Replies

• jem33199
    jem33199 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Vegan pizza, corn and watermelon. YUM!
  • nanasfaith
    nanasfaith Posts: 5
    Options
    Potluck Sloppy Joes...... Yum and healthy too.
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Late afternoon dinner at Ruby Tuesday's

Dockside Grill Trio w/brown rice pilaf and grilled zuchinni
    Strawberry Fizz

Ate half and brought half home for tomorrow or Tues. About 500 Cal with the drink. I have to tell you I am impressed that R T publishes the nutrional value of all their menu items. I had a very light lunch so I was prepared for the calorie intake. It was good.
  • rumpusparable
    rumpusparable Posts: 160
    Options
    Vegan dream jerky, mini spring rolls, strawberries
  • olivia327
    olivia327 Posts: 4
    Options
    A yummy Grilled Salmon Steaks ! How to make Grilled Salmon Steaks here at http://howtocooksalmon.korocook.com/2010/07/grilled-salmon-steaks.html !
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It's going to be last night's left overs - lemon chicken with either rice or pasta. It's dead easy to make and really delicious!

Lemon chicken

Slice one onion and one clove of garlic into fine slices. Cook in a non stick pan over a low-medium heat for 10 - 15 mins until it is golden and caramelised. Keep stirring so it does't burn, you can add a little splash or water or wine if it looks like it is going to stick too much. If you like to cook with oil, add a bit of olive oil with the onion and garlic.

Cut about 6 chicken thighs into 3 or 4 pieces and toss in a plastic bag with some plain flour, ground paprika, salt, pepper and pinch of dried tarragon. Add into the pan with the onion and cook until the outside of the chicken goes brown.

Add about a cup of chicken stock (salt reduced is good), a splash of white wine (optional), lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon juice. Stir it all around to get the brown caramelised bits of the bottom of the pan and cook it over a low heat until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce starts to thicken. Taste it and see if it needs more lemon juice. If it is too thick, add a bit more stock.

Add any veggies that you like - green beans, broccoli, red capsicum, zucchini are all good, put the lid on and let them steam for a few minutes until just cooked but still crisp.

Serve it just as it is, or with rice or pasta.

With my ingredients, this comes out at about 260 cals/serve without pasta or rice - but it will depend how much chicken you use per serve and whether you cook with oil or not.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Treating myself to some spinach and cheese tortellini with pasta sauce for dinner.
    Its been more than 3 months since I ate pasta! It's time.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    the yummiest grilled chicken salad i've ever had (from this beautiful italian little restaurant).
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    going to try and make homemade sweet and sour chicken baked in the oven. Never made it so not sure how it will turn out.

http://life-as-a-lofthouse.blogspot.de/2010/09/baked-sweet-and-sour-chicken-with-fried.html

Not going to bread it or fry it and adding stir fry veggies to it and eat with brown rice not fried rice. Hope it turns out okay because thats all I am making tonight and if the family doesn't like it they are eating hotdogs. :)
  • maikastar
    maikastar Posts: 78
    Options
    Thai lemongrass seafood (salmon, prawns and calamari) stirfried with lo-carb noodles, with a salad on the side
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    wholewheat pasta with grilled chicken red onions and a jar of salsa as the sauce!! it is so yummy and low cal to!! :)
  • HannahsReturnToFitness
    Options
    Sausage and butter bean casserole tonight made in the slow cooker. Accompanied by couscous.
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    egg whites and tomato soup.... woohoo!!
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I am having a chili turkey quarter pounder on a fresh ciabatta with lettuce, onion, tomato and some jalepeno relish, there will also be a small side portion of chips.

Yummy!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from yesterday - roast chicken and potatoes, yum!
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Fresh Tuna/Veg/Alredo
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    In the crock pot:

32 oz frozen turkey meatballs
    large can of crushed pineapple and the juice
    1/2 bottle of bbq sauce (I found the lowest sugar content one I could find)

4 hrs on low. Served over rice.
    It was YUMMY!
  • cateyjo
    cateyjo Posts: 108
    Options
    chicken and barbecue sauce in the slow cooker tonight with a side of salad and corn.
  • tlhorka
    tlhorka Posts: 10
    Options
    yum ... recipe please :-)
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Homemade low carb taco salad. Lettuce, tomato, taco seasoned ground beef (chuck), lowfat shredded mexican blend cheese, and salsa. Yummy!