30 Day Shred.....Lets Support Each Other!

Options

Replies

• Feddyvon
    Feddyvon Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Finished Week One with just one day off, and that was a night where I played softball, so it wasn't completely stagnant. After a week, I noticed some of my strength getting better, and getting a few more reps in with each cycle. It's not been a huge increase, but an increase none the less.

It could all be in my head, but I think some of the effort is starting to show in my shoulders and chest, but I didn't measure, so I can't say for certain.

My official one week weigh-in had me down a little over 3 pounds, but I think a lot of that could have been water weight from playing basketball and then 30DS last night with a heavy sweat. Tomorrow should give me a more accurate reading. If nothing else, the program has given me a bit of direction, and gotten me started on the right track to build up some of the muscle I lost through dieting.
  • MsSickOfBeingFluffy
    MsSickOfBeingFluffy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just got my 30 Day Shred & Dumbells today!! Day #1 tomorrow :]
  • rrpisme
    rrpisme Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey all! I'm working through 30 Day shred for the second time. Worked through it once, then worked through ripped in 30, then 6 week 6 pack on rotation with banish fat boost metabolism, now I'm back at 30 day shred but doing it differently. Doing level one, then 2 then 3 and repeating level 1 on day four, level 2 on day five...ect ect. you get the idea, right? It's going well! And I really love JM's videos and motivation. Tomorrow will be day 21 of 30 (and I'll be doing level 3).
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Ok...you have all talked me into it. I've considered this program for long enough. I start tonight!! I'll be sure to take measurements and pics too.
    Good for you!
  • debwaid
    Options
    So I bought a heart rate monitor and wow! I had logged this under general circuit training and around 200 calories when in actuality the HRM says I burned 440!
    Wow that is impressive. I use a HRM and dont' hit that high!
  • debwaid
    Options
    So this week 2 for me. I'm doing it M-F, 10 days on each level. So today is Day 6, Level 1. Noticing that my stamina is definitely getting better. Plus I am lifting at the gym 5 days a week. Hoping to see some awesome results!
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Day 2! I am definitely feeling it, but in a good way :-) can't wait to see what the rest of the week brings.
  • cheeky1095
    cheeky1095 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    So I bought a heart rate monitor and wow! I had logged this under general circuit training and around 200 calories when in actuality the HRM says I burned 440!
    I intially was burning in the 400 range on level 1 using my HRM since moving up to level 2 I burn anything between the 200-350 range. I don't know if this is because I have more stamina & don't need to push myself as hard or because I've lost weight but still a good burn & great workout
  • cheeky1095
    Options
    For those who have finished the program or further along, did you initially feel that your body wasn't changing?
    I'm on day 20 & in 'my eyes' I still feel like my body looks the same BUT the scales, the tape measure, my clothes & my partner say different. I've lost 7lbs, 2 inches off my waist, my pants fall down & my partner says I look slimmer along with toned legs. I think we ourselves see what we want to see & in our head we don't see a difference unless it's dramatic. I will probably realise my body has changed when I put the before & after photos side by side
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 6. :) Nearly didn't do it today as I've got toothache (off to the dentist once I've had a shower) but I did it anyway and I'm pleased about that. Really struggled with the shoulder raises/side lunges today though.
  • missataylor22
    missataylor22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hii. im on day 9, but iv had a days break in between so technically on day 4! i tried level 3 last night but i really didnt enjoy it and didnt sweat nearlly as much as level 2 so im going to stick with that. i dont know if its own to the shred but in one month iv lost an inch each off my hips, thighs, waist and chest. not much has changed weight wise though, have only lost a couple of pounds which is really disscouraging but the inch loss does make me smile :) xx
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I just got my 30 Day Shred & Dumbells today!! Day #1 tomorrow :]

Hai! I start on the 22nd, too. Monday I watched the video so I would know what to expect and to plan ways to accommodate my silly bum knee on some of the high stress knee moves. Looks like it's gonna be a very good workout. :)

So many people have had such good results. I'm excited. Best to you!
  • alinakaras
    alinakaras Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    For those who have finished the program or further along, did you initially feel that your body wasn't changing?

