6'5 261 ...lets represent fellow defesensive ends lol
  • biggsexy7
    biggsexy7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Come on man why couldn't you say 6' 2" lol
  • lindaschultz45
    lindaschultz45 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I hear you ladies....didn't know there were any 6 ft plus guys anymore. It's wonderful to see you men pull together and support one another.

I met someone at the gym where I go and he has lost over 100 lbs since two weeks before Christmas and his wife has lost around 60 lbs. It's interesting to hear him talk about some of the struggles he has had and then the excitement at being able to walk out of a department store with a much smaller size. He said he does the treadmill at level 4 but I can't remember at what pace but does it for 20 minutes and then does the circuit weights and then does another 20 minutes on the treadmill.

Keep it guys!
  • Mctree20
    Mctree20 Posts: 137
    Options
    6' 5" weight right now is 226lbs.

I dropped 20lbs last year using a low carb diet. My "ideal" weight is apparently 184lbs which seems a little low.

Back on the low carb thing again. Just tying to settle into it this week.

To the other guys on here around my height, what goal weight did you aim for / achieve? Without looking too skinny?

I'm 6'2" and I'm shooting for 220 at 10% body fat. I still have some work to do. Guessing I need to drop about 10 more pounds of fat to achieve this. And that's the tough part for me. I really don't want to lose any more weight but I'm a realist and know that I'll have to trim down some more to achieve this. I just want to keep that hard-earned muscle.

Looking back at photos from when I was younger and under 200 lbs. I just looked so thin. I joke and say that my Adam's apple was bigger than my biceps. Personally I don't think that anyone my height or over should be much under 200 unless you like the thinner marathon runner look. If you drop down to 184 you're going to look really thin with your height. That's not to say that you'll look like a skeleton but you'll be lanky for sure.

Am beginning to think 200lbs might be better. Still, if I do go far then at least I have the fun of putting some back on right? According to the BMI chart I need to be 210 just to be "normal weight".

Thanks for the feedback.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    6' 3" and my all-time high weight was 280. Down to about 216 now, on my way down to 195 if I can manage it.
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm only 6-1 ... and feeling rather short right now. You tall guys are getting all the love. Damn you!!!
  • soccermoma11
    soccermoma11 Posts: 126
    Options
    you have to know I'm not the only girl checking out the big tall guys...just sayin' carry on men!

Amen to that hahaha :p
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    6'3" over here.

SW: 286
    CW: 198

Current Goal: 190
  • soccermoma11
    soccermoma11 Posts: 126
    Options
    Never been to Vegas LOL... jk. Good job though guys! I am just starting. And yes lots of us women love the big thick men! They give great hugs.

soo true! hahaha im a canadian girl. its nice to be able to wear heals as well and not be taller than the guy hahaha you guys are doing fantasti keep up the amazing work! hahaha this is motivation enough seeing you men hahahhahaha
  • firefightmc
    firefightmc Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    6'3" 266, add me my big brothers
  • RichardCMolloy
    RichardCMolloy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'8" UGH!
  • tootalla3
    tootalla3 Posts: 1
    Options
    6'4" target 224 lbs. 231lbs right now. Running, starting gym program Thursday.
  • bolsaguns
    bolsaguns Posts: 100
    Options
    6'4 and 195 now. I do a lot of cardio, and basketball.
  • 22colin
    22colin Posts: 31
    Options
    6' 3" (just)

started @ 127kg (280 lb)
    now @ 94.8kg (208 lb)
    goal is 87kg (190 lb - or close enough)

run, swim & weights when my shoulders aren't playing up
  • Jessika421
    Jessika421 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    you have to know I'm not the only girl checking out the big tall guys...just sayin' carry on men!

^^this
  • goosecrosby
    Options
    6'7-6'8 here. I used to be 315lbs my freshman year of college. The day I graduated college I was down to 215. Over the course of the next couple years I fluctuated between 220 and 280. Currently age 23 sitting at ~250, losing about 25lbs in the last 2-3 months. Looking to get down to around 230 again while toning up.

Just remember that on a taller person, the weight does not show as much as if you were shorter. :) Good luck on your goals everyone.

Feel free to add me to your friends list as well. Always looking for motivational friends.
  • biggsexy7
    biggsexy7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    6'2"
    s/w 305
    currently 270
    Goal 225

I am a wide shoulder guy. I've been down to 225 before and it's the perfect weight for me. I have lifted weights a long time so I have a large muscle mass.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Am beginning to think 200lbs might be better. Still, if I do go far then at least I have the fun of putting some back on right? According to the BMI chart I need to be 210 just to be "normal weight"

My current BMI is 29.1 so that puts me less than one point away from being obese (30). The whole BMI thing is such a joke if you lift much if any at all and I'm not even close to what you would call a "bodybuilder". There's an actual photo of me in my profile and you can judge for yourself if I'm one snack away from being obese.
  • Mctree20
    Mctree20 Posts: 137
    Options
    Am beginning to think 200lbs might be better. Still, if I do go far then at least I have the fun of putting some back on right? According to the BMI chart I need to be 210 just to be "normal weight"

My current BMI is 29.1 so that puts me less than one point away from being obese (30). The whole BMI thing is such a joke if you lift much if any at all and I'm not even close to what you would call a "bodybuilder". There's an actual photo of me in my profile and you can judge for yourself if I'm one snack away from being obese.

I see your point!
  • hales_04
    hales_04 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love this thread :)