Does anyone else NOT do a "cheat" day?

Options

Replies

• kristin_barone
    Options
    NEVER do cheat days!!! If you think about it... an entire "day" could ruin everything you've done and worked so hard for the entire week. I don't even believe in cheat meals. But I DO 100% believe that if you're body is craving something, then you should absolutely listen to it. The more you try to ignore a craving, the bigger, harder, and worse of a crash/binge you will end up having. So if your body is saying "i want that cookie", then have that ONE cookie, it's all about not overindulging and having willpower. YOU CAN DO IT and best of luck :)
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    I don't have a cheat day..I feel like if I did then I'd go back to my bad habits. I don't need a cheat day anyways because I still eat whatever I want just in moderation..I just added more veggies and fruits to my diet and cut out fast foods (not that I really ate it)
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    I don't do cheat days. I do have planned meals every so often that I account for ahead of time - birthdays, girls night out, etc. I work extra hard the day prior and day of, as well as next day, and HYDRATE, especially if alcohol is part of my 'treat' night.
  • GregB76
    GregB76 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't have a cheat day. I'm afraid of getting off track and not getting back on.
  • kpetty60
    kpetty60 Posts: 14
    Options
    No cheat day for me. I have to be honest about what goes in my stomach. I know that by cheating, I'll pay for it later.
  • HansTied
    HansTied Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I not saying that I Won't have one someday, but I have not had one yet. But then, it has only been 320 days or so...lol
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    on birthdays and holidays i eat whatever i want, drink whatever i want, sometimes i log it later for fun, but i don't count at all during the festivities

i have a small family so this accounts for maybe 8-10 days per year.

**last one i did log was over double my maintenance calories**

This method has worked for me
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    No I don't because I end up screwing up anyways! So why plan it and screw up extra, and on purpose lol :)
  • Sweet_Pea_82
    Sweet_Pea_82 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days. Like other people have posted, once I have "one" cheat day, it turns into two and three and then I'm eating all the junk and nothing healthy. But, if I want something (pizza, chocolate, chips) then I work it into my calories for the day. I don't go over and make sure I excersise. I think it is all about moderation. I don't like to cut things completely out. It is not like I am Never going to have another slice of pizza, so I might as well enjoy it and eat one or two instead of denying myself and then eating a whole large by myself. :flowerforyou:
  • mtarika
    mtarika Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I try not to have a cheat day because it is really hard for me to get back on track afterwards.
  • sweetmelissa40
    Options
    I don't have one. If i want something, I have to b able to fit it into my calories.
    I WILL NOT deprive myself. Deprivation sets a person up for failure.
    Just my opinion....
    Have a great day!! :glasses:
  • emuhawk
    emuhawk Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    No cheat days here. But I also don't restrict what types of food I eat on a daily basis - if it fits in my calorie budget and I want it, I eat it. Working well for me so far!
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to change our lifestyle, so we have cheat days but they're not scheduled. We'll eat out for birthdays, anniversaries, with visiting family... but we make sure to choose healthier option restaurants. I also plan ahead. Sundays I don't exercise, it's my day of rest, but if I can, I will eat extremely healthy the day before eating out and exercise a little longer than typical.

But I don't believe in cheat days because it insinuates the person is dieting, not changing their lifestyle which is the key to permanent weight loss and health.
  • JoyousJustine67
    JoyousJustine67 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have planed cheat days and sometimes i just eat LOL but i have worked hard so i am good with rewarding myself :)
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I have never had a "Cheat" day. But, I am a person who does not get cravings. If anything, I have to set an alarm to remind myself to eat. I know that's silly, but I do. I get busy doing other things and the time just flies by. Before I realize it, 2 meals have been passed by. If I felt like having a food item that would be considered a "Cheat", I would have it and work it into my macros.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    No, because it could become a cheat weak, or a cheat month.
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    It's interesting how differently people perceive a cheat day. For me, a controlled cheat will prevent long-term cheating or falling off the wagon. I really have to fight my all-or-nothing tendencies and it is very difficult for me to just work treats into my daily routine. THAT is what will send me off the rails. I either have to eat very strictly or let myself totally go, middle ground does not exist for me.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I do not have a cheat day. If I am craving something I work it into my calories and/or exercise my butt of that day. I am just curious, does anyone else not do a cheat day?
    I eat whatever I want and comp the calories with exercise.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

^^Same.
  • StephGodsPrincess
    StephGodsPrincess Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Once every two weeks I have a meal of something I wouldn't normally eat but really like but work it into my calorie count for the day.