Why the scale goes UP with a new workout program- MUST READ

Options

Replies

• olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    This really IS a must read for everyone!! before I understood this I got discouraged and gave up. Now I anticipate it and it's no big deal. I even asked a trainer about it and they had no idea. this should really be more common knowledge (instead of everyone saying you gained 4 pounds of muscle overnight).
  • mrsloganlife
    mrsloganlife Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much for posting this! My weight has been fluctuating like crazy and after reading your article I looked at my calendar and I am right in that 3-4 week stage! I was getting a little frustrated because I wasn't sure what was going on...so this totally made me lose the frustration and got me back on track!
  • catweazle12
    catweazle12 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. This explains my 3 - 4lb weight gain after I ran a marathon 2 weeks ago. Back to my normal weight now. Good information
  • nmody123
    nmody123 Posts: 1
    Options
    thank you brought the positiveness back
  • maltipink
    maltipink Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I started working out a little over a week ago and have gained a little over 4 pounds! Yikes! My common sense told me that it could not be calorie related due to the fact that I am very strict. However, reading this helped me make sense of what is going on!! Thank you.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hallie_b
    hallie_b Posts: 181
    Options
    Bump and PRAYING for it to not last more than 2 weeks I have to get in a bathing suit soon :embarassed:
  • c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU
  • Smores18
    Smores18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks!!
  • NotThePest
    NotThePest Posts: 164
    Options
    "Bump and PRAYING for it to not last more than 2 weeks I have to get in a bathing suit soon"

You can gain water weight and still loose inches, don't worry.
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, helps me and some of my MFP friends.

Andy
  • satishchannar
    satishchannar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this information, I was wondering why my weigh increased after i started Insanity, now it makes sense. :smile:
  • AnnaYESiCANdoIT
    AnnaYESiCANdoIT Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for sharing!
  • ozycat
    ozycat Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Really interesting! thanks!
  • KauandMe
    KauandMe Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • naomibabes3
    Options
    Thank you for this! I've moved up to level 2 of 30DS and I've put 4lb on! I was just about ready to give up seeing as killing myself each day has made no difference and I've put weight on so I am sooooo happy to read this! I've barely been able to walk with muscle soreness so it must be the reason!

Thank you! You may have just saved me from a massive binge and having to start all over again!
  • purpleychick
    purpleychick Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    wow that's some good information :)
  • virjenmarie
    virjenmarie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • Jeepers133
    Jeepers133 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • bubblystar
    Options
    OMG! Im so happy to read this. I've been walking most day doing 30 t0 45 mins each time. I went out and brought a Elliptical Trainer and my weight has increased 1kg and it wont move. I was getting really upset and disheartened. Thank you. I'll stick with it.