it was intense OMG it was intense. The floor under me was wet from me sweating, but cant complain about a good workout.

Thanks for all the motivation. I look forward to reading everyone's post daily. It keeps me doing something, and feeling connected to others on the same journey.
  • wanna_be_fit
    I meant to welcome you jl20--congrats on finding the best thread on this site! :wink:

Aila--you are consistently killing it!! I hope your wedding dress doesn't fall off of you on the big day!!! :wink:

Verda and Debra you guys must be the busiest ladies around, and the fact that you consistently make time to work out is so admirable. And jl20--that's part of what keeps me motivated to work out when I am physically capable, but just making excuses. These ladies on this thread are great, and if I don't post for awhile I know (at least I hope!) I'll hear from these ladies!

As for me, I'm 2/7 today with a 4 mile run on my treadmill at 6mph. I'm happy to say that my average HR is consistently getting lower when I run. I think my body is finally accepting the fact that this running thing isn't going away, and it may as well buck up and get in shape!

As for my Blake saga, he has been REALLY fussy lately, and I think part is my fault. I've been basically letting him nurse on demand--even if it means every 1 1/2 to 2 hours, so he's probably not eating enough at a time to ever get really full. He's NEVER slept more than 3 hours at a time, and that is a rarity--usually he just sleeps 2 hour blocks. But now that he is gaining weight well (at least I'm assuming since he's finally outgrown his newborn jammies!) I'm trying something new--I'm making him wait at least 2 1/2 or 3 hours between feeds, and hope to gradually push him to 4 hours. I haven't had more than 2 or 3 hours of consecutive sleep in 6 weeks so something has to happen!!! I want to cry when I hear him crying for more than 5 or 10 minutes, but I know he won't die from crying!

Okay, sorry for the rant. :wink: Hope you guys are having a fabulous Wednesday!!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    1/7 20 min of walking
    2/7 with 2 miles walk jog
    This has a been a slow 2 weeks for me. My grams has been in and out of the hospital with congestive heart failure, pneumonia and now kidney failure. But I remember exercise cures the blues.

Welcome Jl20.
  • vhuber
    Ivy, hugs girl!!!!

My 4/7 was 9 miles of walking and biking!
  • makeitallsue
    aila.... 20 miles, gulp...spin class.... OMG! I bow to you!!! Way to go!
    Heather...amazing run!! Hoping Blake adjust quickly.... gosh, I remember the days... you are waaaaaaayyyy ahead of the game with your plan of action. I don't want to bust your bubble... but those tiny little boys can eat! haha.... my guy was the same way.... always hungry, always nursing... and I am afraid he has never stopped :noway: ... he is now 14, 6ft 2", 175 #s and wears a size 14 shoe :laugh: :laugh: with no signs of slowing down..... :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Hugs Momma!

Oh Ivy, I had wondered if things were going well... hate to hear of your stress. Glad you are getting the exercise in.... and thank you for reminding me about exercise curing the blues.... Yesterday I threw that thought out the window! :blushing:
    Verda.... great workout! School about over for you????

I am not doing so well this week... stuck at 3/7.. I had a bad day yesterday , first with daughter, then with a coach.... I was suppose to get supplies for the ball park, but with all the hassel about uniforms... right in the middle of my day... I never made it anywhere..... I ended up having a drink...ok... several drinks and helped my husband take some skids apart, pulling out staples... the only good thing about yesterday... the sun was shining and it was beautiful. I should of exercise instead of having a drink... I was just fed up!
    I am dressed for exercise and will jump on elliptical this morning... game tonight... might not be back on until morning.

:flowerforyou: :drinker: Have a great day!
  • jl20whyd
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. And actually I do find it to be one of the best threads on the site...lol!

Yesterday I got in my 4/7 with light strength training and yoga. I needed it after Tuesdays intense workout. Although I didn't necessairly burn many calories I allowed my body rest to gear up for todays workout.

Ivy, I am very sorry about your grandma.
  • makeitallsue
    3/7 today with elliptical workout and a small run to the crossroad... now to finish the rest of my list!
  • ivykivy
    3/7 25 min on treadmill
  • vhuber
    5/7 with a 5 a.m. walk with my furrries and this evening I got in my Body Rev workout!
  • jl20whyd
    5/7 in yesterday. Went on slow walk with mother during lunch. Then another slow walk with mom and sister when they were dropping off the kiddos. (My kids love visiting grandma and their tia). Then on a faster walk with just my sister, but she had flip-flops and really couldn't move as fast as I expected her to. So finally to work up a real sweat got on the tredmill for 25 minutes. All in all went about 4 miles.
  • makeitallsue
    Way to break it up and get that fitness in alllll day jl20!

I got in 45 mins o weight training yesterday, making me 4/7... then drove 2 1/2 hours south for a baseball game... got our pants handed to us and 2 1/2 hours back.... the only good thing about the day.. we played in a minor league stadium and it was pretty neat!
    trying to wake up today and will get a good sweat going!
  • thinktank32k
    thinktank32k Posts: 716
    Happy saturday,
    Yesterday was a rest day. Today I am 6/7 with a 4.1 mile run early this morning. Hope everyone is great. The weekend is very busy with bridal shower, jewelry party, and friends in town. So my entries will be short.
  • vhuber
    SOOOOOO exciting Aila!!! Enjoy all this, I hope it only happens once in your lifetime!!!

Fri. (6/7) was JMBR in the morning and Sat (7/7) was a 3 mile run with the furries!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Happy Saturday everyone!! Yesterday I was 3/7 with an easy 35 minutes on my elliptical and today I'm 4/7 with a 5K race this morning. I don't have the official results yet, but according to my watch I finished in about 33 minutes. Not too bad for my first race in a very long time. Hubby pushed the kiddos in the double stroller and took a break to give Blake a bottle, and still finished in 31 minutes. He is a machine! I need to continue to work on speed and distance, but that will come.

Gotta run--needy kiddos today! Hope everyone is having an excellent weekend! :smile:
  • ivykivy
    4/7 for today. Went for a walk.
  • vhuber
    Way to go Heather!!! You are one rockin momma!!

My 1/7 so far has been a 15 mile bike ride!!!