30 Day Shred.....Lets Support Each Other!

Options

Replies

• debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Today was Day 6 and I was GUNG HO to do it today after waking up this morning to find I had lost almost three pounds.

I gained two pounds and a bunch of inches the first few days and tried to muscle through that sense of discouragement you get when the numbers don't move let alone go in the wrong direction! I went from 181.4 at the start up to 183, dropped to 182 again on Day 3, woke up this morning...

178.8 and the inches I gained are gone. I can't even begin to express the level of lunacy that was apparent in my happy dance after that one, let me tell you. I didn't count all 3.2 of the lbs since I was 180 at 6:30 am and 178.8 at my normal wake up time a couple hours later, but WHATEVER!! I'm in the 170's!!!

AAAAAAAHHH!
    Happy Dance with you! Good for you!
  • Zonera15
    Zonera15 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just did Day 1 today, and I don't know but I feel like I didn't do it right? I'm not that sore and I was hoping for more soreness lol. Any tips or advice? Is this normal? Thanks guys! I hope I get the same results as you guys! :)
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    oh just wait till you wake up tomorrow :) You will feel it, promise!!
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 1 and I can already feel it, my arms and legs feel like a wet noodle lol
  • Zonera15
    Options
    I can't wait until Day 2! I feel like now that I know what all the video is comprised of, I'll be able to do it better and hopefully be more sore haha
  • lucmama
    lucmama Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just finished ten days on L1 and did L2 this evening. Even though I was drenched in sweat I felt L2 was much easier for some reason. Perhaps it was because L1 is so hard on your knees (mine are not good). I'm down 4 lbs with 5 more to go and my clothes fit so much better! (My PRE-pregnancy jeans are too big!) Looking forward to the more intense ab workout on L2 as L1 was kind of so so. Keep up the good work everyone!
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the progress Lucmama!

I start day 1 level 3 tomorrow....watched a preview this evening, and it looks tough, but definitely doable!! Good luck everyone and keep at it!
  • LarMc23
    LarMc23 Posts: 2
    Options
    Ok, I must have been WAY out of shape when I did the 30DS for the first time... I couldn't walk normal and squating to use the toilet was my biggest fear of the day!!!

I've been doing Tae Bo and running 3-7 days a week since, so I should be built up enough to all of ya'lls status to not complaining!! Here's hoping!!
  • LFiestan
    LFiestan Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I wanted to start this, but my friend advised me that i shouldnt start yet because im still big, that i should start when i reach 85-80kgs to avoid injuries (im currently 96kg)

any opinions?
  • cheeky1095
    cheeky1095 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I wanted to start this, but my friend advised me that i shouldnt start yet because im still big, that i should start when i reach 85-80kgs to avoid injuries (im currently 96kg)

any opinions?
    I think you should do it, there are 2 people on the dvd. 1 doing easy moves for beginers & 1 doing the full on hardcore moves for the advanced. I am not small by any means, I started this workout 18 days ago & could only do the beginers moves at first, now I am strong enough to incorporate some of the advanced moves too & this is only thanks to the workout building up my stamina. At the end of the day you do what you can, at your own pace. You don't have to do it for 30 days solid, you can take rest days. I know people that only do it for 5 days in the week then take weekends off & I bet once you start you will have the love/hate relationship with the workout like the majority of us do :laugh:
  • Mary_Kate
    Mary_Kate Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Day 7 of Level 1 completed and I was a sweaty betty after that today. Can do all the exercises, even all of the bicycle crunches which were super tough for me at the beginning but I still can't do the push-ups at the beginning. Can do about 5 or 6 and then I am dead on the ground. Anyone else with this problem? What exercise do you do instead?
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options

any opinions?

That advice is BUPKIS!!! I was afraid to start taking the Aerial silks classes because I thought I was still too big, but after three months of classes, I can haul my butt up them bad boys like it's my job! Wouldn't be able to do it now if I hadn't just started, just gone ahead and done it. Anyone telling you you have to jump through a hoop before you can do something, or worse, telling you you're too big to exercise is a source of BAD advice.

Ignore em! Give it a go. It might be hard, but it will be worth it and you'll drop inches and weight like nobody's business if you stick to it.
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Day 7 of Level 1 completed and I was a sweaty betty after that today. Can do all the exercises, even all of the bicycle crunches which were super tough for me at the beginning but I still can't do the push-ups at the beginning. Can do about 5 or 6 and then I am dead on the ground. Anyone else with this problem? What exercise do you do instead?

I can destroy the ab work, but the push ups I can only do a couple in regular and then have to do the rest in modified and I don't see that changing too soon. The thing that REALLY gets me are those dang jumpropes and the freakin shoulder raises. Still can't do every single one.

I'm on Day 7 too. About to go do it as we speak...
  • cheeky1095
    cheeky1095 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Im still doing lady pushups & I'm nearly at level 3. I just don't think my body was made to do pushups, no matter what size I am. I used to be a UK size 10, weigh 10 stone & I still couldn't do a push up. My shoulders can't handle it :laugh:
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Day 2and completed! Jillian is kicking my *kitten* in the best way lol. My arms are shaking! Can't wait til tomorrow. I find that chocolate milk right after and then some swimming really helps with the soreness. Good luck everyone! If anyone wants to add me feel free. Lets motivate each other :-)
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Where can you find level two online.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I just did my first day of it!! It was definitely intense! I kept yelling that I hated her! LOL. Question though, how do you ladies input it into your exercise for MFP? I'm confused as to what I should put down...
  • dlpnrn2b
    Options
    I am on day 23 and my measurements from April 23rd (day 1 of level 1) till today, I have lost about 6 lbs and 16 inches total.. I can not wait to see the end numbers!!
  • Zonera15
    Options
    I am on day 23 and my measurements from April 23rd (day 1 of level 1) till today, I have lost about 6 lbs and 16 inches total.. I can not wait to see the end numbers!!

Nice numbers dlpnrn2b! I just finished day 2 like a minute ago and it went well! I did the elliptical as well prior to the workout and this was a good workout as far as heart rate is concerned! I hope I have similar numbers as you! My biggest fear is going through this without any results. Hopefully, I can finish this on time and get nice numbers too! Wish me luck!
  • dlpnrn2b
    Options

Nice numbers dlpnrn2b! I just finished day 2 like a minute ago and it went well! I did the elliptical as well prior to the workout and this was a good workout as far as heart rate is concerned! I hope I have similar numbers as you! My biggest fear is going through this without any results. Hopefully, I can finish this on time and get nice numbers too! Wish me luck!

You can do it!! The first 2-3 days of each level kill me but I think I am addicted to level 2.. level 3 has tons of planking.. O~M~G burn...but it's all worth it. I promise..keep at it!