What do you eat for breakfast? Bored of egg whites!

Options

Replies

• SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake for breakfast but try adding fresh spinach and feta to your egg whites and a dash of oregano-very yummy
  • marylovehellokitty
    marylovehellokitty Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    thx this sounds good
  • blairh10
    blairh10 Posts: 37
    Options
    Hey guys, I just need some new breakfast ideas. Lately I've been eating a chopped up laughing cow cheese, weight watchers american slice, and egg whites and making an egg mug for breakfast each morning. But now I'm getting super bored of it and I need some new quick and easy breakfast ideas. Help!

I just saw the title of your post and wanted to say "sing it sista". I am so bored of egg whites!!!
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I like to have Kashi heart to heart with unsweetened almond milk, a piece of fruit, and one whole egg.
    OR
    I love to have 2 whole eggs, with lean meat, and a piece of fruit.

Egg YOLKS are so amazingly good for you.....they have a lot of protein yes Protein... the the fat is the good fat, and hardly any cholesterol. and the yolks are a natural source of Folate (aka folic acid) 24.8mcg of folate, 94 mg DHA (brian food!)

check out this page: http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html

Excerpt from above mentioned link: The yolk contains more than 90% of the calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, thiamin, B6, folate, and B12, and 89% of the panthothenic acid (9 items). The white does not contain more than 90% of any nutrient, but contains over 80% of the magnesium, sodium, and niacin (3 items).
    The yolk contains between 50% and 80% of the copper, manganese, and selenium, while the white contains between 50% and 80% of the potassium, riboflavin, and protein.
    It should also be kept in mind that the yolk of an egg is smaller than the white. Where the white contains a slim majority of nutrients, such as protein, this is not due to a greater concentration in the white, but simply to the fact that there is more white in the egg than yolk.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I like to have Kashi heart to heart with unsweetened almond milk, a piece of fruit, and one whole egg.
    OR
    I love to have 2 whole eggs, with lean meat, and a piece of fruit.

Egg YOLKS are so amazingly good for you.....they have a lot of protein yes Protein... the the fat is the good fat, and hardly any cholesterol. and the yolks are a natural source of Folate (aka folic acid) 24.8mcg of folate, 94 mg DHA (brian food!)

check out this page: http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html

Excerpt from above mentioned link: The yolk contains more than 90% of the calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, thiamin, B6, folate, and B12, and 89% of the panthothenic acid (9 items). The white does not contain more than 90% of any nutrient, but contains over 80% of the magnesium, sodium, and niacin (3 items).
    The yolk contains between 50% and 80% of the copper, manganese, and selenium, while the white contains between 50% and 80% of the potassium, riboflavin, and protein.
    It should also be kept in mind that the yolk of an egg is smaller than the white. Where the white contains a slim majority of nutrients, such as protein, this is not due to a greater concentration in the white, but simply to the fact that there is more white in the egg than yolk.

*like*
  • surv8r
    surv8r Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Usually a cup of skim milk and a banana, sometimes I'll add fresh pineapple and/or kiwi....
  • Morgaine_on_the_move
    Morgaine_on_the_move Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I tried something new for breakfast this morning, and it was pretty good and under 300 calories: I toasted a piece of whole wheat toast and topped it with 2 TBS ricotta cheese, 2 TBS walnuts, and 1/2 TBS honey.
  • PaulJRaymond
    PaulJRaymond Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Mushroom omelette with grilled tomatoes. I use the whole egg (can't get enthused about egg whites!) and a little spray oil and it sets me up nicely for the day.
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Mushroom omelette with grilled tomatoes. I use the whole egg (can't get enthused about egg whites!) and a little spray oil and it sets me up nicely for the day.
    i love this too! great way to get more veggies in your day!
    whole eggs are so good for you!
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Eggs with Yolks ;)
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    My current favourite is peanut butter, natural yoghurt and a banana. Apparently eating more calories at breakfast makes you lose weight more effectively and quickly so maybe up your breakfast calories and decrease elsewhere which will also mean more choice?
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    100 calorie packs of cinnamon almonds and a cup of blackberries (65 calories) =165 calorie breakfast, 4G of protien
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I will take grilled veggies and couscous from the night before and put it in a frying pan for a few mins. I even add eggs some times with it.
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Home made fruit parfait: 203 calories
    50g of blueberries
    50g of raspberries
    150g of fat free vanilla yogurt
    1/3 cup granola

Such a great breakfast after a morning run!
  • darchalus
    darchalus Posts: 2
    Options
    This is what I have started doing, the skyr is like a super dense greek yogurt, that is actually fresh cheese, not yogurt, but its sold in the organic yogurt section. On its own it tastes kinda like ricotta cheese, but creamier. With fresh strawberries though it is awesome IMO.

Cal Carb Fat Protein
    Siggi's - Icelandic Style Skyr Strained Non-Fat Yogurt Grade A 0% Milkfat Plain, 5.3 oz (150 g) 80 5 0 15
    Strawberries - Raw, 300 g 96 23 1 2
    Add Food Quick Tools 176 28 1 17
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Boil 1/2 cup whole grain, old fashioned oats in 1 cup of water for 3 minutes, add your fav fresh and mashed fruit ( I loveee strawberries and bananas) and some sweetener (or not). It's very filling and I never get hungry until lunch!
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I have 1 of 4 things.

1. 1 packet instant lower sugar maple&brown sugar oatmeal and 2 pieces of turkey bacon (190 Calories)
    2. 1 egg, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, 1 pieces 45& delightful sara lee bread, .5oz cheddar cheese (240 calories)
    3. 2 schwans breakfast scramble mini pizzas (195 calories)
    4. Homemade waffle (hungry jack mix) and 4tbs of light cool whip (190 calories)

I go through phases where I have 1 of these until I'm sick of it then I move on. I didn't think the breakfast pizza's would keep me full until lunch time, especially having 1/2 of a serving (which is 4 mini pizza's) but they do...quick and easy. Also, the waffle I really only have on the weekends.
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    Oatmeal with fresh blueberries or strawberries; Chobani yogurt with a little granola; bagel with natural peanut butter
  • defectus
    defectus Posts: 8
    Options
    Low fat cottage cheese (300g/10oz) = 200kcal (2g fat)
    Nut granola (25g/1ounce) = 120kcal (7g fat)
    Fat free yogurt (150g/5oz) = 100kcal
    Flakes e.g. corn, wheat, special flakes (15g/.5oz) = 80kcal

Loads of protein, carbs and low fat. Totals around 450kcal, 50g carbs, 40g protein (so you feel full for long), 10g fat mostly from nuts.

Porridge from time to time.
  • emmalou2206
    emmalou2206 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I eat cereal, either Weetabix Crunchy Bran or All Bran Golden Crunch with fat free natural yogurt, strawberries and blueberries :)