Need to lose weight in one day!!

Options

Replies

• DisneySkaGirl
    DisneySkaGirl Posts: 161
    Options
    Okay, I have a dress I fit in but I need an extra push on the weight loss for tonight. I drank enough water to drown-in to get rid of any potential water weight gain. I started 24 hour fast at noon. Can anyone think of anything else or is this about the maximum I can do? I suppose I can do a spinning class tonight but I will have to at least eat an apple two hours before or I won't be able to give much effort. Any tried and true tips are appreciated.:bigsmile:

Please no responses from the "don't do under 1200 calorie crowd". I have some available fat so my body will not go into starvation mode. Fasting occasionally is good for the body anyway.

I read in Good Housing keeping that reducing your Calories to 500 - 800 calories a day can
    Eat something light, Like an apple and some yogurt and do gentle toning exercises and go for a walk somewhere to burn a few cals , It might not help very much but then it might depending on the area you want to lose the inches from. Fasting for a few days at a time, can be beneficial to your body.

Soley out of curiousity, how us fasting for a dew days beneficial? Ive never hear of this until now. (not being fecicious, seriously want to know)

I read in Good Housekeeping, an article called The A-Z guide to a healthier, happier you. And it states that lowering your calories to 500-800 calories a day. ( So technically a detox) it says that Professor Mark Mattson suggests that intermittent fasting can lead to a drop in blood sugar levels and a fall in the hormones linked to cancer and diabetes and lowers the harmful blood fats. and also triggers a protective process in the brain and that potentionally help against Alzheimers and Parkinsons disease.

I could be wrong, but I believe that intermittent fasting (IF) is not fasting for days at a time, but restrciting your food intake to fall within a certain window during the day. A lot of paleo folks do this in conjunction with that lifestyle. If does have to do with blood sugar, but more from only have certain times in the day where you eat, versus having highs and lows throughout the entire day. But someone please correct me if I am wrong.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    well, it's not healthy but in an emergency and for one day only you can take diuretics and drink water and black coffee. You should be able to lose enough water and empty your colon enough to go down one size. But watch drinking alcohol like this because you will already be severly dehydrated and can get really sick! And for the record...I am not advocating this as a healthy diet tip!!!

Thank, yes, its just for a day... thank you for taking the time to give a thoughtful response.

omgosh...........you are so smart! Please friend me if you don't mind.

Okay, so the diuretic and dehydrate yourself club get "thank you for your thoughtful responses," but the healthier alternative Spanx crowd gets ignored? Yeah... that makes sense.

You don't need to make weight like a wrestler does. They can't wear Spanx to meet their weight class. However, YOU can wear Spanx to look better in a dress that "fits." So throw the dangerous stuff out the window and go shopping. They sell generic Spanx cheaper as well if you cannot afford the official brand.

Well she did specifically ask about losing weight quickly, not about what kinds of clothing you can wear to appear thinner. And she also specifically asked for people *not* to lecture her on the super super dangerous idea of not eating for 24 hours... Maybe she's secretly an amateur body builder looking for cutting tips and the dress thing is a ruse? Who knows, but maybe answer her question instead of making up a new one for her.

Must be one helluva dress.

I can get a new dress. Can't get new internal organs, though. I say, fast. More food for me.
  • nasja1984
    nasja1984 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Maybe cut off a leg. I heard that works. Or shave your head. That is what the wrestlers used to do in high school

Nice
  • gleechick609
    gleechick609 Posts: 551
    Options
    I would try the Sue Sylvester master cleanse!

A concoction that is prepared out of maple syrup (supplies glucose), water, lemon juice (for acid), cayenne pepper ( to have the bowels irritated) and a bit of a vomiting agent, ipecac.

SueSylvester-Glee.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    haha
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    lol, so much hate in this thread. Believe it or not people actually cut weight all the time for things like body building competitions and any event with a weigh in. It's not great for your immediate state of well being but there are no lasting side effects. Animals don't eat 3 squares a day, and humans were just like them not long ago.

Is wearing a dress a stupid reason to intentionally dehydrate yourself? In my opinion yes, but who is to say? Not I.

I was going to suggest googling how to cut weight, MMA fighters drop about 8-12 pounds right before a weigh in and put it all back hours later since it's all water and the like.

But instead I'll suggest you find a tailor. Then you can wear that dress and not drive yourself mental by jogging in saran wrap and hitting a sauna for 12 hours
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't think your body will change much in one day... no matter what you do.

This. Find a different dress or invest in Spanx.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    lmao
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    Poop with all of your might!

Bahahahaha. These make me chuckle. :drinker:
  • nasja1984
    Options
    Maybe cut off a leg. I heard that works. Or shave your head. That is what the wrestlers used to do in high school

?
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    Okay, I have a dress I fit in but I need an extra push on the weight loss for tonight. I drank enough water to drown-in to get rid of any potential water weight gain. I started 24 hour fast at noon. Can anyone think of anything else or is this about the maximum I can do? I suppose I can do a spinning class tonight but I will have to at least eat an apple two hours before or I won't be able to give much effort. Any tried and true tips are appreciated.:bigsmile:

Please no responses from the "don't do under 1200 calorie crowd". I have some available fat so my body will not go into starvation mode. Fasting occasionally is good for the body anyway.

Good luck with that. Let us know how it works out
  • stacie48
    stacie48 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Go have a weight loss wrap done. I have done this and it does work!!!!
  • nasja1984
    Options
    lol, so much hate in this thread. Believe it or not people actually cut weight all the time for things like body building competitions and any event with a weigh in. It's not great for your immediate state of well being but there are no lasting side effects. Animals don't eat 3 squares a day, and humans were just like them not long ago.

Is wearing a dress a stupid reason to intentionally dehydrate yourself? In my opinion yes, but who is to say? Not I.

I was going to suggest googling how to cut weight, MMA fighters drop about 8-12 pounds right before a weigh in and put it all back hours later since it's all water and the like.

But instead I'll suggest you find a tailor. Then you can wear that dress and not drive yourself mental by jogging in saran wrap and hitting a sauna for 12 hours

it had nothing to do with the dress. I don't know why i mentioned the damn dress. I accidentally ate way too much sodium yesterday and I drank a ton of water today to make uip for it. I just want to not have a hint of bloat.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Poop with all of your might!

Bahahahaha. These make me chuckle. :drinker:

Dehydrated, hungry, and hemorrhoidal...READY TO PARTAY!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I would try the Sue Sylvester master cleanse!

A concoction that is prepared out of maple syrup (supplies glucose), water, lemon juice (for acid), cayenne pepper ( to have the bowels irritated) and a bit of a vomiting agent, ipecac.

SueSylvester-Glee.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    nxkih3jpg.gif
  • nasja1984
    Options
    Go have a weight loss wrap done. I have done this and it does work!!!!

Thank you Stacie, I will do this, I've seen a few mention this and I've never done it.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Shave every inch of your body? I'm sure that will take off a minuscule amount of weight.
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    Hmm maybe she plans on getting some *kitten* after the event, and doesn't want somebody to see that she was wearing spanx haha. If that is the case the person wont care, because they are getting some *kitten* too!

I've obtained some mighty fine *kitten* wearing Spanx. I was like a sausage coming out of it's casing. Delicious..
  • KristaPetraitis
    KristaPetraitis Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm calling "troll" on this one.
  • kasha083
    kasha083 Posts: 3
    Options
    thats actually the best idea! (: