How did you meet your significant other?

Options
bradXdale
bradXdale Posts: 399
I'm on a love rant this morning after spending the night with my fiance, and talking with her about how we met and everything. It's made me curious...how did you meet your significant other? Anything special or funny about how you met the love of your life?

I'll start with mine, it's kind of funny to think that I've been friends with my fiance for over 4 years now. That's how we started, being friends, after 3 to 4 years of always flirting with each other, hanging out, and liking each other we finally gave into it. We would always be in really bad relationships, and always be there for each other then when it came down to it turn each other away and just be friends, sometimes on good status and sometimes we wouldn't talk for months on end. Now I've grown to love everything about her...we spend literally every single day with each other. Whether we're mad, upset, happy, angry, tired. There's quite a few things I don't know how I would have coped with if it wasn't for her. I know a lot of people think it's dumb or un-traditional to be engaged at a younger age because a lot of people tell you to "live your life" before marriage which I think is redundant. If we only live once, why not live it together? Love is one of the best feelings on Earth, even better than a workout or losing pounds, and we keep each other motivated, every single day.

Here's a recent photo of us, trying to smile and not look stupid.
554190_377867702237156_100000417882348_1346295_658860935_n.jpg

Replies

• StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    If we only live once, why not live it together?

That is really sweet.

My husband and brother-in-law were college friends. I met him because I would go to their shore house with my sister on the weekends. Who says you can't fall in love at the Jersey Shore? ;)
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I met my husband in ninth grade although we didn't start to date until we were 20. I had moved back to my hometown for a college internship and ran into him at a book store. We started dating a few weeks after that. We have been married for almost 5 years (this november). My husband has been a part of my life (as my friend or as my partner) for over 15 years.
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Ah you guys look really cute together!
    We met through work - not same workplace tho!
    Saw him and just knew somehow. Anyway I emailed him to suggest meeting up i-with my colleagues all egging me on. He emailed me back within 30 secs but we didnt set a date as such (lived in different cities)
    Then owt happened for a week or two. I had a deadline set in my head that if he didnt fix a proper date by x then that was that. And with 2 hours to spare he finally called to arrange to meet properly. I always tease him with how close he came to being kicked to the kerb.
  • KBienn
    KBienn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    at the gym!! about six years ago :)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    At Church.
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Blind date...41 years ago! :love:
  • LisaJ2904
    LisaJ2904 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar.....

Well as a barmaid in our local x
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My neighbor who was also my mom's best friend was in the hospital and she had this really cute nurse's aide. He was helping her and they were talking and she conned him out of his phone number and called my mom to tell her about him. I called him and we met and we've been together almost 11 years. Married 8. 2 kids. He is my lifemate. I cannot imagine being with anyone else.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    He was dating my sister, when I was 12. At age 19 he was dating me :)
  • Chrisborro
    Chrisborro Posts: 85
    Options
    Aol chatroom. Silly i know. Been together almost 15 years now
  • cutierozie
    cutierozie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on a chat line 12years ago.
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    Halloween party... I was a dark angel and he was a gynecologist, Dr. Seymore Bush. :laugh:
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Online chat room 5 years ago.
  • jadejo63
    jadejo63 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    he works for a courier company and delivered parcels to where i worked, he left a note on my car lol x
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My brother's girlfriend (now wife)'s Mom worked with my wife. My brother set us up. At the time I actually lived out of state. We fell for each other pretty quick and earned lots of frequent flyer miles for a few months.

After about 6 months I asked my employer to let me work remote and I moved in with my now wife. We were married a few months later. That was 7 years ago.

My SIL's Mom and my wife still work together too!
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    The registrar's office had the wrong room number written for my husband's enrolled college class. By the time be figured it out, he stuck out the rest of the class in effort not to be rude to the teacher or perhaps embarrassing. So he was only in my class one day. I was super friendly so he asked me out. I was friendly because he looked familiar. It turns out he had been a one time customer at my mom's auto repair shop (she no longer has it). I thought he was someone totally different. I really did think I knew who he was, down to his major. I had it completely wrong but by the time I figured it out, I had already accepted a date. By our 3rd date, he proposed.

Chance encounter+mistaken identity and now we've been married 17 years.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    We met at a friends 4th of july party. The guy was one of my best friends at the time, also her neighbor, and the guy was a total player with girls. Trying to be more like him, I walked right up to (my now girlfriend) and took her hand, looked her straight in the eye, and told her she was the most beautiful girl in the world. We've been together for almost 5 years now
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Met my husband when I was 14 in school JROTC class. The dude NEVER talked to me.
    I was in a relationship that ended about 2 years later and about a month later he popped up again. I figured he was just trying to do the whole rebound thing and a part of me wanted to just brush it off but I didn't. We started talking for hours each day and then he asked me out, I freaked and said no. We still talked everyday and about a week later I realized I couldn't go a day without seeing/talking to him so maybe it was worth a chance and I ended up asking him out. He of course said yes. well yes about 15 times actually lol We did everything together, and I finally knew what people meant when they said "your other half" cause he literally is. People assumed him and I wouldn't last because we were young and well young relationships never work right?

2 years later we were married. Year later we had our gorgeous daughter and in a few months we'll be celebrating 6 years together with 4 of those being married. Couldn't imagine my life without him, he is what makes me whole and words cannot even express how much I love that man. You never think you can love someone more than when you first realized you were actually in love but that's not the case. When we became parents I loved him in a whole new way and each day I find something else. :heart:
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    in a night club LOL
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    My senior year of high school. I worked in a restaurant. I was a waitress and he was the cook. We flirted for a while and then he asked me out for our first date on v-day. I said yes and he showed up with a teddy bear and flowers. Score! The rest is history. We were glued to each other after that. We've been married for almost 11 yrs now but been together for 13 yrs and we have a 12 yr old together.

When you know, you know.