Ladies, do you run/workout in a sports bra (in public)?

Options
123457»

Replies

• SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    If I worked out in public I would just wear my sports bra. Shirts ride up and is super annoying. and then there's the sweat issue. yuck.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I wear a tank top. It doesn't ride up and it lets my arms and shoulders breathe without collecting sweat. Once summer comes, I may consider just a sports bra
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Funny this topic came up. It's on my "goals for the year" to run a race in shorts and a sports bra only. I am going to do it in June at a local 7 mile road race. I would never, ever do it at the gym though.... poor form.
  • mbk830
    mbk830 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Go for it! Lots of women at the park where I walk wear them to run in.
  • malins2
    malins2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    When I run I do not at the gym. i live in south Florida so it gets quite hot and running in t-shirt is just not comfortable.
  • Flygirl214
    Flygirl214 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think it depends. For me it would be inappropriate because I'm 43 and have a small frame with a large chest (Not fake, so a little too bouncy if you get my drift). I think nothing of it when I see women doing that, provided it isn't borderline see through. If that is what makes you comfortable and keeps you working out, do it. If your friend is uncomfortable with it, don't work out with her. It is perception, which is subjective.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    In the gym where everyone else is using the same machines might be inappropriate. Outside, dance classes, etc, couldn't care less. Hmm maybe it depends on the sports bra? Many look like tops
  • teresabreeding
    teresabreeding Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I agree.
  • daniii6
    daniii6 Posts: 23
    Options
    If it's hot out, I definitely run in just a sports bra. I find it so much more comfortable and then I get a breeze on my belly. My stomach is somewhat flat so I can imagine if I felt bigger and more self-conscious I would be less likely. But I don't think that it is inappropriate. My goods are covered and if I am working my *kitten* off in the heat then why should I suffer being even more hot...
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Yes I do wear sports bra when I'm at the gym. I feel more comfortable with it than with a shirt
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem with other people doing it.. but I don't. Even when I was thinner and younger, I was still to modest to do that. I don't even like running around in just a bathing suit at the beach/pool.

I usually wear a good, supportive sports bra with a thin tank top or two layered over it.

I do not like to work out in a big tee shirt.. that is very uncomfortable to me. I don't want anything on my arms and I like my tops to be fitted... so that they aren't flopping around.
  • 2legit_2quit
    2legit_2quit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thats what Im working towards!! No matter what people are going to notice so im just making sure they go "she can pull that off" and not "ew gross i wish that woman would put her shirt back on lol! I do a jiggle test in my mirror, if i jog on the spot and my tummy jiggles i know im still not ready yet. I think I have done it a couple times at the gym cause Im getting pretty close.
  • Dragongrl
    Dragongrl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My knockers are too big to fit in just a sports bra so no. definately have to cover The Puppies.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I don't currently (it's winter here!) but if I was feeling good about my abs I would run in a crop top (that showed my midriff) but not just in a bra. Perhaps that is a good goal to work towards for next summer!

Although they can be pretty close in style, to me a bra is "undies" and a crop top is "clothes". I wouldn't go out in undies, but I would go out in a crop top with a sports bra underneath.