How did you meet your significant other?

Options

Replies

• netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My husband and I met...

well we were a one night stand...

haha, he found out where I worked, kinda stalked me untill I went on a date with him....

so yeah my one night stand turned into forever :)
  • RaysfanATL
    RaysfanATL Posts: 94
    Options
    We met on an online dating site, we emailed back and forth for a few weeks, getting to know each other...when we finally decided to meet up, and pick a place to meet, we found out that we lived in the same apartment complex, and had been for a year and a half already! And we also work for the same airline, in the same city!! So now we travel the world together!!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Halloween party... I was a dark angel and he was a gynecologist, Dr. Seymore Bush. :laugh:

Hahaha! Hey, did you know that there's an ACTUAL real life gyno named Harry Beaver? It was like he was fated from birth to be an OB/Gyn! LOL
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    We met in 1983, waiting in line to buy concert tickets for Journey (Escape Tour!!) at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh. It was raining, so she shared her umbrella ... I was 18, freshman in college, she was 17, junior in HS. We started dating, got engaged in 1985 (20 and 19 at that time), got married in 1987. We'll be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary this summer ... but we've been together for 29 years now!
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Plane geometry class in high school. She sat in the row next to me.
    Next month will be our 44th wedding anniversary.
  • Sagelit
    Sagelit Posts: 78
    Options
    That's a very sweet story. I don't see why you shouldn't live your life together! My brother married his wife last year, and they're fairly young. They're happy! That's all that matters.

I met my hubby on World of Warcraft! We often think how close it was that we never would have met at all :D
  • MHaddick2355
    Options
    My husand and I have been friends since we were about 7 years old. We have pics of us trick or treating together and at family gathering. His family and my family have always been like family. So we have spent almost our whole lives together we are almost 40 now. We have one child and she is going to be 10 this year. I am truly blessed when it comes to my family.
  • AmberLee2012
    AmberLee2012 Posts: 540
    Options
    I met my husband through a friend at a local club. A girl friend had begged me to come out with her that night. She was dating a guy who brought some friends with him as well. As soon as I saw Russ, I was like WOW. He had tattoos, a killer smile, and a cute butt! My girl friend told me that if she wasn’t dating her current BF, she would totally be with Russ, so I figured he was off limits. We were dancing later in the evening and I was so shocked when he came up and started dancing with me, and he had major skills on the dance floor too! Come to find out, we graduated from the same high school, the same year. Our high school was huge and it was almost impossible to know everyone. He gave me his hoodie at the end of the night. The next day, I had to take to back to him and I was so nervous! We ended up rollerblading and had dinner with the other couple and a few weeks later we made it official. We’ve been together going on 8 years now, and married for 5 in September. I know not everyone believes in fate, but I do. We both were dragged out by mutual friends that night, and might have never connected if we had choose not to go. The girl friend made attempts to get me to break up with Russ afterwards and when it didn’t happen, she quit talking to me altogether. It was strange, but I don’t miss her.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    It was the birthday party of someone we both knew. I was 18, he was 20. I'm the kind of person that has no problems talking to people, UNLESS I find them attractive and I thought this guy was seriously cute. I decided to have a few drinks to feel a bit more comfortable around him and initially it worked, as we started talking and it turned out we had quite a bit in common.

Later that night, we wound up separated from the rest of our group and he kissed me. My train of thought essentially went like this:
    "YES! He's kissing me! This is AWESOME! A really cute guy is kissing...damn, I feel funny. Maybe I shouldn't have had those shots as well as the wine. Actually I feel kind of queasy. Uh oh!'

Before I broke from the kiss to run to the men's toilets (I ran straight past the gender-appropriate ones in my drunken stupor) to puke and had to have a friend take me back to her place.

I was convinced I'd totally ballsed things up and would never see that guy again. We've been together for nearly 4 and a half years.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    At Band Camp.. yep that's right, not kidding, band camp!!
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Yahoo buzz.....The only thing good to ever come out of that stupid place.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I'd get a strike for a completely accurate description of how I met my husband, so I'll just give you the G-rated version. He and his best friend (who was a mutual friend) were visiting the city I lived in overnight to attend an event. They crashed at my place. About a month later our mutual friend gave me his number.
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Match.com --6 years ago :bigsmile: Married 4 years... I was joking just the other day, when one of their commercials came on, that out 19 month old daughter should, go on there,, and say I'm a match .com baby ...
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I love reading all these amazing stories!

I met my boyfriend at a school fair :laugh: not while we were at school though!

His band were playing and a mutual friend invited me to go with her and we were introduced and became pretty good friends.

Our other friends tried so hard to set us up (arranging a group meet and then not showing up so it was just the two of us etc) and we just ended up spending a lot of time together.

One day something horrible happened to a girl we knew and we were both so upset about it, we just realised how much we needed each other and we've now been together almost 3 years and moved in together last month :smile: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • cindylou617
    cindylou617 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Kinda knew each other in HS. Then found each other on plentyoffish.com. The rest is history! :)
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I remained G rated with mine as well :)
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    we met on ebay...

1581751_700b.jpg
  • threeringedgirl
    Options
    government class our sophomore year of highschool.... he sat in front of me.... i really did not like him at all at first but then we became friends and many a years later began dating.... that was years ago last december :]
  • shannyfro
    shannyfro Posts: 641
    Options
    ICQ instant messaging lol
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My sweetie and i met when he hired me for my current job - we were coworkers for a long time (he was kind of my boss for a while), he trained me and all, and i always had a massive crush on him, but he had a girlfriend at the time. He later left our team but i always thought about him and how he was doing. Then i saw on MySpace that he was the friend of a friend, and i sent him a friend request - he literally accepted and wrote me a big long letter within 10 minutes - i couldn't have been more surprised! We played email tag for a couple of days, met for lunch, and the rest is history.
    that was four years ago, now we have a big house, car, and are living the dream. :) So very happy!