How did you meet your significant other?

Options

Replies

• kme2011
    kme2011 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when I was 18, he was 21. I was working at a grocery store as a cashier and he keep coming through my line. i never really paid him much attention until a friend told me that there was this guy who really liked me and wanted to hang out. So me being the "*itch" i am, told her if he wanted my number he would have to come get it. A few minutes later he walked through the doors and we've been together ever since. We've been together since Feb, 2003, moved in with him 6 months later, had our first child in 05, married in 07 and had our last child in 09. I can't imagine my life without him.:heart: I don't ever regret falling in love at an early age. I love MY life. :wink:
  • jayele72
    jayele72 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I was the lead singer in a 10 piece Disco band back in the late '90s. We played every Weds night on the east side of Milwaukee, WI and my wife used to come out to see the band ;)
  • jhremix
    jhremix Posts: 4
    Options
    Toronto pride 2011
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when we were four and on the same soccer team (my dad was the coach.) Of course, we have no recollection of that. We became good friends in high school and started dating when I was 19 (sophomore in college.) We did long distance for a year and a half. Then we moved in together and two years later we got engaged. Two years later we got married. We're having our eighth wedding anniversary next month and we've been together almost 15 years! He's loved me through thick and thin (literally) and I couldn't hope for a better partner.
  • LilGiselle21
    LilGiselle21 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    At a psych ward...we were both patients. There was actually four of us exchanging info (I had post partum depression) this guy there was trying to talk to me and he was try to talk to this girl who I had become friends with. In asking where everyone lives I found out he lived about 5-10 minute walk from him and I joked that when he got out(he was getting transferred) I would go to his house if my mom drove me crazy (I was only allowed out if I went back to living with her. Time passed he hooked up with my then friend she turned around and told me all this crap about him. I never met up with the guy I had met in there. Eventually we talked again about 4 months later.he told me about her and I had to "talk to her" for him. To this day I haven't told him what she said but I advised him to let it go. I was still with my dbag of my baby father going through hard times and he always seemed to call when I was in my feelings except for one night I was hanging out and he wanted to show me his car at like midnight I said no and he was like but I want to see you.....totally weirded me out but I said ok. A couple of weeks later I left my baby father and I called him new years eve dec 31, 2008 freaking out because I couldnt bring in the new year by myself and not get trashed. He was going to AA meetings at the time he had wanted to go see this play and dance they were going to do and I told him I'll go because I couldn't be home I was going to have a breakdown if I was by myself (I didn't trust myself when I was upset even with my kids with me) we went he was such a gentleman. We went back to his house and watched movies had our first kiss later that night. I freaked out and he laughed at me. I explained to him I just got out od this horrible relationship and didn't want him to be a rebound. I kept having issues going home and would stay at his place eventually he made me comfortable enough my fears slowly disappeared about a 2 months later I gave him the news that I was pregnant. After talking to my kids only 3 and 1 as they had only seen me with their dad but my 3 yo was very wise. I let him meet my kids. After about a month (I had declared myself homeless and was in a shelter to get a housing voucher) my son would tell me when I was upset to call him "because he made me happy" then I realized how amazing he was. Our daughter was born dec 31,2009 exactly a year after it all started. We now have a wonderful family And he's a great father to the 3 kids and amazing family man.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    we met on ebay...

1581751_700b.jpg

Pahah, love it :tongue:
  • BunnyLover24
    Options
    I worked with his best friend for a few years. His friend was constantly asking me out, so finally I said I would drop by his birthday party later that night and that's where I met my hubby. He finished off the chicken strips I couldn't eat and we've been together ever since.
  • steffo365
    steffo365 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Me and my significant other first laid eyes on each other at a mutual friends' wedding, at this time I was 16 and he was 19. I kept catching him glancing over at me but neither of us had the courage to approach each other that day, lol. I left the wedding with him on my mind, thinking I would probably never see him again. A year later, on a Sunday, I see him again at my church! I honestly couldn't believe it because I had wanted to talk to him so bad at the wedding and it was like I was given a second chance. Although he was in a relationship and so was I (neither of which lasted very long). We finally talked, got to know each other and "officially" met at my church. And a month later, we began our relationship and fell in love <3! We have been together a little over two years now. :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • FTClown
    FTClown Posts: 181
    Options
    She is my odest sisters best friend and she was my babysitter
  • er1nya
    er1nya Posts: 87
    Options
    All of these stories are making me smile!

I met my boyfriend on okcupid. We emailed and talked on the phone for awhile before we met up. I asked him on our first date if we could lie about where we met because I was so embarrassed and he said he wouldn't start a relationship with a lie. It's so funny that we met online because he's so technologically impaired and never had a facebook or myspace or anything else. Anyway he walked me to my car after the date and kissed me and we've been inseparable every since. We live together and I could not ask for a better man.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    blind date set up by a mutual friend. 7 years and love him more every day - great man and great father. overall - just a really great human. couldn't ask for more! :heart:
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I think we met first when i was 3 and i liked her at once. She was older, of course, but in a delicious way. As the years grew on, the like turned to love. She was with me at most of my major life events. And the only regret is the times when the fondness turned to an unhealthy obsession. But I look forward to many sweet years together...

300px-Chocolate.jpg
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Excite chat room- didn't get to meet until we had been talking for 1.5 years. Met in April, moved from Oregon to PA in June and married in August. Will be 11 yrs
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Love the stories

One of my friends dated him first (Casually). She started dating someone else and passed him off. Best thing that ever happened to me. Been married for almost a year.
    exercise.png
    [/url]
  • Mrsmis78
    Mrsmis78 Posts: 62
    Options
    I met my husband on a chat line 12years ago.

I met mine the same way..10 years ago
  • bigtwagner
    bigtwagner Posts: 113
    Options
    We both worked at Hardees in high school and it was love at first sight!!!
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    At a friends house. I was driving my best friend from Oregon to Phoenix to meet some chick he was into (who turned into a total psycho). My SO was renting a room in her house (he had just moved down from Minnesota) and we hit it off right away.
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    We met through my dad. My husband and him worked together and had asked about me. So my dad has us meet....we have been together for 7 years!! :) He is the one for me!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    At a highschool party during Spring Break!:laugh: That was in 1988. Been married for 22 years.
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    All of these stories rule! Didn't expect such a response :]