A food that people might think is gross that you love

Options

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I live in the US, so people can't understand my love of Marmite and black sausage. I also don't bother to peel kiwis.

I never peel them either. I thought the skin was supposed to be good for you

Eeeewwwww, the texture of kiwi skin creeps me out, just the thought of eating it makes me gag! Peaches too, I can't tough peachskin without getting goosebumps.

My husband thinks I like lots of gross stuff (like peanut butter and banana sandwiches, jam and cheese on toast and anything sweet), but then he's a freak who hates cakes/biscuits/desserts, the only sweet stuff he eats is fruit - and sugar in his coffee (odd!).
    Although I think he's crazy, it's very good for me because I never have dessert at home unless we have company or he is away.
  • Changing__Christina
    Options
    When I was growing up, my dad tried and tried to get me to eat his favorite sandwich. Years and years went by, then I finally gave in! MMmmmm!

Bologna and Grape Jelly sammich is my favorite!
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Feta cheese and watermelon. So good!
  • zeldalemons
    zeldalemons Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    milk with pancake syrup in it

i like this too. pancake syrup in anything is just awesome.
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    BBQ chips dipped in Ketchup. Best. Thing. Ever.
  • kittycraft
    kittycraft Posts: 17
    Options
    I really like grapefruits. My boyfriend doesn't understand.
    Not too exotic, but eh.
  • prettycollie
    prettycollie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Okra, Zucchini, and yogurt
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    mac and cheese with plain applesauce! been eating it since I was a kid... yummm! :bigsmile:
  • prettycollie
    prettycollie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    BBQ chips dipped in Ketchup. Best. Thing. Ever.

Now that sounds interesting!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches

My AP biology teacher loved peanut butter and pickle sandwiches.

Strange thing I like, grapes with sharp cheddar. Yum.
  • gonnabethinandfit
    gonnabethinandfit Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A spoonful of cream cheese. people think it's weird but it's my biggest addiction. I also frequently have slices of cucumber with cottage cheese on top with some pepper or vinegar.. fools me into thinking its a cracker but sooo much healthier ;)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I live in the US, so people can't understand my love of Marmite and black sausage. I also don't bother to peel kiwis.

I never peel them either. I thought the skin was supposed to be good for you

Eeeewwwww, the texture of kiwi skin creeps me out, just the thought of eating it makes me gag! Peaches too, I can't tough peachskin without getting goosebumps.

My husband thinks I like lots of gross stuff (like peanut butter and banana sandwiches, jam and cheese on toast and anything sweet), but then he's a freak who hates cakes/biscuits/desserts, the only sweet stuff he eats is fruit - and sugar in his coffee (odd!).
    Although I think he's crazy, it's very good for me because I never have dessert at home unless we have company or he is away.

texture of kiwi skin = texture of my legs if I forget to shave them for a week.
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts and liverwurst.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Chitlins (Pork Chitterlines)...with hot sauce :drinker: :tongue:
  • PhenomeNae
    PhenomeNae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Beef tongue, and beef cheeks. The tongue can be done several ways. The cheeks are best braised for a very long time and either served like roast beef with mashed potatoes, or shredded and put into corn tortillas soft taco style with some onion, cilantro, and lime juice. Mmm, makes me hungry just thinking about it.

omg lengua in chile verde *drools*
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Wasa crackers- Cardboard some say. I love that they never go stale and that I never overeat them.

I like to spread laughing cow cheese over my cardboard...YUM!

9821387.png
  • irenep22
    irenep22 Posts: 59
    Options
    scrambled eggs with ketchup.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    spam and mayo sandwhich

I love SPAM. It came from being poor and finding a can in the pantry while pregnant. I go with mustard though.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm Blutwurst!! Otherwise known as german blood sausage.
    Actually, Im not sure I could eat it now. growing up with a German grandma - I ate it a lot. And loved it.
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I like to dip my Ruffles Potato Chips in Yellow Mustard.

Put a warm piece of cornbread in a cup and pour milk over it...YUM!

Insert popcorn in mouth and then take a bite out of a big juicy pickle...soooo freakin' good!

I dip my french fries in my chocolate shake

9821387.png