what to do with cottage cheese?

Replies

• obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member

On the other hand, when I want something salty, I mix in some onion soup mix and dip cauliflower and celery into it.

Thank you, I am doing this now with carrots, this is going to be a great evening "treat" from now on.
  • pkralev
    pkralev Posts: 17 Member
    Bump. So many idea's.
  • ElizaGeorge
    ElizaGeorge Posts: 140 Member
    My favorite is to take bites of it along with bites of a fresh peeled orange! Mmmm
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Quiche -
    I love it like this, one tub of Cottage cheese, 2-3 eggs and whatever fillings I want.
    Mix it all together and bung in the oven till cooked.
    Yummy!
  • shadyx
    shadyx Posts: 1
    try adding some OLIVE OIL and sprinkle some DRY MINT ! it tastes great :)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    i mix it with tuna, celery, a little salt and pepper and a few drops of tabasco, then use it as a jacket potato filling, or for fewer carbs boil a smaller potato, cut it up and mix it in too as a potato salad. Low cal and a very filling lunch!

And I thought I was the only one! Mmmm, tabasco, love that stuff.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Some really great new ideas here- thanks everyone!
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    sliced tomatoes, salt and pepper.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    bumping for later read,.............. thanks everyone for some great ideas!!!
  • AlissaPT
    AlissaPT Posts: 65 Member
    Add some Fiber One and Flax Seed to it and allow it to sit for about 10 minutes. You'll have something similar to pudding.

Add a portion of peanut butter and low fat jam to it. (Yummy energy fix)

Top a baked sweet potato with it.

Spread it on a slice of whole wheat toast and top with strawberries.

Or, just eat it plain.

I second the "whole wheat toast" bit, but put it under the broiler with cinnamon on top. MMMMmmm
  • scante60
    scante60 Posts: 106 Member
    I love mixing 1/2 c. cottage cheese with 1/4 c. salsa, 1/2 avocado, and 2 tbsp sunflower seeds. I've been experimenting with different salsas lately, and Trader Joe's Corn and Chile salsa is especially good. Sometimes I'll throw in some olives if they're handy. Yum!
  • missallenxox
    missallenxox Posts: 175 Member
    eat it straight up, will halve cherry tomatoes on top soooo yummy and light
  • Keeleelee55
    Keeleelee55 Posts: 45 Member
    had it for breakfast this morning with tomato and black pepper. Sometimes I eat just it with a LOT of black pepper! It's great with pears also.
  • dorkynerd
    dorkynerd Posts: 23 Member
    My favorite way to use it, is as salad dressing! It's sooooooo YUMMMY! I also eat it by its self. I don't care for it with fruit though.
  • SnarkyMam0610
    SnarkyMam0610 Posts: 39 Member
    I either put fresh pineapple or peaches on top or I mix it with apple butter and put it on whole wheat crackers. (My husband thinks its disguesting when I do this lol)
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    throw it in the trash....
  • SnarkyMam0610
    SnarkyMam0610 Posts: 39 Member
    I've also made a lower calorie buffalo chicken dip with it because I love that stuff, I just put about equal amounts cottage cheese and shredded chicken and added Frank's Red Hot. I dipped celery and wheat thins in it, it was delicious!

Now that sounds really good! I am a sucker for anything buffalo chicken!
  • beautifulbrat
    beautifulbrat Posts: 171
    I eat mine plain sometimes. I also like to mix fruit into it.....so yummy and you get the protein. Another thing is get regular lettuce and cut it up and then put cottage cheese on it and then put fresh sliced tomatoes on top with salt and pepper to taste....soo delicious
  • I eat it plain, but my sweetie and I also like to make a cheese dip out of it for a special treat. I just warm it slowly and add a bit of 2% or fat free cheddar and a little homemade salsa. It's creamy and feels like cheating without as many calories as regular cheese dip.
    [/quote

sounds delicious!]