Yes, I couldn't see or feel any difference for nearly 20 days and only yesterday noticed that my trousers were very loose! I haven't lost any weight, but checked the measurements yesterday (Day 24) and I lost 5cm off the belly and 2cm off my waist! Nothing off the arms or thighs, however :( I can also see that I am much stronger as I can easily do shadow boxing in Level 3 fully squatting and with the dumbbells!

I'm sure I would have better results if I followed my diet better, but that gives me the motivation to try this workout again after I come back from holidays!
  • ericadgood
    ericadgood Posts: 9
    Options

I sure can't SEE a difference yet (today will be my 10th workout) but I can FEEL it. I'm able to do the push ups better, yesterday I was hardly even breathing hard until the third circuit, my calf muscles are firm, my core seems tighter. I'm still not down in weight or inches (actually I'm still up from my start weight/inches), but I'm encouraged enough by my increased stamina to keep on keeping on.

Stay strong!
  • I_Golf
    I_Golf Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done... what a workout! I'm guessing this will be more of a 45-60 day rotation for me. I did OK on the strength part, but the jumping jacks were tough. I have a lot of weight to lose (90+ lbs) and hope this will give me a good jump start on dropping pounds. I've worked out for years, but even Level 1 shows me that I don't push my limits with my normal routine.
  • butlera8
    butlera8 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 20 & in 'my eyes' I still feel like my body looks the same BUT the scales, the tape measure, my clothes & my partner say different. I've lost 7lbs, 2 inches off my waist, my pants fall down & my partner says I look slimmer along with toned legs. I think we ourselves see what we want to see & in our head we don't see a difference unless it's dramatic. I will probably realise my body has changed when I put the before & after photos side by side

Thanks for this! I guess it can kind of get discouraging when reading stories of people who have lost 8 inches in 10 days lol!
  • butlera8
    Options

Yes, I couldn't see or feel any difference for nearly 20 days and only yesterday noticed that my trousers were very loose! I haven't lost any weight, but checked the measurements yesterday (Day 24) and I lost 5cm off the belly and 2cm off my waist! Nothing off the arms or thighs, however :( I can also see that I am much stronger as I can easily do shadow boxing in Level 3 fully squatting and with the dumbbells!

I'm sure I would have better results if I followed my diet better, but that gives me the motivation to try this workout again after I come back from holidays!

I'm hoping the same happens with me!
  • butlera8
    Options

I sure can't SEE a difference yet (today will be my 10th workout) but I can FEEL it. I'm able to do the push ups better, yesterday I was hardly even breathing hard until the third circuit, my calf muscles are firm, my core seems tighter. I'm still not down in weight or inches (actually I'm still up from my start weight/inches), but I'm encouraged enough by my increased stamina to keep on keeping on.

Stay strong!

This is almost me exactly! I feel stronger and I have more stamina. I just don't want to see any more gut lol!
  • cheeky1095
    Options

Thanks for this! I guess it can kind of get discouraging when reading stories of people who have lost 8 inches in 10 days lol!

Haha this made me laugh, I wish I had dropped 8 inches in 10 days. If I had I sure wouldn't be on day 20, I'd of quit at day 10 & been happy minus 8 inches :laugh:
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Finished Week One with just one day off, and that was a night where I played softball, so it wasn't completely stagnant. After a week, I noticed some of my strength getting better, and getting a few more reps in with each cycle. It's not been a huge increase, but an increase none the less.

It could all be in my head, but I think some of the effort is starting to show in my shoulders and chest, but I didn't measure, so I can't say for certain.

My official one week weigh-in had me down a little over 3 pounds, but I think a lot of that could have been water weight from playing basketball and then 30DS last night with a heavy sweat. Tomorrow should give me a more accurate reading. If nothing else, the program has given me a bit of direction, and gotten me started on the right track to build up some of the muscle I lost through dieting.

I actually noticed the chest and shoulders too. I took measurements, but not there, but I swear my collarbone and the silhouette of my shoulders up to my neck have gotten more defined and 'graceful' would be the only word to fit here. Other than that, I'm on Day 8 today, down 2.5 pounds, but not sure of any inches lost yet.

Still trucking. Will measure Day 10 to see. :) TOM is coming though...