You asked for it... Cauli-crust pizza (pics)

Options

Replies

• amadapooky76
    Options
    bump!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    glad to see this is going strong lol :)
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    MMMM still loving me some cauli crust pizza... anyone else?

tonight is shepherds pie topped with mashed cauliflower! yum1!! :)
  • mswhite60
    mswhite60 Posts: 35
    Options
    I made this yesterday following the recipe at http://www.eat-drink-smile.com/2011/04/cauliflower-crust-pizza.html

It was great, but a little high calorie-wise, due to the cheese. What I did experiment with is using a pizza stone. I made the crust on parchment and put it on a pre-heated pizza stone t in a 600F oven. This makes the crust much more cohesive - it behaved like pizza!

Today I am going to try less cheese, and use FF mozzarella. I'll report the results!
  • mswhite60
    mswhite60 Posts: 35
    Options
    Success!

For the crust I used 1.5 cups of cauliflower plus 1/2 cup of FF mozzarella (plus the same spices). I topped it with another 1/2 cup FF mozzarella. and turkey pepperoni, onions, green peppers.

Totaled out at 296 calories for the entire pizza, but I only ate 4 (of the 6) pieces.

The crust was fine - help together very well - I think a very hot pizza stone is the magic!

-Matt

Here is the end result - (the parchment paper is a little toasty from the 600F oven - no worries):

2vi4bie.jpg

Here is a slice in action (it is bigger than it looks, and I did slice it weird so this was one of the smaller pieces):

1giy6d.jpg
  • jeniferdawn6
    jeniferdawn6 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GroupXZ
    GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump
  • phard53
    phard53 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cindyw1eye
    cindyw1eye Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    Awesome, husband and I were just sitting here talking about making this tomorrow (have fresh cauliflower, etc) and then I came on here and there is the photo of what it actually looks like:) Can't wait to make one!
  • 139pilotwife
    139pilotwife Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Finally made this tonight & it was AWESOME! I had mentioned to my son what I was making for dinner & he turned his nose up so I put a regular crusted pizza in for him. So when the pizza came out I cut him a small slice...he tried it & then wanted my cauli-crust pizza instead of his regular crust. Thank you so much for posting.

I still have some cauliflower left over so guess what we're having for lunch tomorrow-per request from my son!!
  • ajcamber
    ajcamber Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Bluskyleilu
    Bluskyleilu Posts: 24
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, I will definitely try it!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Bump, will be trying.
  • knackarsch
    knackarsch Posts: 53
    Options
    Bump
  • truecaligirl
    truecaligirl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    this fatty's gotta try it ;)
  • carolyn002
    carolyn002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    this looks awesome - ideal for gluten free menu - thanks
  • holly0171
    holly0171 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Success!

For the crust I used 1.5 cups of cauliflower plus 1/2 cup of FF mozzarella (plus the same spices). I topped it with another 1/2 cup FF mozzarella. and turkey pepperoni, onions, green peppers.

Totaled out at 296 calories for the entire pizza, but I only ate 4 (of the 6) pieces.

The crust was fine - help together very well - I think a very hot pizza stone is the magic!

-Matt

Here is the end result - (the parchment paper is a little toasty from the 600F oven - no worries):

2vi4bie.jpg

Here is a slice in action (it is bigger than it looks, and I did slice it weird so this was one of the smaller pieces):

1giy6d.jpg